MAJOR BLUNDER: LEAGUES BEING ADJUSTED

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:45 pm

I'm almost too embarrassed to announce this, but when errors occur all you can do is right the wrong and that's what Tom and I are doing right now. We learned tonight that the Excel spreadsheet STATS gave us with all of the KDS preferences for the 364 main event leagues was sent incorrectly. It was brought to our attention by a veteran NFFC drafter and once we started going into the individual KDS preferences on your home pages and matched them up with the Excel spreadsheet provided by STATS, we soon found that EVERY entry was wrong.

There's no reason to point fingers now as we could have easily double checked this list with each team page originally and didn't. We'll take the blame for that. STATS can take the blame for the way this information was sent to us. We will do this right now and never rely on the spreadsheet again. It doesn't matter now. The key is to re-run the leagues and make sure every single KDS is correct. Tom and I are doing that individually, team-by-team right now and re-running the draft orders for the main event. This process will take hours and hours, so sleep well now and when you wake up you'll see the OFFICIAL DRAFT ORDER in every city.

Obviously, the selection of the order and league teams was done correctly by Tom. Now we just need to reapply KDS and announce the new draft spots. As I just did this with Tampa, I'm so happy that so many people got their preferred spots. Of 42 teams, 25 teams got a Top 5 preference and only three tops got a spot 10th (1) or 11th (2). Nobody got a preference in Tampa lower than 11th and 35 of 42 owners got a preference in the top half (1-7).

All satellite leagues, Draft Champions Leagues and Ultimate Leagues done previously were done by hand by Tom, so there were no errors there. But we did rely on this spreadsheet for the main event and it was wrong. We'll correct the wrong, do everything in our power to announce the new draft spots twice a day via e-mail through Friday and hope you like your new draft spots. It's what you asked for and now we're giving it to you. Enjoy.

We GREATLY apologize for this snafu and are EMBARRASSED by it. KDS/3RR is supposed to be a benefit to all of our owners and when tonight is said and done, it will be. But right now, it's a pain in the butt for me and Tom!!! But we'll get the draft orders right and learn from this.

Good luck everyone from your new draft spots. We'll update the league forums tonight with the new draft orders. I have Tampa done, Tom is doing Chicago and New York now, and I'll have Las Vegas done next.

If you liked your previous pick, we apologize. But these draft orders are the right ones using KDS and getting it right is what we have to do now. Sorry for the wasted two days of preparation as we were so proud to get these to you on Sunday morning. More than half of the draft spots stayed the same, but obviously many bottom picks changed. Good luck all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:51 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
WOW - but you're doing the right thing here Greg - good luck!...SNAKE Tampa is now posted online and in the League Forums. That is the correct version. The three other cities will be done before we leave the office tonight.

What else can you do, right? We have to get it right for the participants and enjoy the Corona's later.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:53 pm

That is an apology borrowed straight from the Michael Vick playbook on apologies... :D .

Just kidding Greg - mistakes happen, no problem.

Wayne

da bears

Post by da bears » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:55 pm

Yeah no problem Greg. Looks like I'll be staying up a little later tonight :D
Bauler Shot Caller

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:05 pm

Just so I understand here...

the people who were originally picked in our respective leagues will stay the same, but the order may change?

Just clarifying.

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:08 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:

the people who were originally picked in our respective leagues will stay the same, but the order may change?

Just clarifying. Yes, you are right. The way the names came out won't change just how the KDS was applied will be different.

chris schinker

Post by chris schinker » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:10 pm

Greg, Since you are doing it over anyway can I change my KDS???? ;) :rolleyes:

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:11 pm

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:

Just clarifying. Yes, you are right. The way the names came out won't change just how the KDS was applied will be different.
[/QUOTE]Thanks Shawn. :D