NBC Sports & NFFC To Provide $1 MILLION BONUS!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:52 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Diesel:
I know it's a bit off-track, but still a BONUS based question...

I thought I read somewhere about having awards/bonuses given to multi-league winners. Is that true?

Finally, did anyone come up with a feasable way to create an Auction bonus? Or is it not in the cards for this year?

Thanks. Another good question. Someone else just asked this of me via e-mail. I should post this in the Prizes link and I will.

Last year I offered this bonus:

$650 free entry if you win two live events and are in the main event

$1300 free entry if you win three live events

$5,000 free entry if you win four live events

I'm going to pass on the auction bonus plan unless the participants can put it together. I think we have enough going on our plates right now.
[/QUOTE]Thanks Greg. This is GREAT stuff, for an average Wednesday in the off-season.
[/QUOTE]This concluded on a Wednesday, but it's been months in the making. I can hardly wait until next year when we have the web site, partnership, bonus plans and everything in place by Jan. 1st and we'll have 8 months of promotions to kick this off. We're doing a lot of this by the seat of our pants and waiting for busy lawyers to approve everything, but things happen sometimes. It's a good partnership and we couldn't do things like this alone.

Just as an FYI: NBC Sports sent out an e-mail about our Primetime event today to hundreds of thousands of their customers, so the $1 million bonus announcement couldn't have come at a better time. Now be nice to all newcomers who come to the Message Board this week to check us out. ;)
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:55 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!

WHOO HOO :D What are you so excited about Perry? The annuity is 40 years. You only got about 10 years left!

Sollan

Post by Sollan » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:58 am

Greg,

I know last year was the first year you offered the multiple league bonus.
Did any owners win multiple live events last year?
If so, who was it?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:14 am

Originally posted by Sollan:
Greg,

I know last year was the first year you offered the multiple league bonus.
Did any owners win multiple live events last year?
If so, who was it? Lumpy's Losers won a $650 free entry this year as they won the Las Vegas $1,300 Draft Champions League and the $650 Draft Champions League. Lumpy was the one who talked me into this bonus and now he's the one who is cashing a bonus I didn't budget for!!! :D Thanks buddy as I'm still trying to explain this one to accounting!!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:16 am

Originally posted by bald is beautiful:
quote:Originally posted by Captain Hook:
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!

WHOO HOO :D What are you so excited about Perry? The annuity is 40 years. You only got about 10 years left!
[/QUOTE]Are you kidding Jack? With all that sunshine Perry has in Surprise and that fountain of youth he's found (new marriage, wine with every meal), he's got a good 20 years left!! :D At the very least he'll have his entry fees covered for every fantasy league he's in for the rest of his life.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:22 am

Hell, the way I'm going, just the excitement of winning both and thus the bonus would kill me over!
:D :eek: :cool: ---> in casket

[ July 09, 2008, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: UFFCS ]
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:41 am

Greg, to clarify, are you saying only winners who draft alone can take home the bonus?

Or can I have someone there helping me as a "Co-manager"?

I'd like for my wife to be there, but am I out if I list her as a partner/co-manager?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:48 am

Originally posted by UFFCS:
Greg, to clarify, are you saying only winners who draft alone can take home the bonus?

Or can I have someone there helping me as a "Co-manager"?

I'd like for my wife to be there, but am I out if I list her as a partner/co-manager? No, you can have co-managers with you for both events, but you have to be the principle owner of both teams to qualify for the $1 million bonus. In other words, if you drafted an NFFC Classic team and then split an NFFC Primetime team with Diesel as co-manager, you wouldn't be eligible for the $1 million prize. He would if he also had an NFFC Classic team. So just make sure that if you split a team with someone that you have the right person listed as the principle owner.

These teams will definitely have to sign a form on Draft Day acknowledging this fact. But again, I think most teams will take one or both for both events.

[ July 09, 2008, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:54 am

Call me puchy with this new news. :D

Russ with Marc as co-managers in both is okay.

Russ (alone) or with Marc as co-manager in one and Marc with Russ as co-manager in another is no good. Correct?

Annuity is only payable to the Manager of 2 winning teams. Co-managers do not qualify. Correct?

Jeez, I need to put down the pipe.
:rolleyes: :D

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:03 am

This is awesome news Greg, great job getting this accomplished!!!

Now I can jump into the NFBC Main this spring knowing I have two free $1,300 entries in football in 2009!! :D ;)