Tim Tebow - update - Tebow to the JETS

bobsgym

Post by bobsgym » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:05 am

Originally posted by BobSquad:
On the field I believe Tebow to be a bottom third QB to borderline UPS driver that becomes a middle third under pressure. Most middle third perform like bottom third under pressure.

Looking through your Tebow lenses lovers only see the middle third with little experience (aka upside) and all the haters see are brown trucks in his future.

When lovers look at haters and vice versa all we see are unreasonable positions that can only be explained by a lack of logic.

We all just have to wait and what happens when off the charts intangibles meet bottom of the charts tangibles.

Bob It's funny how posts that aren't directed at one 'side' or the other aren't commented on. I'm not just talking about mine - I know my posts are a little boring.
Wayne Ellis's Waterboy

TR

Post by TR » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:17 am

I see Jets being a fantasy wasteland this season...only Jets I'd consider would be their defense, kicker, and possibly shonne greene since he could have mcgahee like resurgence in their conservative offense...I'd take him below his ADP tho

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:17 pm

Originally posted by TR:
I see Jets being a fantasy wasteland this season...only Jets I'd consider would be their defense, kicker, and possibly shonne greene since he could have mcgahee like resurgence in their conservative offense...I'd take him below his ADP tho Not sure about Greene. Last year I owned him everywhere. All I saw was Sanchez trying to come up with decent stats by throwing 1 yard TD passes or running it in himself. Now Sanchez will probably give way to Tebow at the 5 yard line. Tebow is also likely to run it in himself. Greene will be OK as a flex player at best, drafted after 6 rounds (maybe).

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:08 pm

The Jets are going to revolutionize the qb position!

In an NFL Network interview Sunday, coach Rex Ryan suggested Tim Tebow could play up to 20 snaps a game in the Jets' Wildcat package.
It's roughly a third of a game's projected offensive snaps, and sometimes more depending on time of possession. As Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger notes, 20 snaps is more plays than the Jets ran the Wildcat all last season. The Jets are intent on running a Wildcat-heavy offense, so we wouldn't put it past Ryan and Tony Sparano to get Tebow regular snaps and touches. Mark Sanchez won't be happy coming off the field so often.

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:13 pm

Originally posted by boutrous11:

In an NFL Network interview Sunday, coach Rex Ryan suggested Tim Tebow could play up to 20 snaps a game in the Jets' Wildcat package.
It's roughly a third of a game's projected offensive snaps, and sometimes more depending on time of possession. As Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger notes, 20 snaps is more plays than the Jets ran the Wildcat all last season. The Jets are intent on running a Wildcat-heavy offense, so we wouldn't put it past Ryan and Tony Sparano to get Tebow regular snaps and touches. Mark Sanchez won't be happy coming off the field so often. Revolving QB's has never and will never work. Nobody is happy, there's no rhythm, no confidence...and no playoffs!
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

alanr824

Post by alanr824 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:58 pm

"Tim is going to be a major contributor to our football team," Ryan said. "With the Wildcat specifically, the great thing is you don't know if we're going to run it one snap a game or 20 snaps a game -- you have no idea. Every week, it could be different. That's some of the preparation problems he gives you."

Get the quote right....

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:22 am

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
quote:Originally posted by boutrous11:

It's roughly a third of a game's projected offensive snaps, and sometimes more depending on time of possession. As Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger notes, 20 snaps is more plays than the Jets ran the Wildcat all last season. The Jets are intent on running a Wildcat-heavy offense, so we wouldn't put it past Ryan and Tony Sparano to get Tebow regular snaps and touches. Mark Sanchez won't be happy coming off the field so often. Revolving QB's has never and will never work. Nobody is happy, there's no rhythm, no confidence...and no playoffs!
[/QUOTE]Couldn't agree more with this. There's a reason teams hardly run the Wildcat anymore....the league has figured it out. It's a gimmick and probably not something that can be sustainable as part of an offense for long stretches.

I continue to take the stance that this will have a negative impact on Mark Sanchez and may mess with him enough that he proves ineffective for the snaps he is needed most and that would be known passing downs, something Tebow just isn't ready for in this league.

What I'm most unhappy about is having to listen to Rex address this in his arrogant way each and every week! :D
Go Big Red!

bobsgym

Post by bobsgym » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:22 pm

What a shocker that you guys would feel that way!!!

Couldn't be just falling in line - I'm sure these are reasoned well thought out opinions.

The wildcat has been figured out - somewhat like going for it on 4th and 1. The problem is if it's executed well it's hard to stop.

[ March 26, 2012, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: BobSquad ]
Wayne Ellis's Waterboy

bobsgym

Post by bobsgym » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:03 pm

When Denver was 1-4 and some guy like Al R G tells you that they would make the playoffs and beat Pittsburgh you would have said _______________.
Wayne Ellis's Waterboy

alanr824

Post by alanr824 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:22 pm

Originally posted by BobSquad:
When Denver was 1-4 and some guy like Al R G tells you that they would make the playoffs and beat Pittsburgh you would have said _______________. Thanks Bob, but I would never take the credit for being able to predict what happened last year with Tebow and the Broncos. It was miraculous to say the least, mainly because Tebow was given NO chance at getting it done, and he pulled off an amazing run, of course with his pure "lack of talent". I just wanted to chime in one more time... as I started this thread as a Tebow fan and Jets fan, very excited that he came to my team.. I watched the news conference, which even I think, was unnecessary, but I saw a guy, with not one Jets official, representative, coach or other player beside him, face nearly 300 reporters in the city that was supposedly going to rip him apart, and he took them on, with the same level headed, gracious, and positive outlook and attitude that he has always had and always will have... no matter what New York has to throw at him. After listening to the end of the news conference on WFAN, I heard Mike F briefly, and though I disagree with mostly everything he says about everything, especially this subject, he admitted that not many guys would be able to do what Tebow did today, alone, with no introduction, no typical news conference glamour, just reporters slamming question after question, trying to get him to break.. and handle it with class and integrity. I realize that will not change the anti-Tebows view on anything, it lets me drop off this thread, the way I started it, as a happy Jets season ticket holder and Tebow fan. Funny, I look at the negative posts by the same guys every time and now, really... taking a few days off and looking back, makes it that much more special when Sanchez AND Tebow bring the Jets to the playoffs this year because 2 QBs will NEVER work and the wildcat is a thing of the past and Rex Ryan is a clown and the Jets are a circus and Tebow has no talent and blah blah blah.... OK.... you can continue with your negativity... Love you guys!! See you in the fall!! Time for baseball drafts this weekend!!!