Importance of having a good QB

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:57 pm

Hard Heads,

I have v.young in a satellite and somehow i'm in 2nd place. I've started guys like Culpepper, Clemens, McCown, Grossman, and Boller. Somehow I've gotten lucky in most weeks but absolutely no security at qb for me. I actually started Boller this week against the Browns but VYoung scored over 30 this week. I just couldn't bring myself to start him against Champ Bailey and company...oddly, it was the best he's looked all year. hard to predict - the nfl that is.

As for drafting a qb, drew brees went early this year but has been average. Same with Bulger and even Manning now for the stretch run. Without looking at what each qb's scoring average is, I would say Favre, Roeslisberger, D.Andeson (of course), and maybe even Romo seem to be the best "bargains" of the year. Next year, however, who knows??

Last thing: there are so many surprises every year, I'm not sure if u can win the NFFC if you stick religiously to the magazine rankings...anyone else's thoughts on that?
-Rich

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:05 am

In the top 36, here are the number of teams that own the QB's that were averaging 25+ PPG coming into this week.....

BRADY - 11
ROMO - 8
D.ANDERSON - 4
ROETHLISBERGER - 6
FAVRE - 5

That is 30 of the top 36 with the top 5 QB's!!!!

Some teams have TWO top 5 QB's...

TOPDOGG - Brady and Anderson
Shrink Attack - Romo and Roethlisberger
CREATIVE SPORTS (Kastner) - Romo & Favre
Cry to Heaven - Brady & Favre

When fantasy football first started you HAD TO have a good QB to win. Then/now it was all about the RB's.

Are we starting to see things revert back to the QB's????

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:24 am

The funny thing about statistics is that you can look into them all you want. It won't make a difference. Each year is different than the one prior to it. A great QB is priceless on a fantasy team. So is a great runningback, a great wide receiver and a great tightend. A great #2 wr and a great defense also helps out.

Yes, it would be great to have Brady this year, but then again, it would be great to have Moss.

I say, if you'd like to make sure you have that GREAT QB, you take him in round 1 next year and don't sleep on him.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."