Painful---Here comes the feedback...

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:22 am

Scott, I agree we need to add those free agents as well as Graham and Rackers to the system. I wasn't aware they were not in the data base. That's our fault there. Please email me any players you have seen missing who will be there. Yes, we should be responsible for this and we are but if we can work together we can try to make this the draft site that all of you want and prefer. Sound good?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:52 am

All good points Scott and you are right about the DC. Through 26 rounds you sure can find any inefficiencies and we have to get as deep as possible within all of the positions and make the draft experience an enjoyable one. Let's see if we can do that.

You are right about some simple changes that should have been done right away. We have draft picks numbered at the top 1-300, let's say, and they should be 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, etc. Basic stuff.

Nobody is comparing one group of owners against another. It's just that the other league never missed a beat and not having rollbacks was the key there. Also, some owners from the Gamers League are saying they didn't have the same problems or the same issues with font size. So we definitely want to make this better and you are right, taking constructive criticism and improving on those suggestions is the key. Let's make it better rather than give up today.

Also, go to your Gamers link now and hit Select. You'll see all of the results there, your team, everything. Nobody is talking about that part today, but I see several owners from that league in there. What's the feedback of the look of your team pages now that the draft is over?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:56 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Greg and Tom,

I think I made the initial post with suggestions for the draft room and I didn't want to get anything started so I complimented the look (the color scheme does look very nice) and made a few suggestions. I knew the font was small but I didn't think it was that bad. But after I started seeing the posts, I realized my laptop is hooded up to a 23" screen and it's pretty small on this screen. I took it off the monitor and tried it on my 13" laptop screen and wow was it small.

Here's the problem as I see it. Everybody here likes and respects you guys. But at what point in time do we have to stop handing the NFFC a "free pass?" We have plenty of time in the slow draft to make picks and find information. We are in the process of putting together an email list so that we can let each other know who is up and who has been taken. (Email notifications of picks on a slow draft should be a VERY basic option.) We can make it work. But this draft site is so far behind your competitors and it's not even close. I'm so thankful I wasn't in Jules DC last night. I went looking for players this morning so I turned to the kicker page and the first guy I looked for was Shayne Graham and he wasn't there. WOW I saw the list of kickers was short and realized that there are a number of them missing.

I have found myself playing in more leagues elsewhere this year and honestly regretting having signed up for the 3 pack of the onlinE championship. If the functionality of the draft room was the only problem then I wouldn't be making this post. It's almost as if somebody had written a playbook on how NOT to do a merger (nffc and fanball) then this would be example A.

I hope for you guys that this ship gets turned around soon. I see very few signups in Chicago this year and it worries me that we will be losing the synergy that we normally experience. I don't want to pile on here but I'm just expressing what I have been feeling for several months. Best of luck.

Wayne Wayne, I appreciate the post. The NFFC doesn't deserve a free pass from anyone. Either we live up to the standards you've expected from us in the past or you move to the competition. It's as easy as that. I don't want anyone spending their money with the NFFC because they had a good experience in the past. I want them to play with us because they expect a GREAT experience this year and KNOW they are going to get paid when they win. Plain and simple.

I don't want any part of the NFFC to fail this year. I want it all to work perfectly and be even better than the first six years. That's the standard Tom and I have set for ourselves. Folks know I'll do all I can to get things done right. Now it's time to prove it or we'll lose great customers like you and others from the Gamers League.
[/QUOTE]Greg,

Your post here is exactly why so many of us are so loyal to the NFFC. We are all wanting this to work well. And for the record, I haven't gone elsewhere this year because of problems here, it's simply been a matter of availability of leagues. The nffc just didn't have the offerings that some of the others had and I just wanted to get started.

Wayne

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:01 am

You are right about some simple changes that should have been done right away. We have draft picks numbered at the top 1-300, let's say, and they should be 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, etc. Basic stuff.
I asked your IT guys to do this in March.

It's just that the other league never missed a beat and not having rollbacks was the key there.
If you're trying to track the entire draft it's nearly impossible, if you're just drafting off the draft list it is functional, aside from the wrong player popping into your queue about 1/3rd of the time.

Also, go to your Gamers link now and hit Select. You'll see all of the results there, your team, everything. Nobody is talking about that part today, All I get is a black screen when I click on that lge, as Cleavenger posted last night - which no one responded to.

[ August 05, 2010, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:05 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
It's just that the other league never missed a beat and not having rollbacks was the key there.
If you're trying to track the entire draft it's nearly impossible, if you're just drafting off the draft list it is functional, aside from the wrong player popping into your queue about 1/3rd of the time.

How is this happening?? So players you don't even put into your cue are ending up there??? :confused:

Old School

Post by Old School » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:06 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:

How is this happening?? So players you don't even put into your cue are ending up there??? :confused:
[/QUOTE]These are precisely IMO the two main problems for me. Can they be fixed?

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:14 am

I drafted last night in the one that did not go so good.

I agree with the very eloquent Mark Moyer and Todd Ullman and Wayne and a few others so I won't repeat any of that plus my comments from the other day with suggestions about the Queue.

I was expecting to be wowed and feel let down by what we are being asked to use. It looks like it was rushed into service with the most basic of attributes. How much more basic is a grid and knowing to show both the "Draft Summary" and "Player Search" at the same time?

I think the software can get the job done this next month without any bells and whistles but I hope to see some drastic changes next year.

I hope that the commissioner end is slicker than this aspect.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:15 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:

[/QUOTE]You click a player on the player list, who when shows up in player profile. From there you can click add to queue. In some of the early rounds when I would pull up a player, see his profile on screen then click add to queue, Brandon Jacobs would miraculously appear out of nowhere and jump into my queue, later on it was Matt Leinart and still later it was Nate Kaeding.

It didn't happen every time, but enough to be comical. I think two people drafted the wrong player this way as well, because you can also click on "draft" from that player profile when it's your turn.

The worst thing is you can't see who is being drafted while you're looking for players except in the chat box which is constantly scrolling, so when it adds the wrong guy to queue now you have to do the search over, hope you get it right, meanwhile draft picks keep rolling by which you can't see.

If I didnt care abour tracking other picks, the room would've been "mostly" functional, but following all picks is part of my process. I suspect that is probably more true for those in the gamers draft than the other, which is why it was more of a nightmare for us.

Old School

Post by Old School » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:21 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:

[/QUOTE]You click a player on the player list, who when shows up in player profile. From there you can click add to queue. In some of the early rounds when I would pull up a player, see his profile on screen then click add to queue, Brandon Jacobs would miraculously appear out of nowhere and jump into my queue, later on it was Matt Leinart and still later it was Nate Kaeding.

It didn't happen every time, but enough to be comical. I think two people drafted the wrong player this way as well, because you can also click on "draft" from that player profile when it's your turn.

The worst thing is you can't see who is being drafted while you're looking for players except in the chat box which is constantly scrolling, so when it adds the wrong guy to queue now you have to do the search over, hope you get it right, meanwhile draft picks keep rolling by which you can't see.

If I didnt care abour tracking other picks, the room would've been "mostly" functional, but following all picks is part of my process. I suspect that is probably more true for those in the gamers draft than the other, which is why it was more of a nightmare for us.
[/QUOTE]Well said KJ. For me, 80% of my draft plan is to monitor other teams drafts, especially with the savvy veterans who I drafted with last night. I would have to keep a manual spreadsheet if I drafted again