Importance of having a good QB

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:10 am

In the year of great QB statistical seasons, Brady, Romo, Big Ben, Anderson, etc, it pains me to see our team sit 62 overall and only 40 points out of 2nd knowing we have no quality QB's! In the last 3 weeks we have posted 17.7 points total!!! at the QB position. Poor drafting and very poor roster management and the luck of injury, Delhomme has hurt. You have to go back 5 total weeks for us to outscore Brady from last night, 53 to 49.55! We drafted VY as our number 1 and while I didn't like itwe were like the 11th team to take a QB and the only option we liked besides him was Eli who hasn't been all that good either. So while this a vent that in the year of the QB and stud WR's we completely suck at QB, it is also a place to say drafting a QB who is legit is definitely in my draft plans for next year! Just can't win averaging 12 ppg at the QB position when others are getting 20 plus with their average QB's. Thanks and have a great day!!! :confused:

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:17 am

So where does that put Brady and Manning on your draft board for '08 ?? Top 5 for Tom Terrific ?

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:19 am

YOU RAISE GOOD POINTS HARDHEADS. AS YOU KNOW THOUGH THERE IS NO CORRECT FORMULA. NOW WHEN THE QB POINTS COME DOWN THEN THE RB POINTS SHOOT UP NEXT YEAR THEN WHAT? IN 2009 WE WILL BE BACK TO THE TWO RUNNING BACK THEORY. JUST GO WITH WHAT YOU THINK IS RIGHT. EVERY SEASON IS DIFFERENT AND YOU WILL KILL YOURSELF TRYING TO ACCOMADATE THE NEXT YEAR BASED ON LAST SEASON.

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:24 am

I may draft a QB if I get sloted #1 LOL! I am more concerned with focusing on #1 QB's on offenses that pass the ball like Eli, Favre, Hasslebeck over a VY or trying get cute and do two decent guys, ie Campbell and Schaub and play matchups. Offenses that are comfortable with their QB and offensive situation and pass first for the most part. I still don't see myself going QB that early, but who knows?

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:08 am

Supply and demand. In 2008 the top few QBs next year will go earlier than even this year.

The "turd factor" among the rest of the QBs is too high right now to justify not going after one of the elite ones.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:47 pm

Gotta love havig left 40 points on our bench in 2 weeks and counting VY!!!!! Could be top 30 if our heads weren't in our butts. I let my partner convince me to bench him for John Beck this week and last week we planned on playing him over Griese with all the talk of Rex getting in if he struggled. Oh this may turn out to be the season that could've been............what is it I hear around here? Go with your studs? :mad:

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:08 pm

Originally posted by Hard heads:
Gotta love havig left 40 points on our bench in 2 weeks and counting VY!!!!! Could be top 30 if our heads weren't in our butts. I let my partner convince me to bench him for John Beck this week and last week we planned on playing him over Griese with all the talk of Rex getting in if he struggled. Oh this may turn out to be the season that could've been............what is it I hear around here? Go with your studs? :mad: Wow! Beck was in his first start AT philly and in bad weather! Partners never really work out, esp if you're both opinionated people

Don't worry, you're still in the hunt!
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:05 pm

I hear ya GG! I let him talk me into letting him start him. I told him I wasn't excited at all about the matchup and he just "had a gut feeling" so I swung for the fences with him. Oops!
47 points with good ole VY on our bench in the last 2 weeks, ugh....

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:24 pm

It may not be factual...but it sure seems like players playing on Sunday and Monday night games (with all of their peers watching from home) play better.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:28 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
It may not be factual...but it sure seems like players playing on Sunday and Monday night games (with all of their peers watching from home) play better.

~Lance I hear that Lance....

GO BIG BEN!!!! :D