Painful---Here comes the feedback...

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:49 pm

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
thanks for the call greg. your a good man. its all good. Frankie, you're the last person I'd ever ignore!! First of all, you're bigger than me. Secondly, you came to Lambeau Field to party with me before the Jets beat us like 100-6. And thirdly, well, I don't have many NFFC friends anymore and I still consider you one of them!! :D

Thanks for taking my call. We're cool. We're in this together for as long as it lasts, which could be this year or a decade from now. Let's keep it rolling if we can and with any luck we'll meet up in Dallas in February to cheer on the best Super Bowl ever: Packers vs. Jets!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:50 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Sandman62:
Where do we officially sign up to accept Greg's offer for a GAMERS 2 DC league? And what will the prize fund look like? I didn't want to schedule anything until we got through tonight's three pay drafts. It looks so far like all three went okay, although we're not done yet. If after these are done and folks want to do a Gamers 2 League on Wednesday night, I'll gladly invite everyone to attend again and I'll take any spot that doesn't get filled. Tom too, Geoff too, if needed. We want to be in there and help anyone who is struggling here.

Let's get through tonight and if Jules can make it on Wednesday night along with others we'll figure it out and see what we can provide for prizes. We have some good autographed items we can play for. But more importantly, I want to show you the updated software can work and the Draft Board and all Admin tools are there that WERE NOT there for Gamers I.

Sound good?
[/QUOTE]Sounds GREAT! Thanks Greg.

[ August 08, 2010, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:53 pm

I just spent the last half hour messing around with the league management area and so far I really like it. Hopefully everything works as good as it looks but I'm excited about it. Will we eventually be able to load icons?

Wayne

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:55 pm

Originally posted by Sandman62:
Also, in the league home page where we view our draft results, is the Draft Board from the draft room available? I find that the easiest way to review. Tom/Greg/Geoff? Thanks.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:55 pm

Originally posted by RedRyder:
I know you're trying to manage the PR end of this Tom, but let's be honest... the draft summary may be similar to the colored draft grid, but the latter is much more useful. At a glance, you can easily see who else still has to draft a TE or QB, or if the owner after you needs a QB or you can wait, etc. The draft summary has no colors and this info doesn't readily pop out. Plus the grid can be maximized to a full screen separate window; the summary displays about 3 teams at a time.

That's all water under the bridge as the colored grid IS now available and is very slick. But I think I speak for most of the GAMERS league players that we don't wish to be labeled unjustified whiners. ;) The lack of the colored grid was a MAJOR hassle for us and the summary that was available last Wed. was NOT an adequate replacement. Mike you touched on a point that is troubling, that some GAMERS have been labeled whiners for bringing up criticism of the draft room. Well, it got someone's attention and changes were made, so I guess that so-called whining had a positive effect for all.

It's been 5 days since the debacle of the GAMERS league and the very generous offer of a re-do from Greg (thank you), I'm hoping something formal is set up this week. I'd like to see the improvements in a non-mock situation. I've already withdrawn my Online Championship on the 14th, but am hoping with the improvements I will feel comfortable doing the BillyWaz DC.
[/QUOTE]Just a clarification: NOBODY is calling the Gamers whiners. We certainly could have made this better with full Admin tools that night and the Draft Board, along with some other items that have been added since. That's on us. And nobody had any familiarity with the software, which turned a bad situation worse.

That's why I'm offering a Gamers 2, to be in the room with you folks, show you everything and see if we can't get through a draft quickly while having fun. I didn't make an official offer until I saw how these three drafts ran tonight. But again, if Jules is cool with Wednesday I'll be there either to participate or monitor. This is important to me. Who wants to do it if tonight was a success?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:01 pm

I'm in. :cool:

And maybe "whiners" wasn't the best choice of words? All I meant is that it seemed that Tom was somewhat trivializing the difference between the colored draft board and the Draft Summary in the room, as if just the pretty colors what was I was complaining about. Though all the same DATA was there, the full-screen colored board is infinitely more useful in real time during a live paying league draft.

I think we've beat this horse enough now. Keep incorporating fixes and suggestions like you have been and this product will be one of the best out there, I'm sure. I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks for your persistence and understanding guys.

[ August 08, 2010, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:05 pm

Originally posted by Sandman62:
Also, in the league home page where we view our draft results, is the Draft Board from the draft room available? I find that the easiest way to review. Tom/Greg/Geoff? Thanks. [/QUOTE]I don't know if that Draft Board is available once you leave the draft room. I agree man, I'd print that page out after the draft or save it somewhere. It's like a live draft board.

I'll ask to see if we can somehow save that. I'm not sure it's possible, but we'll see. Thanks Mike.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:06 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
I just spent the last half hour messing around with the league management area and so far I really like it. Hopefully everything works as good as it looks but I'm excited about it. Will we eventually be able to load icons?

Wayne Thanks Wayne. I'll check on the icons for your team, but I don't know off hand. I'll ask. Making a list now!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:12 pm

Originally posted by RedRyder:
I know you're trying to manage the PR end of this Tom, but let's be honest... the draft summary may be similar to the colored draft grid, but the latter is much more useful. At a glance, you can easily see who else still has to draft a TE or QB, or if the owner after you needs a QB or you can wait, etc. The draft summary has no colors and this info doesn't readily pop out. Plus the grid can be maximized to a full screen separate window; the summary displays about 3 teams at a time.

That's all water under the bridge as the colored grid IS now available and is very slick. But I think I speak for most of the GAMERS league players that we don't wish to be labeled unjustified whiners. ;) The lack of the colored grid was a MAJOR hassle for us and the summary that was available last Wed. was NOT an adequate replacement. Mike you touched on a point that is troubling, that some GAMERS have been labeled whiners for bringing up criticism of the draft room. Well, it got someone's attention and changes were made, so I guess that so-called whining had a positive effect for all.

It's been 5 days since the debacle of the GAMERS league and the very generous offer of a re-do from Greg (thank you), I'm hoping something formal is set up this week. I'd like to see the improvements in a non-mock situation. I've already withdrawn my Online Championship on the 14th, but am hoping with the improvements I will feel comfortable doing the BillyWaz DC.
[/QUOTE]That's why we're going to do this on Wednesday Jules. We'll either see if we were able to do this easily together or not. We can't get this draft room EXACTLY the way everyone wants it and honestly we never were going to. But I think there are nice tools here now that everyone can use to keep track of their picks, their own rankings, the colored draft grid so you can track your competitors' picks, and more. You need to reaarange the furniture to do this, but it's much better than it was on Wednesday.

Hopefully you'll like it enough to stay in Billy's event and even rejoin an OC. When you win the Classic, you're going to need an OC team to get you more Combined Standings money and of course the $75,000 cash bonus for accomplishing the Lindy!! Call me a fool for dreaming, but I think this is good enough to have a great Wednesday night and make this work.

See ya on Wednesday.

da bears

Post by da bears » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:32 pm

Yeah wednesday is fine with me Greg.

Another draft against such a great group of players will be fun. :cool:

[ August 08, 2010, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: da bears ]
Bauler Shot Caller