Mid-July BBDS league

Captain Hook

Mid-July BBDS league

Post by Captain Hook » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:25 am

The fault here is in the assumptions about how Greg and Tom are going to do this, so they will really need to chime in.

In Gecko's example they look at #1 spot
High bid gets it (coin flips where necessary)

Now they look at #2 spot = High bid gets it
(coin flips where necessary)

All remaining draft slots follow, and if all positions are not assigned, there are X teams for X spots and they are drawn from a hat and placed in the spots.

BTW that works just as well for Riff's proposed method.

Everybody is happy except:
-Tom and Greg who have to repeat this for all leagues (better increase the beer budget)
-All the losers
-All those who spent most of their FA dollars and got their first choice but now have to replace other members of their team who have injuries, byes etc
-All the bad players who can't complain about their draft positions any more

[ July 04, 2006, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: Captain Hook ]

RiFF

Mid-July BBDS league

Post by RiFF » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:14 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:

...in this league, simply bid ANY amount from your alloted $1000 FAAB for the 1-14 slots that you want in the order that you want them (more money bid on said owners more desirable spots - ties/non-bids on slots will be selected randomly - ie pulled out of a hat by G&T)...

...to sum it up Riff-Raff - simply IGNORE anything to do with KDS in this league here - just bid how ever much you want on what ever draft slot you want from your alloted $1000 FAAB...simple...SNAKE I may have also added confusion by referring to my described method as KDS. It wouldn't work exactly as KDS in the Main Event, but rather as a hybrid KDS or KDS "type" method. That is you list your 1st draft choice and the amount you want to bid for that choice. Then you list your 2nd, your 3rd and so forth. If you are high bidder on your 1st choice, you are awarded that draft slot and all remaining slot bids are ignored. For example:

Choice Draft Slot Bid Amount
1 3 $450.
2 1 $650.
3 10 $150.
4 8 $175.
5 12 $ 75.

Continue listing up to all 14 slot choices. So to the extent that you are high bidder on your 1st choice, Draft Slot #3 in the example, you win that slot and all remianing bids are discarded. If you are not high bidder on your 1st choice then the 2nd choice will be considered, in this case draft slot #1 and so on and so forth until all draft slots with bids are assigned. To the extent entrants didn't win any slots they bid on; then it would revert to a KDS system for the remaining slots. So in my exaample, I bid on 5 slots and didn't win any of them , I would then list the preferred order of my remaining slots KDS style. So whatever remaining draft slots and owners were left after all winning bids had been assigned to the high bidders; the remaining slots would be chosen using KDS.

Snake, From what I interpret this seems to be the method you are intending to use.

I apologize for making this sound infinitely more complicated then it is. :eek:

King of Queens

Mid-July BBDS league

Post by King of Queens » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:25 am

RiFF, I like your method better, but in reality, it would only work in a live format.

Gordon Gekko

Mid-July BBDS league

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:53 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
The fault here is in the assumptions about how Greg and Tom are going to do this, so they will really need to chime in.

In Gecko's example they look at #1 spot
High bid gets it (coin flips where necessary)

there is no confusion on how to perform bbds. others are trying to add wrinkles to it and are muddying the waters. KISS.

in my example, greg takes the highest bid by anyone (regarless of draft slot) and awards that draft slot to that owner for the bid amount made. that owner and draft slot are removed from future consideration. this process repeats itself until all draft slots are assigned via bidding or until there are no more bids. if slots remain, greg randomly determines draft slots. having a ZERO bid means you have no preference.

now keep KDS out of the BBDS discussion. you are only muddying the waters and making it 10x more confusing to EVERYONE. thanks.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Mid-July BBDS league

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:55 am

Originally posted by RiFF:
I apologize for making this sound infinitely more complicated then it is. :eek: apology noted. no more muddy waters. start a different thread if you want to debate your hybrid.

RiFF

Mid-July BBDS league

Post by RiFF » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:19 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by RiFF:
I apologize for making this sound infinitely more complicated then it is. :eek: apology noted. no more muddy waters. start a different thread if you want to debate your hybrid. [/QUOTE]LOL. I suppose there is a certain comfort in being able to consistently anticipate predictable actions and responses. " Stubbornness does have its helpful features. You always know what you are going to be thinking tomorrow". As does everyone else.

RiFF

Mid-July BBDS league

Post by RiFF » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:29 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
RiFF, I like your method better, but in reality, it would only work in a live format. KoQ; I do not believe that my discussed method for BBDS ia any less relevant when owners submit their Slot preferences and Bid amounts. After all submissions are received, it would be a simple process of sorting through all submissions and assigning draft slots based on preference and bid amounts.

Gordon Gekko

Mid-July BBDS league

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:32 am

Originally posted by RiFF:
LOL. I suppose there is a certain comfort in being able to consistently anticipate predictable actions and responses. " Stubbornness does have its helpful features. You always know what you are going to be thinking tomorrow". As does everyone else. this would be a good summation of your posts on this thread...

confused: being unable to think with clarity or act with understanding and intelligence.

as i've said, start your own thread and see how well your hybrid model stands up against the critics. two BIG thumbs down here. thanks.

[ July 04, 2006, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

BubbasHouse

Mid-July BBDS league

Post by BubbasHouse » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:17 am

RiFF -

Your points/suggestion is clear and valid - just not points that others want to be included in current BBDS thinking. It does place another layer of complexity to the current simplistic BBDS process.

I do find humor in the response of others coming at you with such a critical voice. And then poo-poo'ign you to "another thread" when you started with just getting qualifaction on the process is a bit rude. Like the way you handled your response - with class - that the simpletons on the board just don't get.

What city are you drafting in? If in Chicago we would welcome a free thinker that shows some smarts in our circle!