NBC Sports & NFFC To Provide $1 MILLION BONUS!!

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:39 am

ANOTHER QUESTION GREG THERE IS THERE A MINIMUM NUMBER OF SIGNUPS FOR THE BONUS TO BE A FULL GO?

LIKE WITH THE WCOFF BONUS A MINIMUM OF 900 PEOPLE HAVE TO PARTCIPATE IN THEIR MAIN EVENT.

DO WE HAVE COVER ANY TARGET NUMBERS IN THE NFFC CLASSIC AND NBC PRIMETIME EVENTS RESPECTIVELY?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:41 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
Greg, I think there's an easy answer for baseball. The WCOFF is offering their BONUS if you win their LIVE and ONLINE championship.

If you hold your online championship for the NFBC next year, you can double that up with the live event for the 1 million dollar BONUS. Congrats, that is one option I've considered. The only problem is that the finances need to work out to pay for this insurance policy and doing an online contest at $1,000 or more is dicey. But I could definitely do a smaller entry fee there if the numbers work out. Right now, those numbers don't look so good.

But you are exactly right. This has potential. It's just one option I'm considering now.

Not a bad guess for a non-baseball guy!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:42 am

I know it's a bit off-track, but still a BONUS based question...

I thought I read somewhere about having awards/bonuses given to multi-league winners. Is that true?

Finally, did anyone come up with a feasable way to create an Auction bonus? Or is it not in the cards for this year?

Thanks.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:43 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
ANOTHER QUESTION GREG THERE IS THERE A MINIMUM NUMBER OF SIGNUPS FOR THE BONUS TO BE A FULL GO?

LIKE WITH THE WCOFF BONUS A MINIMUM OF 900 PEOPLE HAVE TO PARTCIPATE IN THEIR MAIN EVENT.

DO WE HAVE COVER ANY TARGET NUMBERS IN THE NFFC CLASSIC AND NBC PRIMETIME EVENTS RESPECTIVELY? Another good question. Let me answer this when the contract is signed by all parties, but right now the answer is no minimum for either contest.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:44 am

Greg, congrats on coming up with an added incentive to do both the Classic and the Primetime. For the ~60 of us already signed up for both events, this is gravy on top of the gravy! :D I expect many more signups to follow in the next few weeks.

As for the additional prizes announced, it is now conceivable that an owner who only signs up for the two main events could win up to seven free entries for the 2009 season:

(1) Most points in both events
(2) See (1)
(3) Won leagues in both events
(4) Most points in regular season - Classic
(5) Most points in regular season - Primetime
(6) 5th through 8th place in Championship Round - Classic
(7) 5th through 8th place in Championship Round - Primetime

Are you going to allow a cash equivalent to be awarded in place of the free entries? If so, owners could take home up to $9,100 in addition to their league prizes.

Sweet!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:44 am

I thought I read somewhere about having awards/bonuses given to multi-league winners. Is that true?

Finally, did anyone come up with a feasable way to create an Auction bonus? Or is it not in the cards for this year?

Thanks. Another good question. Someone else just asked this of me via e-mail. I should post this in the Prizes link and I will.

Last year I offered this bonus:

$650 free entry if you win two live events and are in the main event

$1300 free entry if you win three live events

$5,000 free entry if you win four live events

I'm going to pass on the auction bonus plan unless the participants can put it together. I think we have enough going on our plates right now.

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:45 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Diesel:
Greg, I think there's an easy answer for baseball. The WCOFF is offering their BONUS if you win their LIVE and ONLINE championship.

If you hold your online championship for the NFBC next year, you can double that up with the live event for the 1 million dollar BONUS. Congrats, that is one option I've considered. The only problem is that the finances need to work out to pay for this insurance policy and doing an online contest at $1,000 or more is dicey. But I could definitely do a smaller entry fee there if the numbers work out. Right now, those numbers don't look so good.

But you are exactly right. This has potential. It's just one option I'm considering now.

[/QUOTE]Not a baseball guy YET! Once I bring in some major winnings from football, I'll have a leg to stand on when I explain to the wife that I'll be doing fantasy sports ALL year long as opposed to 6 months of football. ;) Plus, I'd still be a part of the NFBC if my former financial partners (FROZEN ROPES) didn't drop me like a hot potato! I guess they didn't want to split 100K.

[ July 09, 2008, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Diesel ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:47 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Greg, congrats on coming up with an added incentive to do both the Classic and the Primetime. For the ~60 of us already signed up for both events, this is gravy on top of the gravy! :D I expect many more signups to follow in the next few weeks.

As for the additional prizes announced, it is now conceivable that an owner who only signs up for the two main events could win up to seven free entries for the 2009 season:

(1) Most points in both events
(2) See (1)
(3) Won leagues in both events
(4) Most points in regular season - Classic
(5) Most points in regular season - Primetime
(6) 5th through 8th place in Championship Round - Classic
(7) 5th through 8th place in Championship Round - Primetime

Are you going to allow a cash equivalent to be awarded in place of the free entries? If so, owners could take home up to $9,100 in addition to their league prizes.

Sweet! Sweet question. Yes, no problem on the $9,100 if that's the way they go. That's why we've said in overall prizes 5-8 it's a free entry or $1,300. We think the free entry makes sense because cash isn't exchanged and it helps the participant if they are coming back the next year anyways, but with multiple free entries of course they can take the cash payout. It's already expensed in our books, so it doesn't matter either way for us.

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:48 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Thanks. Another good question. Someone else just asked this of me via e-mail. I should post this in the Prizes link and I will.

Last year I offered this bonus:

$650 free entry if you win two live events and are in the main event

$1300 free entry if you win three live events

$5,000 free entry if you win four live events

I'm going to pass on the auction bonus plan unless the participants can put it together. I think we have enough going on our plates right now.
[/QUOTE]Thanks Greg. This is GREAT stuff, for an average Wednesday in the off-season.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:49 am

quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

[/QUOTE]Not a baseball guy YET! Once I bring in some major winnings from football, I'll have a leg to stand on when I explain to the wife that I'll be doing fantasy sports ALL year long as opposed to 6 months of football. ;) Plus, I'd still be a part of the NFBC if my former financial partners (FROZEN ROPES) didn't drop me like a hot potato! I guess they didn't want to split 100K.
[/QUOTE]When you said the part about explaining to the wife and didn't have a leg to stand on I got the picture of you being like a wooden-legged sailor. :D Aye-matey, I feel your pain. :D

Those Frozen Ropes guys are good. They have a chance to win another league title and $100,000. No wonder they dumped you!!!

See ya in baseball next year. I have a feeling this is the year for you in football.