Skill vs. Luck

Gordon Gekko

Skill vs. Luck

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:42 pm

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
quote:Originally posted by Hard heads:
1 strikeout would be just flat out wrong! How much sleep did you lose over that Shawn? If I didn't win other events, it would have hurt more. I can still see Rich Harden pitching against a AAA line-up the last day of the year and can't get 4 K's.

Hitters AB R H RBI BB SO LOB AVG
M. Izturis, SS 5 1 2 1 1 0 1 .293
R. Willits, CF 3 1 1 0 2 1 0 .267
T. Salmon, DH 4 1 0 0 1 0 5 .265
A. Kennedy, 2B 3 1 1 1 2 1 0 .273
R. Quinlan, 3B-LF 5 1 2 2 0 0 5 .321
K. Morales, 1B 3 1 0 1 1 0 1 .234
C. Pride, LF 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 .222
D. McPherson, 3B 3 1 1 1 0 1 0 .261
J. Mathis, C 5 2 3 3 0 2 0 .145
T. Murphy, RF 4 0 1 0 1 1 1 .229

He had a 5-0 lead in the bottom of the 3rd.

This is the play by play.

Pitching: Rich Harden
Hiram Bocachica moves to center field. Dan Johnson moves to first base. Jeremy Brown moves to designated hitter. Jay Payton moves to right field. Nick Swisher moves to left field.
Robb Quinlan: Ball, Strike swinging, Ball, Foul, Robb Quinlan grounds out to second baseman
Kendry Morales: Ball, Foul, Ball, Ball, Ball, Kendry Morales walks
Curtis Pride: Foul, Strike swinging, Ball, Ball, Ball, Ball, Curtis Pride walks, Kendry Morales to second
Jeff Mathis: Ball, Ball, Jeff Mathis hits 3-run home run to left-center field, Kendry Morales scores, Curtis Pride scores
Tommy Murphy: Ball, Foul, Tommy Murphy grounds out to pitcher
Maicer Izturis: Ball, Foul, Foul, Ball, Ball, Ball, Maicer Izturis walks
Brad Halsey in for Rich Harden.

I swear he had Pride struck out on a check swing when the count was 0-2!!

OK, I guess I still can't sleep!!
[/QUOTE]childs!!!!! let it go man!!!
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

CC's Desperados

Skill vs. Luck

Post by CC's Desperados » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:42 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
quote:Originally posted by Hard heads:
Ok let me rephrase then as a talented owner as yourself then GG, what would you be more proud of in a local or highstakes, 3 straight Football titles or 2 Baseball and 1 second? Not as a financial gain proud, but a sense of accomplishment proud? I will answer for him. He would more proud of winning the overall baseball title than overall football because no one thought he could. [/QUOTE]currently mr childs is the most feared fantasy player in the world. one day, perhaps i'll be fortunate enough to be spoken in the same sentence as him :D
[/QUOTE]If you thought Shawn was tough in baseball before, watch out this year. He's joining me and Rick Thomas for an early scouting trip in the Arizona Fall League at Shandler's Symposium. Three days of scouting the top prospects, drinking with me and even checking out the ASU campus!! :D RT and Shawn will be tough to beat in 2008 and I'll have plenty of Corona's on both of them in two more weeks!! :D
[/QUOTE]Greg, would you be against seeing Sugarland Thursday night?

CC's Desperados

Skill vs. Luck

Post by CC's Desperados » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:43 pm

Sorry GG weak moment!!

Hard heads

Skill vs. Luck

Post by Hard heads » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:43 pm

And to see you still have the boxscore and play by play tells me you haven't gotten over it, LOL! I can't say I blame you as it's not as though $25,000 is something we all just find laying on the kitchen table every morning we wake up. What event was that in that you missed out on?

CC's Desperados

Skill vs. Luck

Post by CC's Desperados » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:45 pm

Originally posted by Hard heads:
And to see you still have the boxscore and play by play tells me you haven't gotten over it, LOL! I can't say I blame you as it's not as though $25,000 is something we all just find laying on the kitchen table every morning we wake up. What event was that in that you missed out on? The NFBC Ultimate league

wayne123

Skill vs. Luck

Post by wayne123 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:46 pm

On another note BlueFoot you do get him minus Smith and Edwards and Winslow, so best of luck! Opps, sorry about having the wrong name. You are right! Uh-oh...this is the guy I accused of trying to get a competitive advantage. This could be a major Karma situation! I will definately need the luck....thanks! Maybe he will accidently drop Roethlisberger, call Greg letting him know it was an accident, and then sit back and watch me PING as Roethlisberger is placed back onto his roster as if nothing happened. :D OK...prior to the sending your hate replies...please keep in mind that I do not take myself as seriously as others do! I really don't know what happened (during that first FA bidding cycle) and from what I can see Greg does his absolute best to resolve situations in a fair mannor. But...it is so gosh darn fun to ruffle all these feathers!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

Hard heads

Skill vs. Luck

Post by Hard heads » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:47 pm

Wow! Greg or anyone, will I avoid Childs, Gekko and even Gillis if I go to Chicago? Don't need to start it off in the hole. Also isn't the guy running Doughboys a star as well? Keep him away from Chicago as well, PLEASE!

Gordon Gekko

Skill vs. Luck

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:48 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
If you thought Shawn was tough in baseball before, watch out this year. He's joining me and Rick Thomas for an early scouting trip in the Arizona Fall League at Shandler's Symposium. Three days of scouting the top prospects, drinking with me and even checking out the ASU campus!! :D RT and Shawn will be tough to beat in 2008 and I'll have plenty of Corona's on both of them in two more weeks!! :D greg: plz get childs and thomas to sign up for your basketball leagues. i'd like to see more work on their plates. :D :D :D

Gordon Gekko

Skill vs. Luck

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:49 pm

Wow! Greg or anyone, will I avoid Childs, Gekko and even Gillis if I go to Chicago? Don't need to start it off in the hole. Also isn't the guy running Doughboys a star as well? Keep him away from Chicago as well, PLEASE! chicago should be free of childs, gillis, and doughboys. they all go to vegas :D

CC's Desperados

Skill vs. Luck

Post by CC's Desperados » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:51 pm

Wow! Greg or anyone, will I avoid Childs, Gekko and even Gillis if I go to Chicago? Don't need to start it off in the hole. Also isn't the guy running Doughboys a star as well? Keep him away from Chicago as well, PLEASE! Dan's a stud. Dan and I will be in Vegas. Now, Mark is a shark. He will look for the weak link and attack!! I'd say if you are a rookie, he will be in Chicago!!