Week 11 Thoughts & Observations

da bears

Post by da bears » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:37 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by da bears:
I think the Bears will still make the playoffs by winning at least 3 out their last six games, and maybe 4.

Oakland and Green Bay will be tough but they can definitely win the other four games against teams with crappy offenses. I think they can beat the Chiefs too but it's rarely easy to win at Arrowhead. The Broncos and Seahawks loom as difficult matches, however, in my opinion. Both are playing well defensively (Denver's playing very well) and winning at Denver won't be easy. I think they're in big trouble without Cutler.
[/QUOTE]Yeah we will see Tom. I may be just a bit biased in my thinking. It sure stinks to lose Cutler just as the Bears were starting to play well. :( By the way I picked up Kevin Smith cheaply in four out of my five NFFC leagues and didn't play him this week. :( :(

[ November 21, 2011, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: da bears ]
Bauler Shot Caller

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:40 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I think the Bears will still make the playoffs by winning at least 3 out their last six games, and maybe 4.

Oakland and Green Bay will be tough but they can definitely win the other four games against teams with crappy offenses. I think they can beat the Chiefs too but it's rarely easy to win at Arrowhead so I wouldn't view it as a given. The Broncos and Seahawks loom as difficult matches, however, in my opinion. Both are playing well defensively (Denver's playing very well) and winning at Denver won't be easy. I think they're in big trouble without Cutler.
[/QUOTE]Aren't they playing in Chicago?
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:41 am

Yeah anything could happen, Matt. I just think there's a pretty big drop-off from Cutler to Hanie. If defenses load up to stop Forte, which they should, can Hanie make enough plays in the passing game to keep things moving? I'm not sure he can. I think it'll be a tough road ahead. We'll see how it plays out.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:42 am

Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

Oakland and Green Bay will be tough but they can definitely win the other four games against teams with crappy offenses. I think they can beat the Chiefs too but it's rarely easy to win at Arrowhead so I wouldn't view it as a given. The Broncos and Seahawks loom as difficult matches, however, in my opinion. Both are playing well defensively (Denver's playing very well) and winning at Denver won't be easy. I think they're in big trouble without Cutler.
[/QUOTE]Aren't they playing in Chicago?
[/QUOTE]Whoops. My bad. Yeah that's at Chicago. OK, that's a victory. I think I could start at quarterback for the Bears and beat the Chiefs without Matt Cassel. :D

[ November 21, 2011, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:33 am

"Before the season, I was dubious of all the love Jordy Nelson was receiving. It's not that I didn't like him; I simply thought he'd get lost in all the weapons the Packers have and wouldn't be a consistent WR3 as he was being projected. Boy, was I wrong. Then again, so was everyone who had him projected as a WR3. He's a WR1 and could be Top 10 the rest of the season. Safe to say Aaron Rodgers loves throwing to him."

Tom - Didn't we make a bet back in August that Jordy would outscore Jennings this year? I think it was for like 1 million dollars and if you don't remember, it was because you were laughing hysterically on the phone..... :D
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:22 pm

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
No way Caleb Hanie leads them to the playoffs. In your week 13 observations, you will be saying something like "Hanie is better than I expected". Feel free to save this post for usage in 2 weeks. [/QUOTE]the guy was 13 / 20 1 td and 2 int in the nfc championship game. no bigger stage than that. he can win 3 games for sure. if they need that last game vs vikings which they prob will , cutler will be in there. bears will be a tough out if they get in.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:49 pm

Jeff Clampitt was all over Jordy Nelson this year and I thought he was crazy. I really thought that Finley would be the guy in Green Bay this year so I loaded up on Finley while not taking Jennings anywhere. I did end up with Jordy a couple of places but sure didn't expect this. Rodgers is also averaging about 9.5 fantasy points more per game this year than last year so that doesn't hurt either!

Wayne

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:33 pm

Originally posted by The Franchise:

Tom - Didn't we make a bet back in August that Jordy would outscore Jennings this year? I think it was for like 1 million dollars and if you don't remember, it was because you were laughing hysterically on the phone..... :D Pretty sure that was Greg you talked to, Nelson.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

MGB MARTY

Post by MGB MARTY » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:00 pm

As just a frustrated owner this year in general Got Smith for 3 played him Own J Worst Have Beanie played him Due to picking Manning at 6-11 been juggling QBs all year Choice was Freman against GB Dalton at Balt Bradford Home Sea Guess who I started of course Bradford Thought 1st 5 picks were good on that proverbial piece of paper
Nicks Wallace Worst Maclin Beanie
Tom is Grant worth it at Det? By the way Det wins and 49ers will get home field advantage Willis most under rated LB ever Not a niner fan but they have beaten the best so far 1 loss against my Boys of which they could have won.
Marty

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:19 pm

Originally posted by MGB MARTY:
Tom is Grant worth it at Det?So-so RB3. The Packers don't run the ball much so the chance for a big yardage total is minimal. They tend to throw for all of their TDs so the chance for a touchdown is minimal. If they do run for a TD, chances are it will be Kuhn or even Raji. :eek: I'm a big Ryan Grant fan but even if Starks is out I don't see a lot of upside for him this week.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich