Full 16 week national draft league competition

Team Canada

Post by Team Canada » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:15 am

Removing h2h would make it a lot more fun for me and other owners who HATE h2h.
How is it not exciting your technically h2h against every team in the league each week instead of just one.

I do however like the 3 week playoff as we know there are weaker leagues and there is nothing you can do about it so the 3 weeks gives you a chance against the guy's in weaker drafts.

Either way the NFFC is the best available option I've seen but I will always vote less h2h.

I really don't understand why anyone who bets $1300 on ff wants to chance it to h2h, because when I throw down that visa number each year I think I'm the best and am gonna win. The only "luck" should be injuries and I've been very "unlucky" in the main so far but will keep coming back for more!

Total points rules if your confident in your skills!
2008 double playoffs!!

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:45 am

I AGREE CANADA BUT ONLY TO A POINT. NO HEAD TO HEAD MAKES IT BORING TO ME. IN MY OPINION THERE IS NO IMMEDIATE GRADIFICATION FOR WEEKS WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE HEAD TO HEAD.

WHEN I AM IN A TOTAL POINTS LEAGUE I REALLY DON'T PAY ATTENTION UNTIL WEEK 14 BECAUSE IT IS IRREAVALENT WHAT HAPPENS THE PRIOR WEEKS. WHEN REGGIE BUSH OR WHOEVER SCORES A TD FOR YOU ON MONDAY NIGHT AND YOU GET A "WIN" BECAUSE OF THAT, THAT IS EXCITING TO ME.

WHEN THE SAME THING HAPPENS AND NOW I HAVE SIX MORE POINTS ADDED TO MY TOTAL POINTS, IT'S LIKE WHOOPY DI DO BIG DEAL.

I KNOW THIS CAN BE DEBATED BACK AND FOURTH JUST MY OPINION. ULTIMATELY YOU ARE CORRECT THE TOTAL POINTS DOES DETERMINE THE "BETTER" OWNER BUT AT THE SAME TIME IT MAKE FOR BORDOM FOR THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE SEASON.

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:10 am

There's also "Luck" in total points when a fairly mediocre team has a MONSTER week, and takes the lead over teams that would have beat that team 7 of 10 weeks H2H.

H2H has everything total points has...go read the rules.

Tie breaks are done via TOTAL POINTS.

TOTAL POINTS is how they qualify the championship bracket.

H2H has everything total points has...AND it has H2H opportinities to also make a run at a league title.

H2H allows teams with eary season/mid season ijuries to have a fighting chance at making the playoffs.

I've seen time and time again where these "total points" teams that were so badass during the first 13 weeks...are push overs come playoff time, and the ones with mediocre total points are peaking for a playoff run.

Take a survey.

I'd bet 85+ percentage of NFFC players would vote to keep the element of H2H in the NFFC main.

...and if they removed it...95% would want it back after one season without it.

How can you play "spoiler" in a total points league? (Believ me...THAT's fun, too!)

Having a faceless opponent each week is for the birds.

Give me someone to root against...names, faces...THE ENEMY! :D

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:17 am

I AGREE WITH EVERTHING YOU SAY LANCE EXCEPT YOUR FIRST STATEMENT.

IF A TEAM IS MEDIOCRE AT BEST AND THEN HAS A MONSTER WEEK TO TAKE THE LEAD THAT TEAM HAD TO BE SCORING ENOUGH POINTS TO BE ABLE TO TAKE THAT LEAD.

DO GET ME WRONG I AM 100% PRO HEAD TO HEAD BUT I SEE LIGHTNING POINT WITH THE TOTAL POINTS SITUATION.

[ February 14, 2008, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: KOTRAX ]

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:25 am

Fair enough, KOTRAX.

That's true.

I just see teams with early leads fizzle...yet those are the ones making the big money.

Opening up the entire 16 weeks would actually ENCOURAGE collusion...the #1 enemy of high stakes (or any stakes) fantasy football.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:27 am

Similar problem to Blind Bidding for draft spots, Auction, and 16 week total points leagues.

GREAT for single leagues...not great for multi-leagues.

~lance

~Long John Silver

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:27 am

YES LANCE THAT IS SO TRUE!!!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:39 am

Trust me when I say that I used to be VERY against H2H. HOWEVER after playing in a total points league for WTA, I can tell you that they are about as much fun as watching paint dry.

To make it worse I finished 2nd in that league, which didn't amount to anything, and by about Week 14, I knew my season was over (and I was in 1st or 2nd all year).

Can't imagine what the middle and lower level teams felt like? :(

For the record, DraftChamp leagues (while total points based) are different IMO. Not having to manage a team (when you are in a bunch of leagues) is reason enough to join them.

[ February 14, 2008, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:44 am

I AGREE WITH THAT BILLY. TOTAL POINTS LEAGUE IS LIKE WATCHING PAINT DRY. THEY ARE O.K. FOR SOMETHING TO DO ON THE SIDE BUT I THINK H2H ARE THE MOST FUN!!!

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:24 am

Originally posted by Lightning Fast Whip:
League money based on Head to Head
Overall money based on Total Points

I think over time some (good portion of) players would favor this setup over the current one as the stronger teams over a longer time frame would win the Overall prizes and you still have Head to Head excitement in league and can even have the League playoffs be Head to head and retain the excitement on league level. Love this idea...love it....love it...love it. I got valentines day love for it. Did I mention that I love this idea!

Here's why I love it....we're already doing it except instead of rewarding owners for an outstanding regular season....we're still penalizing them.

Greg has made strides by giving the regular season champ a free entry but handicapping the playoffs just so "all the also rans" can still have a chance sucks. It may make the most "business sense" but not the most overall sense if you're a true competitor IMO.

Wouldn't it be great if Roy Jones Jr. beat the hell out of his opponant for 7 rounds....got outpointed in rounds 8..9..and 10 and lost the decision because he had the mojo early rather than late! :eek:

My opinion is not a gripe about the way things are...only how I see them in a perfect world. :D

Maybe a small scale test of this in the form of a smaller contest will be forthcoming....eh Greg?