First NFFC Test Auction League: Tuesday, 8 pm ET

Tom Kessenich

Re: First NFFC Test Auction League: Tuesday, 8 pm ET

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue May 29, 2018 11:54 am

The fix with Billy has been made so this league is all set to go.

We will spotlight this auction and the prices on our Sirius show Wednesday night. Have fun everyone and take it easy on Darik. :)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

moyer1313

Post by moyer1313 » Tue May 29, 2018 7:34 pm

When a new bid is made, the clock has to reset to something less than 15 seconds.

We just finished the 7th Round and it took an hour and 30 minutes to complete.

That is way too long.

Mark
Follow Me
'07 10-3 127.3 ppg $0 Won
'08 11-2 123.3 ppg $0 Won
'09 2-12 129.5 ppg $0 Won

The only team in NFFC Main Event history to win 11 games and not cash. :(

1683.8 pts. in 2009 is the record for a team with just 2 wins. Old record - 1479.95

moyer1313

Post by moyer1313 » Tue May 29, 2018 7:59 pm

On more than one occasion, my clock to nominate still had time on it, but a player was nominated for me like it had run down to 0.

And my Chat did not scroll automatically, I had to scroll it myself.

Mark
Follow Me
'07 10-3 127.3 ppg $0 Won
'08 11-2 123.3 ppg $0 Won
'09 2-12 129.5 ppg $0 Won

The only team in NFFC Main Event history to win 11 games and not cash. :(

1683.8 pts. in 2009 is the record for a team with just 2 wins. Old record - 1479.95

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Wed May 30, 2018 7:50 am

Mark, can I ask what browser you were using last night? We'll want to see if we can duplicate what happened. I was using both Chrome and than my iPad (Safari) and didn't have that happen.

Also, on the chat, it does scroll automatically if you pull it to the bottom to start with....then it will roll (assuming your browser isn't a problem).

Thanks.

D
moyer1313 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 7:59 pm
On more than one occasion, my clock to nominate still had time on it, but a player was nominated for me like it had run down to 0.

And my Chat did not scroll automatically, I had to scroll it myself.

Mark
Follow Me

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Wed May 30, 2018 7:54 am

Yep, Mark, we figured this out last night for sure. We are addressing to get that clock down to 10 seconds. This will get done today.

Thanks.

D
moyer1313 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 7:34 pm
When a new bid is made, the clock has to reset to something less than 15 seconds.

That is way too long.

Mark
Follow Me

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed May 30, 2018 7:57 am

moyer1313 wrote:
We're going to discuss this with IT this morning. We'll let you guys know if there's a change.

We should have provided more detail about using the Max Bid tool. That's a HUGE tool that everyone in the auctions should be utilizing. It's a massive time saver. What it does is allows you to enter the highest dollar amount you want to pay for a player. So if Todd Gurley is called up and you want to pay $50 you enter that. If his opening bid is $20 and someone goes $21, it keeps giving you the high bid until or if it reaches your max amount. You can re-edit the amount or delete as you go. You have the control to decide how much you want to spend rather than entering a dollar amount every single time. It's done with one click and you're good to go.

This is an enormous time saver and a game changing tool for online auctions in my opinion. We should've provided more detail about that to everyone who was in the auction last night but we guarantee that if you get into an auction league you will love this tool.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 30, 2018 8:09 am

moyer1313 wrote:

That is way too long.

Mark
Follow Me
Yes, we are talking about this today. We have each bid rolled back to 15 seconds. We will discuss reducing that to 10 seconds. The entire auction took 3 hours and 15 minutes with a short break, but reducing the time and getting owners to use the Max Bid feature should get these down to 2:30 or less.

We did not do a good job of educating everyone on the Max Bid feature. That is on us. The Max Bid will speed up auctions in a big way. You can actually put players in your Queue and set a Max Bid for each of those players before the auction or even during the auction. So let's say I want Le'Veon Bell at a Max Bid of $50. He comes out at $22. No matter what bid is made after that I will get him for $1 more until it gets to $50. If the bidding stops at $47, I get him at $47. If two of us have him at Max Bids of $50 the bidding will jump right to $50 to the first person who set their Max Bid at $50. So it will go from the opening bid of $22 to $50 in a second. That eliminates a lot of the $1 bidding and gets us to the point we were going to get at anyway.

