Will KDS Work In 2007?

pizzatyme

Will KDS Work In 2007?

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:48 pm

Originally posted by Eug:
Nag' those are great points. If we switch gears and talk about how to get the greatest number of participants into the NFFC from a growth perspective, I think going down to 12 team leagues would help. My gut feeling is that a lot of people who have never played the 14 team format are intimidated or just don't like the odds of competing against 13 serious FFL'ers to win the league prize money.

If Greg and the NFFC core thought that it would increase participation, I wouldn't be against pairing it down to 12 team leagues. One other thought I had was when/if the wcoff adopt 3RR/KDS in the future, then the NFFC may be at a disadvantage when competing for new players who feel their "odds" would be better in the 12 team leagues.

Also I'm sure one of the main draws of the wcoff event is the bigger grand prize which is partly made possible by the larger pool of players.

Personally, I think the NFFC will start catching up to the wcoff numbers in the years to come partly because of the thoughtful features such as KDS/3RR. Maybe switching to 12 team format would speed up the growth? Just my 2 cents... This is a great post! My ideal league is 12 teamer using 3RR and KDS.

I would almost suggest that the first to do this will be the dominant championship in the industry!

If the NFFC is adamant about keeping its primary league size at 14, then I'd suggest testing the waters with a secondary and separate format for 12 team leagues. I think you could stat by just doing satellites. Then have a playoffs from just the satellite leagues. All of this using 3RR and KDS. This way the NFFC could begin to measure their customer response to a 12 team, 3RR, KDS style of league.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Dave Clum

Will KDS Work In 2007?

Post by Dave Clum » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:40 pm

If one of our more vocal owners does not get the number one pick,and has a bad year.I can not wait for 20 RRRRRRRRR......

GOD Loves You

Will KDS Work In 2007?

Post by GOD Loves You » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:17 am

If the NFFC ever changed to 12 team leagues, I for one, would be out. I have no interest in playing "kids games". I said it before and I'll say it again, 14 team leagues are the reason why I joined the NFFC instead of the *****. Do you want to beat the best??? OR do you want to beat those who are afraid to go against the best??
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

da bears

Will KDS Work In 2007?

Post by da bears » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:03 am

Yeah I agree. 14-team leagues are also the reason I joined the NFFC back in 2004 instead of the other contest and now I'm in my fourth year. Yeah the NFFC isn't as big yet as that other contest, but I do believe its headed in that direction. Watch next year when those other contests start using 3RR in their drafts.
Bauler Shot Caller

pizzatyme

Will KDS Work In 2007?

Post by pizzatyme » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:04 am

Then if they start using 3RR, how will the NFFC get bigger?

They will have the preferred league size of the majority of the FF world, larger prizes, and 3RR.

I don't see how this makes it easier for the NFFC to expand?
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

da bears

Will KDS Work In 2007?

Post by da bears » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:30 am

The NFFC has gotten bigger each year. There is a loyal customer base here and each year more and more players are drawn to the lure of competing in 14-team leagues instead of the standard "easier" 12 team leagues. All i'm saying is that I wouldn't be surprised if more contests started using 3RR next year.
Bauler Shot Caller

Greg Ambrosius

Will KDS Work In 2007?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:46 am

Originally posted by da bears:
The NFFC has gotten bigger each year. There is a loyal customer base here and each year more and more players are drawn to the lure of competing in 14-team leagues instead of the standard "easier" 12 team leagues. All i'm saying is that I wouldn't be surprised if more contests started using 3RR next year. I will say that it would be MUCH tougher for an event like WCOFF to eventually change to 3RR with KDS at this point. 3RR isn't as attractive without KDS, so you really need to do both at once and I'm not sure an established event like that can appease that many owners with a drastic change like KDS/3RR. I might be wrong and Jesse knows his audience better than me and is a smart fantasy gamer himself, but six years in might be tough to institute such a drastic change. And I'm not sure the WCOFF veterans even want KDS/3RR as they seem to scoff at such innovations.

That being said, I do have plans for 2008 to expand on our format and introduce it to more folks. It will start with our baseball event and will evolve into the NFFC next year. It will be a separate contest that introduces some of our best features and allows many more players to participate. The goal is to introduce everyone to our first-rate customer service, solid game site and unique game features while providing a fairly significant grand prize. It's all in my head now, but thanks to Eric Peden it's evolving and will be introduced to my baseball folks by season's end. Football will follow.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

RI WORKHORSE

Will KDS Work In 2007?

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:19 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by da bears:
The NFFC has gotten bigger each year. There is a loyal customer base here and each year more and more players are drawn to the lure of competing in 14-team leagues instead of the standard "easier" 12 team leagues. All i'm saying is that I wouldn't be surprised if more contests started using 3RR next year. I will say that it would be MUCH tougher for an event like WCOFF to eventually change to 3RR with KDS at this point. 3RR isn't as attractive without KDS, so you really need to do both at once and I'm not sure an established event like that can appease that many owners with a drastic change like KDS/3RR. I might be wrong and Jesse knows his audience better than me and is a smart fantasy gamer himself, but six years in might be tough to institute such a drastic change. And I'm not sure the WCOFF veterans even want KDS/3RR as they seem to scoff at such innovations.

That being said, I do have plans for 2008 to expand on our format and introduce it to more folks. It will start with our baseball event and will evolve into the NFFC next year. It will be a separate contest that introduces some of our best features and allows many more players to participate. The goal is to introduce everyone to our first-rate customer service, solid game site and unique game features while providing a fairly significant grand prize. It's all in my head now, but thanks to Eric Peden it's evolving and will be introduced to my baseball folks by season's end. Football will follow.
[/QUOTE]Greg,

I really think handing out the flyers would be the way to go. If you could send us regulars some flyers I would be more then happy to hand them out for some free leagues or something ;)

Serious, If you could hand out flyers and maybe even some Magazines That would help. I try telling everyone I can about the NFFC But with out the Flyers it's tough. I get alot bites for you guys showing the Magazine off with My Pictures In it. But to have something to give people would be great....The other way to go would be a NFL game,Just hand the flyers to everyone....I could also go to the WCRAP draft and hand them out there :D
I.W
Johnny Frisella

Diesel

Will KDS Work In 2007?

Post by Diesel » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:47 am

1- Nag, criticism is expected on a thread that is asking how people feel about the 3RR. But I'm curious...Are there people from the NFFC that take the time to write on the WCOFF boards(and aren't signed up for the WCOFF event), to criticize their customer service and 12 team format? It seems as though you are one who dislikes the NFFC. Dislikes it so much that you're around the NFFC a lot to tell a lot of people. It's a free country and free speech is what these boards are about, but I don't care for the WCOFF and their 12 team format, AND their shabby customer service, but I don't take the time to go to their message boards to tell them that because quite frankly, I don't care enough about that event to do that. Do you at least have any motive, posting here? Do you want to join the NFFC, but just don't like the 12 team format and/or 3rr/KDS? Were you in the NFFC in year 1 and 2 when it was straight random picks?

2-RI Workhorse...I think Flyers are a great idea, but Greg sent me 100 flyers in 2005, and I didn't get one referal. I handed out 65 or so, and put the rest in windows of supermarkets and billboards. No results. It seems pure word of mouth is the best way to bring people in. I've brought in about 5 or 6 people in several different events over the last 3 years, and they were all resulting from conversations at home or people PM'ing me here on the messageboards asking about an event, and eventually signing up after I break down all rules for them and give them different strategies to choose from...

But I still agree, flyers can't hurt...lol

[ June 23, 2007, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: Diesel ]
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."