Week 3 VENT Thread!

The Franchise

Week 3 VENT Thread!

Post by The Franchise » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:06 am

One thing I would like someone to explain though. Exactly what decision did you make this year that makes you so "skillful"?

Next question...why don't you make those kinds of decisions every year? thank god you're not my broker! :eek: [/QB][/quote]

Here is an interesting topic^^^^.

God knows I have made some bad lineup decisions this year, like sitting Schaub last week or Moreno over Benson and so on and so on.

This week felt good to finally make some good decisions for a change. Here are my 2

3City Grudge Match
1.Start F.Taylor over N.Washington or L.Washington

Prime-Time
2.Start B.Marshall over Benson(ya even vs. the Steelers), Bess(ya Marshall had been so bad I considered it) or R.Williams.

Marshall only scored a few more points than those guys, but it still felt good that he had the most pts which made it the right decision. :D
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

Diesel

Week 3 VENT Thread!

Post by Diesel » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:11 am

A venting thread? I love it. I'll turn it into a bitching, moaning and whining thread...

My core guys, who I drafted as much as possible...

Bowe, HURT
Housh, UNDERACHIEVING
Calvin Johnson, CONSISTANTLY "DECENT"

Guys I got at a solid ADP...

Thomas Jones, (Here's TJ in a nutshell this year...This weekend Sanchez runs in for an 11 yard TD head first and reaches over the goalline in what was a sure T.Jones TD...The second goalline attempt, Sanchez throws it to the 19th string TE for a 1 yard TD that should have been a T.Jones TD.)

Westbrook, At the 24th overall pick, along with AP, I thought he'd be a great value pick. NOT. My opinion is he'll be on the injury report for the rest of the season, and there's a chance he may miss a LOT more games than anyone had anticipated.

*Now this one is funny. Comical. I have Coles and Andre Caldwell. I started one of these two each week so far, and the person I BENCH has gotten a TD EVERY FREAKIN' WEEK.

Mike Bell...Thought I had a diamond in the rough with a Primetime draft that I went WR Crazy. I was playoff bound. For a week. LOL

Willie Parker...He does very well. When I BENCH HIM.

Mark Bradley...SAME AS FWP.

That is all for today....ahhhh. Okay, I'm done bitching and moaning.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

KOTRAX

Week 3 VENT Thread!

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:18 am

I WAS GOING TO START A SIMILAR THREAD. :D :D

ALSO I THINK RBBC HAS RUINED THE LANDSCAPE OF FANTASY FOOTBALL TO A DEGREE.

DON'T GET ME WRONG IT IS STILL FUN BUT IN A LEAGUE TODAY WHEN SO MANY TEAMS ROTATE BACKS IT'S CRAZY.

YOU REALLY CAN'T PROJECT ANYTHING.

ALSO HATS OF TO WAYNE FOR THE FIRST THREE WEEKS. HOWEVER ITS EARLY.

AS EDDIE GILLS FROM LAST YEAR. HE STARTED OF LIKE FIRE THEN GOT SQUIRTED OUT BY WEEK 12 OR ROUGHLY THAT.

STILL A LONG SEASON BUT IT STILL WOULD RATHER BE IN WAYNE POSITION THAN MINE. :D :D

AT LEAST RIGHT NOW.

Diesel

Week 3 VENT Thread!

Post by Diesel » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:22 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
I WAS GOING TO START A SIMILAR THREAD. :D :D

ALSO I THINK RBBC HAS RUINED THE LANDSCAPE OF FANTASY FOOTBALL TO A DEGREE.

DON'T GET ME WRONG IT IS STILL FUN BUT IN A LEAGUE TODAY WHEN SO MANY TEAMS ROTATE BACKS IT'S CRAZY.

YOU REALLY CAN'T PROJECT ANYTHING.

ALSO HATS OF TO WAYNE FOR THE FIRST THREE WEEKS. HOWEVER ITS EARLY.

AS EDDIE GILLS FROM LAST YEAR. HE STARTED OF LIKE FIRE THEN GOT SQUIRTED OUT BY WEEK 12 OR ROUGHLY THAT.

STILL A LONG SEASON BUT IT STILL WOULD RATHER BE IN WAYNE POSITION THAN MINE. :D :D

AT LEAST RIGHT NOW. ORMOND,

In the Primtime I have Wayne, Calvin and Housh, and Tony Gonzo, and P. Rivers....With Hightower and Bradhsaw...I thought I'd be a bit better than where I'm ranked right now. But that's the way this game rolls.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

bobsgym13

Week 3 VENT Thread!

Post by bobsgym13 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:24 am

Originally posted by Pats_12:
One thing I would like someone to explain though. Exactly what decision did you make this year that makes you so "skillful"?

Next question...why don't you make those kinds of decisions every year? thank god you're not my broker! :eek: There are a 1000 small decisions that every one of us have made. Unless you are the one guy in FF that prints the ESPN cheatsheet on draft day and flips a coin for lineup decisions ...

