NFFC Draft Spots Will Be Announced NOW!!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:20 am

Are you ready yet?? :D

See you at the top of the hour. We have to wait until we get more folks on the boards for this. But I think you'll like the draft spots you're waiting for.

[ August 30, 2009, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:23 am

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:24 am

I will state that running the KDS preferences this year was a lot of fun and honestly it was different city by city. I noticed a lot of owners in Chicago and Las Vegas tended to move down for their draft spots and so many people liked 10-14 or 9-12 that a lot of folks got their top preferences in those two cities. New York has more people sticking to the top of the draft order from what I saw and in fact one prominent owner was randomly picked last and still got his second choice, 13, in New York. I didn't see as many owners moving all the way to the bottom in New York like the other cities. Not sure what to make of that.

I had one Primetime league in Chicago where 7 of the first 8 owners got their first preference and only the last person randomly picked got less than his third preference. This is definitely the wildest year for the early rounds and thus it's a perfect year for KDS/3RR. Everyone seems to want a different spot in the draft, which is cool for everyone.

Okay, hopefully you'll be one of the owners with the draft spot you wanted.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:25 am

Is she still in hiding or is she back working at ESPN?

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:35 am

Greg,

I think I can explain the New York thing for you, New Yorkers ALWAYS try to push ahead of everyone else to be first... :D :D :D

just kiddin' NYers' ;)
Pat Sorge

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:40 am

Originally posted by Bullgod:
Greg,

I think I can explain the New York thing for you, New Yorkers ALWAYS try to push ahead of everyone else to be first... :D :D :D

just kiddin' NYers' ;) I hear ya. They got that New York minute thing going. :D

That being said, our NFFC Classic champion, Tom Yates, will be drafting in New York again and it only makes sense to start with New York this year to honor his great accomplishment. We'll start with New York Classic and then go around the horn to complete the 21 Classic main events.

We'll honor Appleton's own Dave Gerczak in the Primetime by kicking off with Chicago for our 12-team contest and then go around the horn for those 22 leagues. So that's the schedule and dammit I'm sticking to it!! :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:42 am

By the way, we have nice new NFFC trophies this year that will be presented to Tom and Dave before this year's drafts in New York and Chicago, respectively. Fanball is also creating a travelling trophy for each event and all past overall champions' names will be engraved on that one. Each year the defending champion will be given that one to hold until it's time to pass it on. Ryan is working on that one and it won't be ready by Draft Day, but we'll have photos of it soon enough.

If it were up to me, it would be like the Stanley Cup so we could all pass it around and drink from it!! :D

cdavault

Post by cdavault » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:46 am

haha i can dig that..

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:48 am

Okay, here's how this is going to work tonight:

** I'll put a post on the General NFFC Discussion thread telling which event and which city I'll list the leagues and draft spots for next. Then I'll go into the League Forums (7th Forum on our list) and list each league one by one. That way everyone can see the leagues individually and it will be the place where those owners can smack talk and get to know each other.

** Once each league from that city is posted, I'll return to the General NFFC Discussion Forum and post all the leagues from that city in one spot.

** Then I'll introduce the next city and return to the League Forums again to post that city's league by league individually. Then I'll return back to the General NFFC Discussion Forum and list that city's complete listing and do this until all four spots per contest is done. Easy enough, but sometimes folks don't know where I'm doing this. Sound good?

cdavault

Post by cdavault » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:50 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
is she the new trophy?