technology tips for fantasy

renman

Post by renman » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:25 am

I am self admittedly ignorant when it comes to utilizing the latest technology or media forms. I was wondering if some of the NFFCers here might share some of the different tools they use to enjoy their NFL experience and fantasy.

-Are there any useful fantasy football phone apps? I know I read somewhere the NFFC was exploring the idea of an app, and for all I know it may be used actively now.

-I have a hand held satellite radio. Paying a monthly subscription. Yet barely use it. Struggle to get a signal. Does anyone utilize this in any useful or enjoyable way?

-I enjoy going to a local sports bar and watching all the games. My local place has a great setup where from the right spot you can see 7+ games. Food is great, scenery (waitresses) lovely... I enjoy going there and watching how players are used, how games flow, how offenses are working as opposed to just starting my players and checking the results. this is part of why I don't really ever see myself playing in 10-20 or more leagues like I know many people do. I like rooting for and against players in my games.

Do people enjoy the NFL red-zone? I have never watched it. wondering what media outlets and tools others use to enjoy their fantasy football experience. I am wondering if I am missing out.

Any thoughts and feedback would be appreciated.

[ September 24, 2011, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: Renman ]

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:33 am

i like to use twitter just to do a search on my players. get some interesting info that way.

renman

Post by renman » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:38 am

Matt,

I forgot about twitter. I really didn't put much time into my first post. I did use twitter last year so I could get latest info and updates. It was helpful on occasion with a players situation or maybe even a weather issue in a certain game.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:44 am

I wish the game were spread out a bit more. there are too many games at 1pm and not enough at 4pm imo.

[ September 24, 2011, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: mattjb ]

renman

Post by renman » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:53 am

Matt,

I know, I wish I could REALLY watch more games instead of having my head spinning in the sports bar from 1pm to 4pm (eastern). I too wish they spread them out more. Or even had 2 night games like week one (one early, one west coast).

Chi_Town_FEW

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:58 am

Twitter is great. I use an app called tweetdeck for my IPhone. Follow PFT, Peter King, Football Outsiders, Tom and Greg just to name a few. I follow only fantasy and football guys. You go on there a couple of times a day and there are 10-20 new posts with all the news.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:09 pm

I use an app called called flipboard to follow the twitter updates. I presents them all like a magazine and works great.

I also have Red Zone and LOVE it. I can't imagine watching games without it now. It's great for fantasy football.

The app i use the most is probably Rotowire. It's always up to date and I bet I check it 15 times a day. I tried the primetime app but it really didn't work for me. You have to manually enter your teams as well as your opponents teams. I thought it was going to sync with our leagues but I couldn't find any way to do that so ti's more so geared towards guys with maybe 1-2 teams. It would be way too time consuming to track a lot of teams with that app.

That's about all I can think of now.

Wayne

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:11 am

I use Rotoworld religiously. I'm usually on it about 20-30 times a day. I have the app for my iPhone as well. I usually have my laptop going with about 8 windows up for scoring and also using my iPad too. I do wish that there was a way to consolidate your NFFC teams in one window so that you can switch back and forth between live scoring.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

renman

Post by renman » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:28 am

Colts and gogetta,

When you say you use rotowire and rotoworld, do you mean you regularly visit the website for football updates or do you use some "app?"

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:31 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
I use an app called called flipboard to follow the twitter updates.

Wayne Funny, I use a technique called "coin flip".