DC LEAGUES

Greg Ambrosius

Re: DC LEAGUES

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:08 pm

BigBlueNation wrote:Since there seems to be a total lack of interest (no response to my post) to have early fantasy football DC's from the NFFC, aw shucks, I have found another site that offers such at multiple price structures.
Sorry for the blackout since the Super Bowl, but our baseball business just consumes us for two months. We finished with over 8,600 teams in baseball and held live drafts in Las Vegas, New York and Chicago. Yes that's not ideal for owners who want fantasy football year-round, but hopefully in the future we will have the site up and running sooner.

I'll explain where we are in a separate thread, but DCs and a new site will be live soon. Not yet, but soon.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:13 pm

Coltsfan wrote:Greg has posted here since February 10th so I"m guessing that they will definitely be after the NFL draft. (It's only 4 weeks away!!!! :D ) I like the draft better than the season lol.

Stop in and say hi to us Greg - we miss you!!!! :D

Wayne
Hello Wayne. I'm sorry I haven't posted or checked in here since early February, but I promise it wasn't from a lack of effort. I'm not sure I've had a day off since the Super Bowl and I just spent 12 days in Las Vegas hosting live drafts. We are still finalizing a lot of items for the NFFC right now, including working on Indiana and Virginia for licenses. Nothing is easy anymore. I promise to update everyone on football shortly and will apologize for our absence, but hopefully you understand just how much effort goes into running three different sports here. Nobody else in the industry does it.

No excuses. Just saying hi and hoping we can hook up again this season.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:15 pm

TheReckoner wrote:Lol calm down everyone... the first DC was April 20th last year. I'm sure they'll be rolling soon.
Thanks for the backing Shawn. That is correct. We had five DCs in the month of April last year, so I think we can catch up in a hurry. We are behind, but I think we'll catch up quickly!! Stay on the ready everyone.

Monkeyville

Post by Monkeyville » Tue May 02, 2017 10:49 am

What's our timeline on DC's starting? Work is getting old really quick with no DC's :D
FEAR THE MONKEY!!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 02, 2017 12:56 pm

Monkeyville wrote:What's our timeline on DC's starting? Work is getting old really quick with no DC's :D
I know, I know. We are ready to get these started too. I'm sick that we're not drafting yet.

I hate to put out timelines, but I think we'll open Registration on Thursday of this week. Every fantasy game operator licensed by the states has to have GEO locator and age verifiers in place. That has been our holdup now, to make sure we are in compliance on Day 1. That should be in place before the end of the week and we can start taking signups.

Unfortunately, we still have one other step within compliance before we can actually hold drafts and that will take a little extra time. We are hopeful that if all goes well we will be drafting the week of May 15th. So if you sign up for a $150 Draft Champions League, realize that it will be at least a week until we roll those out. But let's get 3-4 full leagues ready for that first day and make up for lost time. I know the demand is out there.

We really apologize for the delay, but it's a new ballgame in our industry with all of the different state laws and compliance requirements. This is a one-time delay as we install all of this to cover all of our sports. This should meet all of our requirements and allow us to satisfy the states. We could have taken signups before all of this was installed, but it would have been a risk to do that. All other game operators will have to do the same thing if they haven't already.

I will create a new thread with updates soon. Thanks all for your patience.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Tue May 02, 2017 1:25 pm

Indiana is shut out of all the other contests. Is there any update on Indiana and the NFFC. I've been known to do a DC or 2 each year....

Wayne

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 02, 2017 2:54 pm

Coltsfan wrote:Indiana is shut out of all the other contests. Is there any update on Indiana and the NFFC. I've been known to do a DC or 2 each year....

Wayne
Indiana residents will be allowed to compete in the NFFC. We have applied for a license in that state and hope to be licensed for 2017. We have through July 1st to continue doing business under a temporary license and hope to be fully licensed by then. Enjoy the drafts, Wayne.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Tue May 02, 2017 2:58 pm

That's awesome Greg!!! Now I don't have to move......

Wayne