NFFC Ruling On Texans-Ravens Game

Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:39 pm

Just curious Wonder Boy, How much of your roster was affected?

Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:50 pm

If this was some free league on yahoo or for bragging rights among the local gang, it wouldn't be as big a deal.

Sure the NFFC is fun, but goddamn, it's high stakes fun. If you are not in this from the get go with serious intentions of winning it all, you are in the wrong contest.

Every single point matters.

For those keeping score at home, my four replacements netted me 0, 0, 0, 2.8. So a massive 2.8 points from 4 starts. My score, (with Witten left to go) is 58. I've gone from 1.2 points out of 1st place in total points, to roughly 120 out, with more to come.

If you were in my shoes, I think you would feel just a tad different.

stevop24

Post by stevop24 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:53 pm

Fudgie,

Hit without a Pk in a league due to K.Brown, but, alas other than I have Tom Brady in the same league and wasted my FAAB for Cassel I am in real good shape, NOT.

But, in the world of fantasy that's how it goes...

I've been doing this for 5 years and the bottom line is to get into the playoffs and then anything can happen. I nearly won 2 yrs ago while going into the playoffs in 33rd place.

I understand that Andre Johnson is a stud and that Willis McGahee is solid, but, teams that load up on Houston and Baltimore players I am guessing don't have a great chance of success. Of course, it IS FANTASY FOOTBALL and anything can happen since it is a long season and who knows who will come outta nowhere to shine. My Johnson and McGahee comment wasn't meant to slam anyone.

Anyways good luck.

Steve P
"When I walk down the street they'll say there goes Roy Hobbs...The greatest that ever was."

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:11 am

did you say that Willis McGahee is solid??

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:35 am

Originally posted by weber:
quote:Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by edcnp:
Even if people thought the game was moved to Mon when the weather would have no effect, NO ONE ever DREAMED the NFL would solve this
in this manner(has this ever happened before??).
So to solve the kickers & Def solution with "outside of the box" thinking for a "outside of the ever happen before" situation is what is called for... when teams lose by a small margin and have a ZERO for kicker or Def many many managers are going to be very upset and should be...

...agreed, ditto and amen...SNAKE
Remember we paid lots of money and lots of money is on the line and the teams with zero have been "harmed" vs all others if this decsion stands, and when money is involved you know what tends to follow... lets get this right before more damage is done.
[/QUOTE]Not only did some people dream of it, they planned for the worst if the game couldn't be played. And it certainly wouldn't be fair to them that you now get to cover your gamble. Face it Snake, you rolled the dice and they came up snake-eyes. Greg and Tom made their decision, move on.
[/QUOTE]don't you run another league these days?
[/QUOTE]Not that I'm aware of, but if it's making money I'll certainly look forwad to my share of the profits.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:03 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
quote:Originally posted by FI$HER:
Ofcourse their is nuttin that can be done this year .....but to keep any future problems to a minimum in certain situations like Mother nature... maybe NFFC bumps up the NFFC classic to 20 roster spots for the draft with a roster requirement for -

2 QB
2 TE's
2 Kickers
2 Defense
6 RB's
6 WR's

i dunno...their are really no good solutions here....I feel sorry for who ever got fugged unintentionally but its out of NFFC's hands.

More importantly, I hope that the people who really suffered in real life can get back on their feet sooner than later I like the idea of roster expansion, but not so much actual position requirements...I hope this suggestion doesn't get lost in all the others...nice idea FI$HER.
[/QUOTE]Good luck with this. We've tried to get this done since year 1 but the answer is always the same...."it will hurt the F/A pool"

Just for kicks though...I'll throw my name in the hat again as someone who is for the roster expansion.

BTW....Gekko and I tried to get a roster expansion to 19 prior to the playoffs (as a compromise) in year 1 and that didn't fly either.

Why this can't be done I'll never understand.

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:58 am

Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by weber:
quote:Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by edcnp:
Even if people thought the game was moved to Mon when the weather would have no effect, NO ONE ever DREAMED the NFL would solve this
in this manner(has this ever happened before??).
So to solve the kickers & Def solution with "outside of the box" thinking for a "outside of the ever happen before" situation is what is called for... when teams lose by a small margin and have a ZERO for kicker or Def many many managers are going to be very upset and should be...

