Additional 2008 Rules_Changes?

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:23 pm

The WCOFF recently sent out a questionnaire asking for opinions on dozens of issues, trying to gage puplic opinion on where the event might use improvement. I don't remember the issue of extanding the regular season being part of this questionnaire, although I'm not 100% sure. In either case, I would highly doubt this issue is in the top 10 of the WCOFF ownership "to do" list, and rightfully so. The event has been growing 5 years running with the 11 week regular season and as long as they stay on top of what really matters to the majority of their customer base, they will continue to do so. I seriously doubt that NFFC starting up their own 12-team format would put a significant dent into the WCOFF's participation.

And btw, some of the people here continue to have an obsession with the NFFC putting the WCOFF "out of business" or hurting it somehow. What a waste of time. You guys really need a new nemesis.
For Players. By Players.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:02 pm

Originally posted by Nag':
I seriously doubt that NFFC starting up their own 12-team format would put a significant dent into the WCOFF's participation.

And btw, some of the people here continue to have an obsession with the NFFC putting the WCOFF "out of business" or hurting it somehow. What a waste of time. You guys really need a new nemesis. Nag,

I agree 100% that if the NFFC started a 12 team 3RR format that it most likely wouldn't put much of a dent in WCOFF. They have been a VERY successful high stakes format and their top prize is currently THREE times as large as anyone else in the high stakes industry (to my knowledge).

That being said, I don't think anyone is trying to put WCOFF "out of business" (especially Greg and Tom who have never said a bad word about the WCOFF). However, it is a bit contradictory for you to say others try to put WCOFF out of business, when I can't recall you ever praising the NFFC for anything (most of the time complaining about the NFFC on their boards none the less! :( )

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:20 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
That being said, I don't think anyone is trying to put WCOFF "out of business" (especially Greg and Tom who have never said a bad word about the WCOFF). However, it is a bit contradictory for you to say others try to put WCOFF out of business, when I can't recall you ever praising the NFFC for anything (most of the time complaining about the NFFC on their boards none the less! :( ) I wasn't referring to Greg and Tom.

Whether I am given credit for it or not, as one of the first WCOFFers to play NFFC and someone who is fairly vocal and dare I say - known - in that community, I have probably been a direct, and mostly indirect, reason for dozens of WCOFFers who eventually jumped over here to play NFFC. Had I taken the attitude towards NFFC back in year one when it was just an upstart contest looking for positive PR, which some here have/had towards the WCOFF, and trashed the NFFC every chance I had, I'm betting things would be slightly different with regards to participation around here. So, I feel I don't need to stroke Greg/Tom's ego every chance I get and just because I do not, doesn't mean I wasn't a positive influence on this event. And again, I don't care if anyone knows it or not.
For Players. By Players.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:45 pm

quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
That being said, I don't think anyone is trying to put WCOFF "out of business" (especially Greg and Tom who have never said a bad word about the WCOFF). However, it is a bit contradictory for you to say others try to put WCOFF out of business, when I can't recall you ever praising the NFFC for anything (most of the time complaining about the NFFC on their boards none the less! :( ) Had I taken the attitude towards NFFC back in year one when it was just an upstart contest looking for positive PR, which some here have/had towards the WCOFF, and trashed the NFFC every chance I had, I'm betting things would be slightly different with regards to participation around here.[/QUOTE]So you really believe that you have THAT much influence in the "fantasy football world" that this contest would be different had you not "endorsed" the NFFC???? ..... WOW! :eek:

[/QB][/QUOTE] So, I feel I don't need to stroke Greg/Tom's ego every chance I get and just because I do not, doesn't mean I wasn't a positive influence on this event.[/QB][/quote]

Nobody is saying you should Nag. However, your RECENT comments (by that I mean virtually EVERYTHING this past season) about the NFFC have been negative. So again, no one expects you to stroke Greg or Tom's ego, but what you have done is completely on the other end of the spectrum IMO.

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:52 pm

So you really believe that you have THAT much influence in the "fantasy football world" that this contest would be different had you not "endorsed" the NFFC???? ..... WOW! :eek:
Not only did I not say I have influence in the "fantasy football world", I also didn't suggest this contest "would be different". Just that many people from the WCOFF may not have been playing here.
I think snake may be right, you certainly lack reading comprehension skills. And you're a teacher, right? Oh boy.
For Players. By Players.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:04 pm

Read your post again.

