HHHMMMMMMM....

pizzatyme

HHHMMMMMMM....

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:14 pm

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by UltimateFFCheatsheets:
I must have missed it where someone said it was an easy draft.

I was not attempting to call out this drafter or anyone in particular who made comments trying to minimize the impact of a weak drafter to a league.
Using the hypothetical team drafted does nothing more to support an argument than looking at the results of a draft before the season plays out. I must not fully understand the English language.

Originally posted by UltimateFFCheatsheets:
This provides quality depth at crucial positions that will not be available in most other leagues.
focus on

Originally posted by UltimateFFCheatsheets:
that will not be available in most other leagues.
What does this mean?

Thanks in advance.
[/QUOTE]Let me slow down for you, you appear to need that,

1 weak drafter
Does not mean
That the rest of the draft
Was easy for everyone else.

One weak drafter
COULD and likely WOULD
Leave quality depth
For the balance of the league.

Next time you decide to be an ahole, maybe you should look up the term "not mutually exclusive" when quoting others.

TIA
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

sportsbettingman

HHHMMMMMMM....

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:27 pm

It's a baseball thing...you wouldn't understand. :D ;)

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Team Legacy

HHHMMMMMMM....

Post by Team Legacy » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:54 pm

Just saw this thread. I'll say this..

Obviously after the draft, everyone's analyzing the draft boards. Most 99% of all the teams I saw had a weak spot or two or more. Something questionable, I mean, with 14 team drafts, something is usually up in the air or iffy.

When I came upon this board and started in.... I saw SEVERAL VERY GOOD squads. I started with Rob's and Jack's teams and then saw a few others and I was like WOW. There's alot of good teams here... Somebody then chimed in... "Look at team 7". I did, and then it all made sense.

What can be said but big f'ing deal. Compare it to poker. You take out a donk and stack up before getting to the final table. The final table is what it's all about and TRUST me... it will be competitive til the end.
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

DOOMSDAY

HHHMMMMMMM....

Post by DOOMSDAY » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:59 pm

As stated earlier by somebody else, if their are any beneficiary's to this it would mainly seem to be the two drafters adjacent here. Not neccessarily all 13 teams.

Ted's Cracked Head

HHHMMMMMMM....

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:32 pm

My taking MJD at 2.3 and Witten at 3.3 helped Jack just as much as I left one more stud WR for him just like there were numerous other decisions by one owner or another that either helped or hurt another. This happens in every draft and every league.

Jack had a great draft and it wasn't because one player made a few questionable decisions. To insinuate such is stupid.

[ September 01, 2008, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: Ted's Cracked Head ]
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

slack90

HHHMMMMMMM....

Post by slack90 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:33 pm

ok guys..the owner was very very bad/inexperienced but Im tired of hearing how you would have all liked to have been in this league. The top 2 overall from last year plus the overall from 2006 plus 4 other playoff teams from last year. Let's see the credentials from everyone elses league. im sure Greg will say this is the toughest league in the entire NFFC. The guy made bad picks but truthfully Parker could be very solid( not sold on mendenhall) and if c Johnson SOMEHOW stays healthy he is a top 20 player. the picks that really hurt are all of the injured guys in 6-10. I looked at every draft board in Chicago and there were more bad picks in them than in this league. id rather have 4-5 below avg owners than 1 brutal and the rest VERY good if I were to pick a league to win. If Snake and others dont agree then sack up and come to Chicago were the champs are all from. YES he did draft very bad....but that was more than made up for by the number of great owners present.

Gordon Gekko

HHHMMMMMMM....

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:33 pm

Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:
Jack had a great draft and it wasn't because one player made a few questionable decisions. To insinuate such is stupid. who said it was limited to ONE player?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?