Be A CHAMPION in 2010 - BUCK THE TREND!

Getpaddled

Post by Getpaddled » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:29 pm

Darn GK, I had you targeting a late first round pick and going the fitz, S. Jackson route... Now you got me guessing again....

;)
Greg Dietzler AKA Letter Pusher
Fantasy Football Genius & FPA supporter
Twitter: @Getpaddled

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:36 pm

RBs are overrated! I'll stick w/ WR/WR/QB.

Chi_Town_FEW

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:41 pm

Just got home from some camping at Devils Lake for a few days and got the Fantasy Sports football guide in the mail....sweet.... and was thinking the same thing GK. Butttt, looking at the NFFC mock, yes it will change a lot, but from the 14 spot I liked DeAngelo, Mendenhall, and Pierre Thomas for the first three picks. My choice, you can mix and match your own. But then on fourth pick I have to go QB, and after that even if I pick WRs till I drop I dont think I can put together a winner. 20+ WR possibly off the board by the 4th and 5th round picks makes it tough.Yea, pick a WR in the 3rd, but Benson, Stewart, and Thomas are much better values to me than the WRs left. Second week of July and thinking fantasy football like it was a week before the draft. This is great.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:24 am

Originally posted by Chi_Town_FEW:
Just got home from some camping at Devils Lake for a few days and got the Fantasy Sports football guide in the mail....sweet.... Oh man, you just hit a soft spot with me. I used to be the sports editor for the morning Baraboo newspaper, so my work hours started around 3 pm. I used to get up late each morning, grab the USA Today and sit out at Devil's Lake and read the paper, while looking at one of God's greatest creations. Man, Devil's Lake is GORGEOUS. It's where the glacier dropped off the rocks it picked up along the way during its melting stage. Unbelievable place.

Now I'm envious. I've gotta get back there!! :D

Good luck in the NFFC. You picked a good place to relax before the football season.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:02 am

Originally posted by GK:
...Greg, getting back to the thread's topic here for a moment if you will, what are YOUR feelings on bucking the trend this coming season?...thanks much...GK Well, I agree that zigging when others are zagging may be the way to go. I honestly don't think the top WRs look as sure as they did the last two years and yet more of them are going in the first and second rounds than ever before. But that's because the RB1's are so iffy once you get past the top 6 or 7.

I'd probably go RB-WR or WR-RB this year as I look at the top talent, but no matter how you predict it I'll tell you that EVERY draft is going to look differently this year because this baby is WIDE OPEN to win. This just seems like a crazier beginning than in any year since we started doing this in 2004.

Good luck all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Old School

Post by Old School » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:02 am

Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by Chi_Town_FEW:
Just got home from some camping at Devils Lake for a few days and got the Fantasy Sports football guide in the mail....sweet.... and was thinking the same thing GK. Butttt, looking at the NFFC mock, yes it will change a lot, but from the 14 spot I liked DeAngelo, Mendenhall, and Pierre Thomas for the first three picks. My choice, you can mix and match your own. But then on fourth pick I have to go QB, and after that even if I pick WRs till I drop I dont think I can put together a winner. 20+ WR possibly off the board by the 4th and 5th round picks makes it tough.Yea, pick a WR in the 3rd, but Benson, Stewart, and Thomas are much better values to me than the WRs left. Second week of July and thinking fantasy football like it was a week before the draft. This is great. ...simply for clarification purposes, I don't adhere to selecting THREE RB's in the first three rounds but rather TWO RB's and then a WR1 (who many think won't be a WR1) in Round 3 and a top QB in Round 4 (or you could reverse the WR/QB by rounds depending on who's there for you)...I equally feel that it's important as Sandman does, to grab a top QB as soon as possible (within the first 3 1/2 rounds it looks like now) this year as well...so it ALL depends on the flow of your draft and following the BPA strategy but going RB/RB/WR/QB/WR or RB/RB/QB/WR/WR will indeed be a winning strategy this year - and that my fellow FF'ballers is a SNAKEguarantee ...GK [/QUOTE]Thanks for the tips! So what your telling us is your strategy will be WR-WR-RB-RB-RB-QB