Add in your well-known arrogance and your statement about being a "direct and mostly indirect reason for dozens (DOZENS???)of WCOFFer's who eventually jumped over here to play in the NFFC", and it is IMPLIED what you think of yourself.

Pardon me, you said the contest would be "slightly different" (not "different").

And by the way, I teach SpEd MATH (but do realize when things are IMPLIED). :D

3INTBOY

Post by 3INTBOY » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:16 pm

Thread>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hijacked again.

Can't....get....anything....d....o...n....e

3'

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:17 pm

Read your post again.

Add in your well-known arrogance and your statement about being a "direct and mostly indirect reason for dozens (DOZENS???)of WCOFFer's who eventually jumped over here to play in the NFFC", and it is IMPLIED what you think of yourself.

Pardon me, you said the contest would be "slightly different" (not "different").

And by the way, I teach SpEd MATH (but do realize when things are IMPLIED). :D My words: ...slightly different with regards to participation around here.

And here's an exchange from BFDFantasy boards from this past summer between me and Leroy's Aces , who got involved in the NFFC for the first time in 2007.

****://www.bfdfantasyfootball.com/forum_bfd/vi ... light=nffc

----------------------

Leroy's Aces wrote:
I was considering WCOFF Auction $650 or NFFC Main event, but I cannot get past those payouts. Am I correct that NFFC is still ony a 73% payback? That is worse than keno. Plus, NFFC has a terrible payout for 2nd-5th places. I would like to do the event, just for the chance to perform well. What do you think? You are in NFFC, right? It is a well-run event, but a 27% rake is pretty steep in my opinion, too, but I guess that is the price of playing in these events.

Nag' wrote: I believe the NFFC pays out 78%. You should definitely get involved. The 14-team draft strategy and in-season team management is VERY different from WCOFF and very challenging.

-----------------------

Feeling stupid yet?? Probably not, but you should.

[ January 07, 2008, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: Nag' ]
For Players. By Players.

Sound Advice

Post by Sound Advice » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:31 pm

So, I feel I don't need to stroke Greg/Tom's ego every chance I get and just because I do not, doesn't mean I wasn't a positive influence on this event. Wow!

I nominate the first annual SnakeAward (3 week MB ban) go to anyone who can:
Act all haughty AND, (in my best Jim Rome)
use a quadruple negative in the same sentence.

[ January 08, 2008, 01:47 AM: Message edited by: Sound Advice ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:36 pm

quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Read your post again.

And by the way, I teach SpEd MATH (but do realize when things are IMPLIED). :D My words: ...slightly different with regards to participation around here.

And here's an exchange from BFDFantasy boards from this past summer between me and Leroy's Aces , who got involved in the NFFC for the first time in 2007.

****://www.bfdfantasyfootball.com/forum_bfd/vi ... light=nffc

----------------------

Leroy's Aces wrote:
I was considering WCOFF Auction $650 or NFFC Main event, but I cannot get past those payouts. Am I correct that NFFC is still ony a 73% payback? That is worse than keno. Plus, NFFC has a terrible payout for 2nd-5th places. I would like to do the event, just for the chance to perform well. What do you think? You are in NFFC, right? It is a well-run event, but a 27% rake is pretty steep in my opinion, too, but I guess that is the price of playing in these events.

Nag' wrote: I believe the NFFC pays out 78%. You should definitely get involved. The 14-team draft strategy and in-season team management is VERY different from WCOFF and very challenging.

-----------------------

Feeling stupid yet?? Probably not, but you should.
[/QUOTE]My statement earlier,

"However, your RECENT comments (by that I mean virtually EVERYTHING this past season) about the NFFC have been negative."

still stands true, as your comment was made BEFORE the season. And to add to it, it wasn't even on this site!

Your response to Leroy's Aces is the kind of things you should be posting on THESE boards Nag.... POSITIVE things about the NFFC.

Can you dig up any posts where you said something positive about the NFFC on THEIR boards in the last 5 months?

While there MAY be something out there, it would no doubt be trumped by the numerous negative posts towards the NFFC.

[ January 08, 2008, 06:59 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]