Painful---Here comes the feedback...

Max Factor

Post by Max Factor » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:56 am

I just drafted with myself and the computer and used the chat room as well. We were all polite to one another and, of course, the computer had a better team.
I don't know any of the people that were in the room last night personally, only from the forum here. They are all the core of NFFC players and knowledgeable drafters so I am sure the they were not the problem.

I had no technical issue with the room, but I agree with all about the ads. We need a grid for sure and I would like my roster listing to be sorted by position not by starting line up as it is displayed. I also feel the alphabetical listing should be by last name not first.

Lastly, add Jeff George to the list.
Jeff Potok

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:39 am

Folks, I've had to deal with a thing or 2 that were small my whole life. And as much as I've wished that would change, it hasn't. I've even tried several remedies to no avail.

I guess I state this as an example that I've learned to deal with it so hopefully most will be able to deal with a smallish chat box or font.

Get your minds out of the gutter. I meant my bank account. :D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

moyer1313

Post by moyer1313 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:50 am

I stated earlier that as far as the functionality of the software went, I had not experienced any of the problems that the other Gamers had experienced. However, I was probably incorrect.

Reading another post, they mentioned Brandon Jacobs magically appearing in their queue.

I had Jacobs appear in my queue twice, when I never selected him.

I had assumed that I had just mis-clicked, but when his name was mentioned by others having problems, I would guess that I had the problem, too, rather than me mis-clicking twice.

Mark
Follow Me
'07 10-3 127.3 ppg $0 Won
'08 11-2 123.3 ppg $0 Won
'09 2-12 129.5 ppg $0 Won

The only team in NFFC Main Event history to win 11 games and not cash. :(

1683.8 pts. in 2009 is the record for a team with just 2 wins. Old record - 1479.95

Getpaddled

Post by Getpaddled » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:38 am

If I was jacobs id be jumping in the box to get drafted too! Talk about a stock that has gone down
Greg Dietzler AKA Letter Pusher
Fantasy Football Genius & FPA supporter
Twitter: @Getpaddled

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:38 am

Thanks to all the Gamers League participants who took my call today and gave me honest assessments of last night's draft. As Mark pointed out above, this league seemed to have more issues with the que and what was happening there than anything we've seen so far and it's something we'll look into. Thanks for the feedback there.

The other points we're looking into now and trying to make three quick changes to help the NFFC drafts immediately. If we can get these done I think we'll be headed in a more positive direction. It involves removing the placement ad and putting in the previous picks and making the top grid more useable. I should have an update soon on all of this and hopefully a timetable.

Again, thanks for the feedback all and for the few owners I didn't talk to today let me know when you're free and I'll call tomorrow. I'll even sponsor a Gamers League 2 with some type of prize once the room has the new features. You don't all have to return, but the gesture is out there for all to take me up on.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

kentucky

Post by kentucky » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:47 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
As per conversations I had with those in drafts last night, those of note missing were...

BRIAN WESTBROOK
NEIL RACKERS
SHAYNE GRAHAM Billy, we've also added recently:
Muhsin Muhammad
Kennan Burton
Ladell Betts
[/QUOTE]others to check on
patrick ramsey
mike nugent
matt stover
ramses barden
mike tolbert
mike furrey
dorin dickerson
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:53 pm

Wow, reading this entire insane thread is giving me deja vu from March. I think I need one of those cocktails Snake recommended.

One suggestion....

If you think the feedback here on a $125 DC draft room experience is harsh, imagine what it would be like if the much more critical backend & FAAB performs anything like it did for early season baseball come football opening Sunday when thousands upon thousands of dollars are at stake.

I'd recommend that product be completed soon and ready for review and "beta testing" long before the games count. I'd hope the NFFC & especially Fanball takes the criticism in this thread and the criticism received last April as constructive, as a learning experience, and most importantly to heart.

Finish your product when promised, deliver it to your clientele for testing before the drafts and/or games count and before invested dollars are affected, and implement the recommended corrections & enhancements in a timely fashion.

From what I can tell the baseball crowd is a much more ummmm "accomodating" crowd that its football counterparts. No offense intended, but it could get real ugly around here if what happened in April reappears in September.

Glenn

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:41 pm

The part that bothers me the most about all this are not the Draft Room issues. Yes, those are serious and significant, but I do believe that Greg and Tom will get those fixed. They've proven themselves to be reliable in this regard in the past.

What bothers me most is that respected NFFC vets like Glenn and Jules are totally livid and upset with the game operators. I've played in many other high stakes leagues in the past, and one thing I couldn't stand about them was the impersonal feel they imparted. The great thing about the NFFC is that we've all been together for many years in a loosely harmonious fashion that has been very appealing to me.

I would hate to see anything destroy these special relationships which took so long to build in the first place.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:23 pm

Not to mention the countless others in the silent majority. It just shows that both the product and service are critical to customer retention.

$$$ talks. Maybe the "powers that be" will take notice?!

I just hope the downturn in participation is not just written off to a slumping economy. For the most part, these fantasy $$$ are being spent somewhere.

I'm doing my part. I hope those above GA and TK take note. I really do!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.