Will KDS Work In 2007?

King of Queens

Will KDS Work In 2007?

Post by King of Queens » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:13 am

looks like flyers don't work. time to break out the NFFC sandwich board.

Greg Ambrosius

Will KDS Work In 2007?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:14 am

Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by Diesel:
1- Nag, criticism is expected on a thread that is asking how people feel about the 3RR. But I'm curious...Are there people from the NFFC that take the time to write on the WCOFF boards(and aren't signed up for the WCOFF event), to criticize their customer service and 12 team format? It seems as though you are one who dislikes the NFFC. Dislikes it so much that you're around the NFFC a lot to tell a lot of people. It's a free country and free speech is what these boards are about, but I don't care for the WCOFF and their 12 team format, AND their shabby customer service, but I don't take the time to go to their message boards to tell them that because quite frankly, I don't care enough about that event to do that. Do you at least have any motive, posting here? Do you want to join the NFFC, but just don't like the 12 team format and/or 3rr/KDS? Were you in the NFFC in year 1 and 2 when it was straight random picks? Dude, what the hell are you talking about?

I've been in the NFFC main event every year and don't plan on leaving.
I've been nothing BUT a supporter of the NFFC every year.
I'm probably one of a handful of people who have played in both NFFC and WCOFF every year since their inception
I personally brought new participants and WCOFF veterans like 3intboy and Team Legacy to join NFFC.
I am one of the first and one of the most vocal members of the WCOFF and have always been telling all my WCOFF buddies about the NFFC. Most of the WCOFF crossovers you see on these boards know me from the WCOFF in one form or another. I'm not suggesting they learned about the NFFC from me, but when they first came here and saw familiar names like myself hanging around these boards, I'm sure that gave them that much more comfort in jumping in.
I've always been outspoken about certain issues and I don't really care if that upsets anyone here. I try to be respectful and thoughtful in my comments but I will say it exactly how I see it.
[/QUOTE]Yeah, let's get the facts straight here about Alex as he has been an NFFC member since Year One. He has also been a big help in rules changes with the NFFC, suggestions for improvements and for recruiting new members. There's nothing wrong with a dissenting view and Alex has provided them from time to time. That's all good. I actually wasn't looking for all positive comments about KDS/3RR and I know there are some folks who feel the NFFC will never reach the numbers that the WCOFF have because of all of our rules changes.

Alex concurs, but from a fantasy players' perspective I know he likes the rules changes we've made and he knows I'll always listen to any other suggestions he or another NFFC owner may have.

It's all good, Marc. It's all good.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Diesel

Will KDS Work In 2007?

Post by Diesel » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:15 pm

Nag, it's funny how you feel the need to tell it how it is, bluntly, but if someone disagrees with you and has questions about your intentions, you become defensive. The only thing that was wrong with my post is the fact that I didn't know if you even play in the NFFC. Your moniker alone makes me skip over most of what you are writing in the first place, so I don't know you, or about you. With a name like NAG, my IGNORANT thinking tells me you're on the boards to be a freaking NAG. Other than my wrongful statement about your intention to be on these boards just to bash the NFFC, the rest of my post were questions to be answered. You took your own road and got bitchy. To each their own.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Diesel

Will KDS Work In 2007?

Post by Diesel » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:28 pm

Originally posted by David Comings:
quote:Originally posted by Diesel:
1- Nag, criticism is expected on a thread that is asking how people feel about the 3RR. But I'm curious...Are there people from the NFFC that take the time to write on the WCOFF boards(and aren't signed up for the WCOFF event), to criticize their customer service and 12 team format? It seems as though you are one who dislikes the NFFC. Dislikes it so much that you're around the NFFC a lot to tell a lot of people. It's a free country and free speech is what these boards are about, but I don't care for the WCOFF and their 12 team format, AND their shabby customer service, but I don't take the time to go to their message boards to tell them that because quite frankly, I don't care enough about that event to do that. Do you at least have any motive, posting here? Do you want to join the NFFC, but just don't like the 12 team format and/or 3rr/KDS? Were you in the NFFC in year 1 and 2 when it was straight random picks?

2-RI Workhorse...I think Flyers are a great idea, but Greg sent me 100 flyers in 2005, and I didn't get one referal. I handed out 65 or so, and put the rest in windows of supermarkets and billboards. No results. It seems pure word of mouth is the best way to bring people in. I've brought in about 5 or 6 people in several different events over the last 3 years, and they were all resulting from conversations at home or people PM'ing me here on the messageboards asking about an event, and eventually signing up after I break down all rules for them and give them different strategies to choose from...