Throughout the auction I can set new Max Bids for any player I'm targeting in my Queue. Even when a player is nominated, I can go to the Player window and set a Max Bid for that player and the computer will automatically bid for me up to that high bid number. This feature is unlike any I've seen in online auctions and moves the auctions along for those early players. With 12 guys who know how to use this feature, it can really speed up the auction.

And another nice feature for Draft Champions auctions is the feature that the auction flips to a draft 2 minutes after the auction concludes. It has a 2 hour per pick window and it pauses at night. But that draft is available 2 minutes after the auction ends. If everyone wanted to stick around and finish the draft, they could easily do that.

We will play with the nomination and bid times -- which is easy -- and fine tune this before we roll it out for pay online auction leagues, but I think the software held up well last night and we know we can improve the experience even more with a few tweaks. Let's do this. Thanks to everyone who participated and gave us this great feedback.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

pjoner

Post by pjoner » Wed May 30, 2018 8:18 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 8:09 am
moyer1313 wrote:

That is way too long.

Mark
Follow Me
Yes, we are talking about this today. We have each bid rolled back to 15 seconds. We will discuss reducing that to 10 seconds. The entire auction took 3 hours and 15 minutes with a short break, but reducing the time and getting owners to use the Max Bid feature should get these down to 2:30 or less.

We did not do a good job of educating everyone on the Max Bid feature. That is on us. The Max Bid will speed up auctions in a big way. You can actually put players in your Queue and set a Max Bid for each of those players before the auction or even during the auction. So let's say I want Le'Veon Bell at a Max Bid of $50. He comes out at $22. No matter what bid is made after that I will get him for $1 more until it gets to $50. If the bidding stops at $47, I get him at $47. If two of us have him at Max Bids of $50 the bidding will jump right to $50 to the first person who set their Max Bid at $50. So it will go from the opening bid of $22 to $50 in a second. That eliminates a lot of the $1 bidding and gets us to the point we were going to get at anyway.

Throughout the auction I can set new Max Bids for any player I'm targeting in my Queue. Even when a player is nominated, I can go to the Player window and set a Max Bid for that player and the computer will automatically bid for me up to that high bid number. This feature is unlike any I've seen in online auctions and moves the auctions along for those early players. With 12 guys who know how to use this feature, it can really speed up the auction.

And another nice feature for Draft Champions auctions is the feature that the auction flips to a draft 2 minutes after the auction concludes. It has a 2 hour per pick window and it pauses at night. But that draft is available 2 minutes after the auction ends. If everyone wanted to stick around and finish the draft, they could easily do that.

We will play with the nomination and bid times -- which is easy -- and fine tune this before we roll it out for pay online auction leagues, but I think the software held up well last night and we know we can improve the experience even more with a few tweaks. Let's do this. Thanks to everyone who participated and gave us this great feedback.
any reason behind finishing in a draft format rather then just having it all as an auction? I assume it would be too long?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed May 30, 2018 8:49 am

pjoner wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 8:18 am
any reason behind finishing in a draft format rather then just having it all as an auction? I assume it would be too long?
That's for the Draft Champion leagues since those are 35 players. You have 20 players for the auction and the rest completed via "slow draft." This is the only way to set up a league that has both an auction and draft component. FAAB leagues will be completed after everyone gets their 20 players.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed May 30, 2018 8:52 am

I was part of the auction last night, and I think the product is VERY nice. There are only 2 things I would like to see....

1) Be able to speed up the clock so when it is only $1 or $2 left, it would go much faster (I know this has been mentioned).

2) I know RT Sports did this......would it be possible once a player is nominated, you could flip to the draft board, and watch the bidding there? The players name along with the current price bounces around the draft board.

Overall though......I give it a solid A.

Nice job Greg, Tom, and Darik! :)