If FF teams were stocks, I would choose Billy, Wayne, Snake, GG, Jules, etc. to be my broker. These guys make more good decisions than most of us.

If you flip a coin 1000 times, it will come up heads 474-527 times, 90% of the time. If these guys play in 1000 leagues in their lifetimes, they will finish in the top third 60+% of the time.

It is statistically impossible to attribute that to luck.

Bob

[ September 28, 2009, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Bob Squad ]
Luck in FF is like a game of Russian Roulette. The BWaz's of the world only have one bullet to spin - the rest of us have two. It's still mostly luck, but ...
-By Bob (For Gekko)

ultimatefs

Week 3 VENT Thread!

Post by ultimatefs » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:01 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
No one ever likes to fell “cheated” out of their money. However, I know I have that feeling after three weeks of the NFL season.
Week 1 A.Gonzo 0.0pts (3 out of 4 teams)
Week 2 L.Moore 0.0pts (1 out of 4 teams)
Week 3 F.Gore 0.4 pts (1 out of 4 teams)

At least when someone plays slot machines, they get the excitement of a full spin. Even if you don’t win, you played a whole game (spin). When a player gets hurt at the beginning of the game and doesn’t play the rest of the way, it’s like taking a spin on a $100 slot machine only to have the machine breakdown in mid-spin (and you don’t get your money back). Understandably, frustration level is at an all-time high.

Injuries like that are totally out of our control. There is no way to adjust to this while the game is going on. 10%-15% of the scoring for your team just went to 0. Sure, there’s skill involved in having a good bench for the rest of the season, but again, you have to take a zero for that week. ALL LUCK.

And I’m not even counting the zero’s that healthy players have taken this year (G.Jennings & T.Owens) or surprise gameday inactives (W.Welker) or semi-surprise inactives (B.Westbrook & D.Bowe). And I’m not counting, now more than ever, coaches are playing it closer to the vest with injury information.

Before the season started, I knew luck played a much more significant part of the equation than many of you thought. It’s hard to believe, but after three weeks I have increased the luck %. It will never get to the level of slot machines (ALL luck), but I’m realizing it’s closer to that than what I thought.

As someone asked me yesterday, “why do I continue playing if it’s so much luck”. There are many reasons, but the most significant include:
1. I’ve been good enough and lucky enough to make a profit in 4 of the 5 years I’ve played high stakes fantasy football
2. If I lose money in fantasy football, I can use it as a write-off for my fantasy baseball winnings
3. I’ve been playing fantasy football for years, and old habits die hard Your 19th active roster spot should cover all ills. :D
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Glenneration X

Week 3 VENT Thread!

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:34 am

Skill = Seeing that Willis McGahee would have a larger role than most of the experts stated and getting him late on plenty of my Fantasy football teams.

Luck = Losing 3 of my top 5 picks (MBIII, AGon, McNabb) in the NFFC Classic in the first two weeks.

Lack of Skill = Sitting V. Davis, K. Moreno, & N. Burleson across all my teams yesterday for players like J. Finley, T. Hightower, T. Ginn & J. Edelman amongst other non-performers.

Skill plays a factor, luck plays a factor, and in the end you'll have a winner.
This argument is an old one but does it really even matter.....those who win will have earned my respect (and more importantly some cash)....hopefully I can be one of them.

Glenn

Tom Kessenich

Week 3 VENT Thread!

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:40 am

Glenn, I don't think it was a lack of skill to bench Moreno. He popped up with a groin injury on Friday and was listed as questionable. All the way until game time it was uncertain if he'd play or how much he'd play if he was active. The safe move was benching him. I'm a Moreno owner too and it sucked watching him produce and look real good but a groin injury on a RB is a very concerning injury ordinarily. I'm not kicking myself for benching him in the league I have him. I made what I consider to be the safe and smart call. It just didn't work out. It happens.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

bobsgym13

Week 3 VENT Thread!

Post by bobsgym13 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:40 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
Skill = Seeing that Willis McGahee would have a larger role than most of the experts stated and getting him late on plenty of my Fantasy football teams.

Luck = Losing 3 of my top 5 picks (MBIII, AGon, McNabb) in the NFFC Classic in the first two weeks.

Lack of Skill = Sitting V. Davis, K. Moreno, & N. Burleson across all my teams yesterday for players like J. Finley, T. Hightower, T. Ginn & J. Edelman amongst other non-performers.

This argument is an old one but does it really even matter.....those who win will have earned my respect (and more importantly some cash)....hopefully I can be one of them.

Glenn Good post with one exception:

...does it really matter...

If that is the threshhold we need to meet to post on these boards then we need to shut 'em down.

Bob
Luck in FF is like a game of Russian Roulette. The BWaz's of the world only have one bullet to spin - the rest of us have two. It's still mostly luck, but ...
-By Bob (For Gekko)

Raiders

Week 3 VENT Thread!

Post by Raiders » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:41 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:

Glenn Glenn you don't respect yourself? :D

John