I'll Chat Today At 2 ET

TURBOUGH

I'll Chat Today At 2 ET

Post by TURBOUGH » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:52 am

I really don't know a whole lot about RTSports. I believe I have used their site one season and can't really remember how I liked/disliked it.

My biggest reason is simply the fact that I like to have as many leagues as possible through one site. Now, I'll be logging into multiple sites plus MFL's live scoring was nice especially with multiple leagues. I'll be going through a minimum of three sites to bid, draft, set lineups, etc....

No real concerns other than that. I do EXPECT the draft to go smoothly or I will not be happy. JMO.

TURBOUGH

I'll Chat Today At 2 ET

Post by TURBOUGH » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:02 am

Well, its 1:00 p.m. Any life out there?

Greg Ambrosius

I'll Chat Today At 2 ET

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:03 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Am I the only one who feels that the whole dialogue between Tom and Greg about the other companies "back ends" resembled "good cop/bad cop" (with you both being the good cop! :D

For the record, I think Fanball's back end is and will be the best in the business starting with this fall in football. ;) Tom wouldn't let me make a post in the Fantasy section about this, so I surprised him with a question here!! :D He's not happy with me hijacking his Live Chat thread, but tough doodoo!! :D

Listen, this is VERY interesting. I don't see us competing directly against either contest because we're a week before them. But for one back-end company to negotiate separate deals with competitors fighting in the same space on the same weekend, WOW!! :D That shocked the pants off me last night (good thing nobody was around to see that)! ;)

It also shows, as I've often said here and on the NFBC thread, how tough it is nowadays to find third-party back-end providers. There has been a seismic shift in this area of the industry in the last year and it's certainly one reason why Fanball built its own back-end for the NFBC and the NFFC. We are best positioned going forward in this area as we tweak our setup the way we see fit and eliminate those costs that go with all of that. And we also won't get a surprise like this one when we wake up one morning. WOW.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

I'll Chat Today At 2 ET

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:05 am

I'm here and ready for any questions. So bring 'em on.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

I'll Chat Today At 2 ET

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:06 am

Originally posted by TURBOUGH:
Well, its 1:00 p.m. Any life out there? Darryl, how is the House of Blues in Dallas? I may have a surprise there. Let me know how you like that part of town and other insights of that establishment.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

BillyWaz

I'll Chat Today At 2 ET

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:08 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:

[QUOTE][qb]As for the Fanball Fantasy show on Sirius, can we get a little more talk about FANTASY? Was not real impressed by the 5-7 minute segment that was hyped up as the next "big thing". I think it has potential to be, but that was a bit disappointing to say the least.

Any changes in the works? That's really outside of Greg's control or mine. The show is new and evolving and Kyle was talking today during a conference call about the need to talk more fantasy going forward. So I think we'll see more of that. With any new show there's a process involved where you find out what works and what doesn't initially. Kyle and Ray are sharp guys so I think we'll see a good evolution with the show as it goes along. And hopefully, we'll be able to do more with the NFFC. That'd be nice.
[/QUOTE]I figured as much, and I hope you can get a lot more football talk on there! That being said, I know it is baseball season and people aren't exactly in "football mode".

Greg Ambrosius

I'll Chat Today At 2 ET

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:09 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I'm here and ready for any questions. So bring 'em on. 1. Earliest you'd take a QB
2. Best rookie after Ryan Matthews
3. Number of wins for the Packers this year
4. Super Bowl prediction
5. Who's on the Sirius show tonight from the NFFC?

TURBOUGH

I'll Chat Today At 2 ET

Post by TURBOUGH » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:10 am

House of Blues is HUGE!!!!! It's close to the "Up Town" area which has many positives.

Are you drawing much interest for Dallas? I'll be drafting in Vegas for sure. Do you need me to take any photos or check out any of these places? I'd be more than happy to help you.

Tom Kessenich

I'll Chat Today At 2 ET

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:11 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I'm here and ready for any questions. So bring 'em on. 1. Earliest you'd take a QB[/QUOTE]

Round 2 if I was picking at the end.

2. Best rookie after Ryan Matthews

Jahvid Best is looking like he could be in for a big role with the Lions.

3. Number of wins for the Packers this year

Floor of 9. Ceiling of 11. So let's split the difference and say 10.

4. Super Bowl prediction

Jets over Vikings

5. Who's on the Sirius show tonight from the NFFC? The best female fantasy sports player in the world - Jules McLean.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

RiFF

I'll Chat Today At 2 ET

Post by RiFF » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:11 am

I view the back end service in FF kinda like the umpires in baseball or referees in football. If they're doing their jobs correctly there is very little to talk about. If they screw up it can adversely effect the game on so many different levels.
From what I understand, the back end provider those contests have chosen is very reputable and has been in business providing these services for a number of years. So, from that perspective it seems like a solid choice for both contests. If the provider screws up I'm sure those contests will feel the same rath from their contestants as you guys apparently got in baseball.
IF you can get it right it clearly would seem advantageous, in the long term, to develop your own servicer. Of course if you get it wrong.....