...agreed, ditto and amen...SNAKE
Remember we paid lots of money and lots of money is on the line and the teams with zero have been "harmed" vs all others if this decsion stands, and when money is involved you know what tends to follow... lets get this right before more damage is done.
[/QUOTE]Not only did some people dream of it, they planned for the worst if the game couldn't be played. And it certainly wouldn't be fair to them that you now get to cover your gamble. Face it Snake, you rolled the dice and they came up snake-eyes. Greg and Tom made their decision, move on.
[/QUOTE]don't you run another league these days?
[/QUOTE]Not that I'm aware of, but if it's making money I'll certainly look forwad to my share of the profits.
[/QUOTE]sorry i thought you were with Lou and those other guys.. my bad.
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:41 am

Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by RedRyder:
quote:Originally posted by FI$HER:
Ofcourse their is nuttin that can be done this year .....but to keep any future problems to a minimum in certain situations like Mother nature... maybe NFFC bumps up the NFFC classic to 20 roster spots for the draft with a roster requirement for -

2 QB
2 TE's
2 Kickers
2 Defense
6 RB's
6 WR's

i dunno...their are really no good solutions here....I feel sorry for who ever got fugged unintentionally but its out of NFFC's hands.

More importantly, I hope that the people who really suffered in real life can get back on their feet sooner than later I like the idea of roster expansion, but not so much actual position requirements...I hope this suggestion doesn't get lost in all the others...nice idea FI$HER.
[/QUOTE]Good luck with this. We've tried to get this done since year 1 but the answer is always the same...."it will hurt the F/A pool"

Just for kicks though...I'll throw my name in the hat again as someone who is for the roster expansion.

BTW....Gekko and I tried to get a roster expansion to 19 prior to the playoffs (as a compromise) in year 1 and that didn't fly either.

Why this can't be done I'll never understand.
[/QUOTE]Well, let's revist history here a bit first. We initially did have 20-man rosters at the start of the NFFC and due to a lot of feedback from our members we scaled back to 18 players before the start of Year 1. The reason was two-fold: It still created a strong free agent pool for all members and it made roster management a stronger part of the competition.

As for adding a 19th or 20th player to the playoff rosters, this is another idea that has been suggested but not implemented. To do this, you'd have to pick a date when teams can expand by 1 or 2 players, thus picking up players in let's say Week 13 without cutting anyone. But I think we all know that not everyone will do that or be able to pick up the players they want and thus we'll be left with some Championship Round teams and some Consolation Round teams with 18 players and others with 19 (or 20). So expanding rosters during the season isn't the simplest of new rule implementations.

I'm sure you understand, Jeff, even if you don't agree. ;)

If there's suddenly a new push for 20-man rosters in the 14-team NFFC starting in 2009, let's hear it. I'll listen to the participants again, just like I've always done.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

ToddZ

Post by ToddZ » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:55 am

A few things have happened since the inaugural NFFC campaign that make revisiting the idea of 20-man rosters worthwhile.

1. Please correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't the NFL altered the distribution of bye weeks, consolidating them?

2. There seems to be a higher occurrence of injury the past couple of years

3. The unfortunate events of this past weekend

Assuming going forward, the policy for incidents like this past weekend is consistent with how it was correctly handled, some, perhaps not all but some will take advantage of the extra roster spots by backing up one or more of their K-D/ST-TE.

Those that don't will take flyers on players that could have been sought-after free agents, but an argument can be made that those that have the foresight to identify the waiver wire hot players before they become common knowledge should have the roster space to do so, and still be able to back up the other positions at their discretion.

I guess in summary, I personally think dynamics have changed in the past 5 years such that the benefits of having 2 more rounds outweigh the downfall of a thinner free agent pool.

Just one man's opinion.
"No one cares about your team but you."

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:15 am

Originally posted by Todd Zola:
A few things have happened since the inaugural NFFC campaign that make revisiting the idea of 20-man rosters worthwhile.

1. Please correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't the NFL altered the distribution of bye weeks, consolidating them?

2. There seems to be a higher occurrence of injury the past couple of years

3. The unfortunate events of this past weekend

Assuming going forward, the policy for incidents like this past weekend is consistent with how it was correctly handled, some, perhaps not all but some will take advantage of the extra roster spots by backing up one or more of their K-D/ST-TE.

Those that don't will take flyers on players that could have been sought-after free agents, but an argument can be made that those that have the foresight to identify the waiver wire hot players before they become common knowledge should have the roster space to do so, and still be able to back up the other positions at their discretion.

I guess in summary, I personally think dynamics have changed in the past 5 years such that the benefits of having 2 more rounds outweigh the downfall of a thinner free agent pool.

Just one man's opinion. Well stated Todd.

Greg, I hope you will re-visit this situation...thanks.
@RedRyder