Painful---Here comes the feedback...

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:42 am

Originally posted by boutrous11:
Tom, for the slow draft we're in the middle of now, what about players that aren't in the database? Pete, shoot me ([email protected]), Geoff ([email protected]) and Greg ([email protected]) any players who are missing so we can get them added. Thanks.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:44 am

As of right now I only know that ones mentioned in the other thread. i'll shoot you those...

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:45 am

Tom, for the slow draft we're in the middle of now, what about players that aren't in the database? Pete, we need to get EVERY player in the data base. I see that Shayne Graham is not there. We need to get EVERY possible player in there ASAP for every draft we run going forward. Shoot me an email at [email protected] of players you don't see, but Tom and Geoff are doing that now as well. I thought only unsigned free agents like Ladell Betts were missing last night, but we'll double check again.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:48 am

As of right now I only know that ones mentioned in the other thread. i'll shoot you those... Thanks Pete. Please email that to me. We have 32 kickers listed but I'm seeing two kickers who should be listed who aren't. I want to see if there are any more - especially for the DC leagues - that need to be there.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:53 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by boutrous11:
As of right now I only know that ones mentioned in the other thread. i'll shoot you those... Thanks Pete. Please email that to me. We have 32 kickers listed but I'm seeing two kickers who should be listed who aren't. I want to see if there are any more - especially for the DC leagues - that need to be there. [/QUOTE]2 Kickers that I see missing...

Ray Guy
Mike Vandershank

TIA :D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:04 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
It would be nice for EVERYONE to be able to "play around" on the draft site, and not just get access the morning of their draft.

I want to see how small the font actually is! Go to www.draftpractice.com to see the font size. Tom and I are in the NFFC 12-teamer that starts in 6 minutes. Come and join us and we'll Chat.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

cdavault

Post by cdavault » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:09 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Popcorn Maker:
I highly doubt that we are the only ones that have this issue with the level of disaster it was. Several reasons for this could be A. they did not speak up. B. they do not know any better (all the competitors are better than this by a large margin). C. their complaints were ignored. To address your points.

1. As I said, we are not diminishing the problems that you had in the Gamers League. We are very sorry the experience wasn't what you hoped. That said, I can only go by what I have personally observed and it is a fact that the $125 league went smoothly after one issue early on. That is a very important aspect of this discussion that in my opinion should not be ignored or overlooked.

2. That league was comprised of several NFFC veterans. With all due respect, it's rather insulting to say that anyone in that league is somehow inferior to those in another league.

3. Now that's insulting to me. Nothing was ignored. I asked for comments about the site and they were positive. There were some improvements suggested but none were expressed in a negative fashion. And once again, two of the people who were in that league signed up for future leagues immediately after the draft had ended. So it's safe to say they did not have a horrible experience last night.

The bottom line here is we had one draft that went badly and one draft that went well. What we have to do is look at the reasons why each occurred and then move forward.
[/QUOTE]in no way was what i said meant to insult anyone. general observations and possibilities as to why one went sooo wrong and one went sooo right. It just does not seem to add up that is all.

the big picture here is that we waited for so long because this was being worked on and the kinks being worked out. I cannot fathom how bad it must have been in the "testing" phases. The whole layout is flawed. The top row where it says who is picking is a complete waste and just confusing.

the chat screen is way to small. and so on you have heard the issues no sense in repeating them.

it is Solutions that matter. How does Fanball/NFFC adapt to this when time is so short. Hindsight would say that this should have been done at least a month ago to ensure that these issues were resolved before the draft season started. Also needed some "beta" testers (customers) to conduct a few drafts and see their reactions way before this week. i guess as the saying goes sink or swim. it is great to create a model where you "own" the system. But sometimes it is better to leave it up to the experts and outsource even when the cost might increase. The headache and customer satisfaction risk could significantly out weigh the benefits here. Especially if the business is so competitive.

I enjoy the NFFC and had fun drafting the Online leagues last year.

[ August 05, 2010, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: Popcorn Maker ]

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:12 am

As I said, we had one draft that went well and one draft that didn't. We need to look at the reasons why each occurred and find solutions that will enable ALL of our drafts to be more like the $125 one last night. That's our goal.

Again, Greg and I are mocking on Draft Practice.com so we'll be there with anyone who wants to draft with us so we can all look at the site together. Email me ([email protected]) or Greg ([email protected]) if there are specific leagues you want us to join or post something in the thread I started.

[ August 05, 2010, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:14 am

i tried to participate in that mock greg and it didn't work.

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:14 am

Ok, fully rested and reviewing last night and the posts that have followed here are a couple of thoughts.

Tom with all due respect, a normal league drafting versus a DC type one may not have shown the issues we experienced. I would not look at our league as the exception but as the Beta testing it appears may not have taken place initially.

With a 26 rd, 14 team DC, it allowed to see issues that should have been found long before any live draft rolled into the room. Key kickers and FAs not being in the list is tough to accept. I mean you only have 32 starting kickers, how do any get left out?

The DCs will go longer errgo user friendliness is more important since we are camped in front of the machine much longer than a regular draft. I strongly suggest y'all not just think we are a bunch of prima donnas or elitists, we are long time folks that have great respect and appreciation what all of us have helped build in the NFFC. There are some really easy fixes that can make the experience better but we shouldn't even be talking about these because many of you at the NFFC and Fanball play the games yourselves. I think that is what baffles me the most, how can actual players not see some of the things we are bringing up before they ever got into the final product.

The fact that some of us had time to post on the MB, do housework, disappear to get food and drink during a draft with folks that would rarely use all their time should show that things were not running as smoothly as you might think.

Again, consider this constructive criticism and not a complaint in the manner of do this or else. I am scheduled for several more DC's and intend to abide by my committments. I am hopeful to see what changes/adjustments you all make and will gladly report those on these same boards when/if they occur.

Scott
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.