Mid-July BBDS league

Greg Ambrosius

Mid-July BBDS league

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:51 am

Three owners already have their BBDS bids into me. Boy, how lucky am I to get to see all of these?! :D Let's get 11 more in before 4 p.m. EST on Wednesday and I promise to have the draft order up before I leave for a long weekend. I will have to find a way to e-mail the winning bids to the owners since we're keeping the bids secret.

Now let's get those bids in! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

sportsbettingman

Mid-July BBDS league

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:52 am

One silly question...

How does Greg determine winners of each slot...

a) Pick one...looks over highest bids for pick one...and awards to highest bidder. Then goes to pick two and repeats?

b) Looks at your draft pick order according to how you list your preference...(i.e....

pick 1 245
pick 2 167
pick 3 167
pick 12 104
pick 11 99
etc...

Just wanted to know...I assume it's closer to the second choice here.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Gordon Gekko

Mid-July BBDS league

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:12 pm

The owner who bids the highest dollar amount is awarded that particular draft slot and that owner and draft slot are removed from future consideration. If there are ties, Greg/Tom will randomly determine which owner is awarded the slot. The process is continued until all draft slots are taken. If some slots aren't bid on, Greg/Tom will randomly place the remaining owners into those slots.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

BillyWaz

Mid-July BBDS league

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:45 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
The owner who bids the highest dollar amount is awarded that particular draft slot and that owner and draft slot are removed from future consideration. If there are ties, Greg/Tom will randomly determine which owner is awarded the slot. The process is continued until all draft slots are taken. If some slots aren't bid on, Greg/Tom will randomly place the remaining owners into those slots. The Godfather of BBDS has spoken! ;)

Gordon Gekko

Mid-July BBDS league

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:41 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...simply as an fyi, this will differ from The SNAKE Classic where the league site has already been set up and under the My Settings/Draft Preferences is listed KDS...in the event of a tie for a slot or a non-bid then the slots will then revert to KDS as it was chosen beforehand according to the individual owners KDS preference...simply an fyi here...SNAKE just an fyi from GG. if owners have a preference they should bid on it. if they don't bid...that means no preference. can't get any simplier. stop making bbds more complicated than it is.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

RiFF

Mid-July BBDS league

Post by RiFF » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:36 pm

Although again intuitive, I suspect a possible point of confusion might be if and when an owner wins multiple positons. That is, for example, he is high bidder on positon 1 @ 900; he is high bid on position 3 with 840; he is also high bid on position 6 with 250. Intuitively, the actual winning bid for this owner would be determined by his KDS; assuming hid KDS was 3-6-1-2-etc.His actual winning draft position would be 3 based on his KDS and not 1, which was his numerically highest bid. Don't mean to be confusing or try to make this simple process complicated; but I assumed this is how its intended to work.

King of Queens

Mid-July BBDS league

Post by King of Queens » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:46 pm

It works like FAAB. Your highest bids are considered first. If you have the highest bid, you get that pick.

GOD Loves You

Mid-July BBDS league

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:23 pm

I think common sense tells if an owner wins draft position #1 with a $900 bid and also has the highest bid for position #3 at $840, they will be awarded position #1.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL