Time for a new direction...

D-Day Heroes

Post by D-Day Heroes » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:07 am

Thought we would ttry and turn this discussion in the right direction and drop that old tired thread .I'm Just a satelite player, so i sometimes feel a little hesitant in putting my 2 cents in when conversing with players in the Big Show. But then I thought , if you have something valuable or interesitng to post it would only add to the number of Guest reading these boards to entertain the fact of joining this Great League. Now that a Positve in my book. I think the key word here is Pertinent. If we keep the discussion on The Game , More people visiting this site will join our league, if we focus our disscussion on personal attacks, more people will be detered from joining. I think a great indicator for how high the level the dialog is on here will be , HOW MANY NEW FACES YOU SEE POPPING UP ON THIS BOARD, Right now I keep seeing the same old names, and thats SAD. There are a couple of thousand members and more guest on this site, Yet , thier are only a couple of dozen posters . Come on Guys, LETS TALK ABOT THE GAME AND GAME REALATED TOPICS, ITS THAT SIMPLE !! If you want to attack someone personally , be a man , and send them a PM.

Now , How about dem Buffalo Bills ..
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

eugenemin

Post by eugenemin » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:29 am

D-Day Heroes, thanks a lot for posting. I don't post that much either, and I would really enjoy more members and more topics too. The NFFC is a great event, and getting more people on these boards would be great.

As for the Bills, I think they're for real. At least 1 Wild card team coming from that AFC East this year. Maybe 2? Should be fun right down to the finish this year.

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:14 am

I agree about the Bills. I triedto wait and get their D as often as possible and took Edwards in a few leagues as my backup. (both mains here)

I think they are a playoff team for sure. I see them winning 11 games after their 5-0 start.

I also like the Titans to continue their winning ways. Collins is an upgrade and just maybe Vince comes back to help down the stretch run.

I might consider a platoon if Vince gets his head back on. Normally this situation could not work in the NFL but I think it works for a few reasons:

1) The Titans are a very disciplined and "team oriented" organization. They rally around this sort of stuff. I think they will help VY sort out the "issues" that are hindering him from developing as an athlete.

2) I think this would put VY in situations that he could succeed and use his natural abilities. Not having to "shoulder" the load and be the franchise might be best for him right now. Maybe he learns and develops by sharing the responsibilities?

3) Collins is no spring chicken. If you couldtake him off the field for 20-30% of the plays, just maybe you keep him healthy.

Just my 2c
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

trueblue

Post by trueblue » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:56 am

good post d-day. totally agree on the bills. they are young and up and coming. they are lacking at WR with a young QB. hardy has big time potential, but he's still a rook. if everyone else could beat up on each other and the bills have mome field advantage,,,i mean, who wants to go to buffalo in jan?

[ September 15, 2008, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: kentuckythunder ]

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:57 am

Originally posted by D-Day Heroes:
Thought we would ttry and turn this discussion in the right direction and drop that old tired thread .I'm Just a satelite player, so i sometimes feel a little hesitant in putting my 2 cents in when conversing with players in the Big Show. But then I thought , if you have something valuable or interesitng to post it would only add to the number of Guest reading these boards to entertain the fact of joining this Great League. Now that a Positve in my book. I think the key word here is Pertinent. If we keep the discussion on The Game , More people visiting this site will join our league, if we focus our disscussion on personal attacks, more people will be detered from joining. I think a great indicator for how high the level the dialog is on here will be , HOW MANY NEW FACES YOU SEE POPPING UP ON THIS BOARD, Right now I keep seeing the same old names, and thats SAD. There are a couple of thousand members and more guest on this site, Yet , thier are only a couple of dozen posters . Come on Guys, LETS TALK ABOT THE GAME AND GAME REALATED TOPICS, ITS THAT SIMPLE !! If you want to attack someone personally , be a man , and send them a PM.

Now , How about dem Buffalo Bills .. dude you are right, if i see another BIlly Waz and Snake post on here that is about who did what and who is a bigger jerk, im going to get sick. i think those guys have labtops glued to their laps 24 hour 7 days.. lol.. (guys thats a joke im just kidding) , it's fine, but it would be cool to talk some actual football .. welcome! hey i just started the NFFC recently and it's great, join the main event next year, you won't be disappointed.

[ September 15, 2008, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: weber ]
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:16 am

Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:
I agree about the Bills. I triedto wait and get their D as often as possible and took Edwards in a few leagues as my backup. (both mains here)

I think they are a playoff team for sure. I see them winning 11 games after their 5-0 start.

I also like the Titans to continue their winning ways. Collins is an upgrade and just maybe Vince comes back to help down the stretch run.

I might consider a platoon if Vince gets his head back on. Normally this situation could not work in the NFL but I think it works for a few reasons:

1) The Titans are a very disciplined and "team oriented" organization. They rally around this sort of stuff. I think they will help VY sort out the "issues" that are hindering him from developing as an athlete.

2) I think this would put VY in situations that he could succeed and use his natural abilities. Not having to "shoulder" the load and be the franchise might be best for him right now. Maybe he learns and develops by sharing the responsibilities?

3) Collins is no spring chicken. If you couldtake him off the field for 20-30% of the plays, just maybe you keep him healthy.

Just my 2c I always like the Under Dog, But the AFC is to Loaded for the Bills to make it this year. They are moving in the right direction but still a few players away.

I have Jumped on the Bronco Band wagon though :D I like the Royal/Marshall duo there, And I like Mike Shanahan, Always have. And after seeing him go for the 2, I like him even more. I don't know if it was because he felt bad that they got a gift, But bad call or not, it was a hell of a game!!

Lot of good close games this week.....
I.W
Johnny Frisella

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:18 am

How about all these Rookie Backs this year!!!!!!
I.W
Johnny Frisella

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:22 am

Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
How about all these Rookie Backs this year!!!!!! Who saw that coming?

John

[ September 15, 2008, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

kapefear

Post by kapefear » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:28 am

john,I know someone who say it coming.HMMMM

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:41 am

Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
How about all these Rookie Backs this year!!!!!! After a VERY small 2 game sample, here is my analysis (In no particular order)...

DARREN MCFADDEN- Explosive as hell, and with Fargas down, he will get carries. Problem is he has been nicked up in both games, and rumors of "turf toe" could hurt him.

JONATHAN STEWART- Solid looking RB, but has a capable guy to share time in DeAngelo. If he ever becomes "the man", he will be a beast.

MATT FORTE- Looked AWESOME in week one, but a little more pedestrian this past week. Him having a HORRID passing game doesn't help. On a team who could throw, he could be very special IMO.

KEVIN SMITH- For the 2nd week in a row, the "Motor City Kitties" were down 14-0 before they could blink. Add in that Rudi Johnson will get more and more touches each week, and Smith looks like a flex play (at best) in about 3 or 4 weeks.

CHRIS JOHNSON- Love the speed, and if the Titans gave him the goalline....WOW!!! He is a LenDale White injury away from being a top 10-15 RB.

RAY RICE- In the middle of a 3 man committee on a bad football team. If McGahee gets hurt for a while, he will have value, but he is on a REALLY lousy team.

RASHARD MENDENHALL- A complete bust thus far, as he fumbled too much in the preseason to have the coaching staff trust in him. He had NO TOUCHES last night!

JAMAAL CHARLES- Is intriguing because of his speed, but I wouldn't be shocked to see a timeshare with Kolby Smith. Larry Johnson's days look to be numbered, as if you can't do better than 12-22 at home against Oakland, it aint happening.

STEVE SLATON- I like him, and the fact that Ahman can't stay healthy, and there aren't many options, he should put up some decent numbers here and there based on sheer touches alone.

RYAN TORAIN- In Denver, who knows? Sure looks like a passing team, but I am pretty sure he was always nicked up in college. It sure didn't take him long to get hurt when the pads were on.

TASHARD CHOICE- If Barber goes down, he will have some value, as Felix Jones isn't an everydown back. And in that offense, I could run for 80 yards on 20 carries. :D

TIM HIGHTOWER- The more I watch, the more I like. Runs hard, appears he will get the goalline. Downside is Edge is generally reliable, so there is only so much upside for Mr. Hightower.

I know there are others who might emerge, but these are the main "dudes".

[ September 15, 2008, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]