But I still agree, flyers can't hurt...lol Diesel - to answer your question about #1, yes, Gordon Gekko in previous years did exactly that (Gekko isn't the only one, but the only one that I remember). Went on the other league's message boards and trashed the customer service and 12 team format. The tone of these posts insured that I wouldn't even consider joining the NFFC in the first year or two, and I think it caused a lot of bad will at the time for the NFFC from a number of owners in the other league.
[/QUOTE]David, I never knew guys from the NFFC who didn't play in the WCOFF had words with guys on the WCOFF boards. I've always felt it wasn't my place to go on the WCOFF boards since I don't agree with playing high stakes leagues with 12 teams(just my opinion). If I don't like a league's format, I just don't play it. Why bother going on there to tell everyone they're wrong for playing in the wrong league. I obviously mistook NAG for one of the people who go on boards just to bust balls, and then not even join their event. With all of the time I spend on these boards, you'd think I would have known he has played in the NFFC for so long, but I have a tendency to skip over certain posts when a person's moniker is something like NAG. I guess I judge people too quickly sometimes online.

Nag'

Will KDS Work In 2007?

Post by Nag' » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:43 pm

Originally posted by Diesel:
Nag, it's funny how you feel the need to tell it how it is, bluntly, but if someone disagrees with you and has questions about your intentions, you become defensive. The only thing that was wrong with my post is the fact that I didn't know if you even play in the NFFC. Your moniker alone makes me skip over most of what you are writing in the first place, so I don't know you, or about you. With a name like NAG, my IGNORANT thinking tells me you're on the boards to be a freaking NAG. Other than my wrongful statement about your intention to be on these boards just to bash the NFFC, the rest of my post were questions to be answered. You took your own road and got bitchy. To each their own. Then it's settled. Pease continue skipping over my posts as I will yours. Thank you.

[ June 23, 2007, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: Nag' ]
For Players. By Players.

Diesel

Will KDS Work In 2007?

Post by Diesel » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:52 pm

Originally posted by Nag':
At the risk of interrupting this circle je... you know what, I will say that while 3RR and KDS, along with the 14-team format may be appealing to most here, there are probably just as many who want nothing to do with these features. It's just that they don't post on these boards (and don't join the NFFC) so the feedback here always creates a good impression. WCOFF is about to move into 4-digit participant territory without ANY three-letter innovations AND with below average customer service. It took the NFFC 3 years to go from 224 to 332, and that's considering that Greg and Tom have been the best in the biz. Maybe I'll be proven wrong and this and the following years will bring hundreds of new participants this way, but I think the 14-team format is a tough sell on it's own, and 3RR and KDS (while thoughfull and well-intended) are nothing more than unnecessary distractions to potential customers. NAG, You'd never know that you were a "lifer" in the NFFC with the negative response you gave. This is what gave me the impression that you weren't an NFFC player. I mistook you for someone on here to post your negative thoughts, thinking you are a WCOFF member who has a bad taste for NFFC members. I apologize for pre-judging you. I felt the rest of my post was filled with honest questions to you, which you never answered (David Cummings answered them) because I mistakenly "called you out".

I still feel your post was a bit belittling(even if unintended) of the NFFC. I understand numbers are numbers, but just because the WCOFF gets 1000 entries and the NFFC gets 400, what does it prove? Greg and Tom run a contest different from the masses. That's what people come here for, and the return rate seems to be incredibly steady.

With your opinions on why the NFFC hasn't grown, do you suggest that Greg go to a 12 team, random pick, snake draft, just like the WCOFF?

Don't take this as a verbal attack soley on you...I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from...Your post made it seem as if there is no hope for the NFFC to ever grow if it remains the same. But if you're playing the NFFC every year, you obviously are okay with it, so why would it be crazy to think that more and more people would be okay with it as time goes by.

[ June 23, 2007, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: Diesel ]

Nag'

Will KDS Work In 2007?

Post by Nag' » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:21 pm

Apology accepted but unnecessary. If you can understand the following concept (and I'm sure you can), then you can understand where I stand on the NFFC: one can be a fan of the Houston Texans and also know that they have absolutely no shot to go to the Superbowl.

It's that simple, and no, I don't think the NFFC is on the level of the Texans, but the point is, I can enjoy playing in the NFFC but not necessary believe that the product is very attractive to the average fantasy football player.

It's not belittling at all. It's just being honest. I don't feel the need to adorn Greg and the NFFC with endless compliments, although I do at times, when it's called for. But the greatest compliment I can give the NFFC is to give it my business and to tell others about my experience, which has been excellent.

I hope this explanation has cleared the air.
For Players. By Players.

Diesel

Will KDS Work In 2007?

Post by Diesel » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:04 pm

It's all good Alex.

Marc

TURBOUGH

Will KDS Work In 2007?

Post by TURBOUGH » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:08 am

Originally posted by TURBOUGH:
Are you implementing the KDS as well for 2007 or just the 3RR? Well??

King of Queens

Will KDS Work In 2007?

Post by King of Queens » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:13 am

Originally posted by TURBOUGH:
quote:Originally posted by TURBOUGH:
Are you implementing the KDS as well for 2007 or just the 3RR? Well?? [/QUOTE]KDS was implemented in 2006, and will be used for the foreseeable future.