Braylon Edwards to the J E T S

botherk

Post by botherk » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:09 am

It should be interesting to see if Edwards can play for a no-nonsense coach instead of a no-sense coach.
Whatever happens with him will happen quickly, I can see him flourish, I can see him wash out. It depends on how much character he has and so far he hasn't shown much.
A great trade for the Browns no matter how it is looked at. They've booted their Milton Bradley out the door and will move on.
Now, if they can rid themselves of their Ted Turner of a coach, maybe they can go out and find some respectability.
I am surprised it was the Jets on the other side of the deal. With each passing week, Jerry Jones has to look at that big scoreboard and realize that there is no seperation from his wide receivers. By now, I would have thought that Brandon Marshall (too late now) or a washout like Edwards would be packing for Dallas.

[ October 07, 2009, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: DOUGHBOYS ]
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Here are some names for football players.
Ouch, Hitcha, Juke, Blitz

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:11 am

As a Furrey and Stuckey owner, I'm feeling pretty good about this as long as Anderson stays the qb as this team will HAVE to throw the football within their division. We'll just have to see how the target pecking order shakes out now that Edwards is gone.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:59 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:
I am surprised it was the Jets on the other side of the deal. I'm not surprised with the Browns' choice of trading partners here at all.

Back in April, the Browns and Jets made a deal involving the Browns pick (which was used to take Mark Sanchez) in exchange for some lesser Jets players/picks. Same thing happened today -- the semmingly better player was moved for a package of "nobodies". The key in both moves is Mangini's history with those reserve players. In my opinion, neither of these moves would have happened if Mangini were not in Cleveland. Stuckey and Trusnik are players that Mangini previously coached and liked. Same deal with Brett Ratliff, Abram Elam and Kenyon Coleman back in April.

botherk

Post by botherk » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:09 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:
I am surprised it was the Jets on the other side of the deal. I'm not surprised with the Browns' choice of trading partners here at all.

Back in April, the Browns and Jets made a deal involving the Browns pick (which was used to take Mark Sanchez) in exchange for some lesser Jets players/picks. Same thing happened today -- the semmingly better player was moved for a package of "nobodies". The key in both moves is Mangini's history with those reserve players. In my opinion, neither of these moves would have happened if Mangini were not in Cleveland. Stuckey and Trusnik are players that Mangini previously coached and liked. Same deal with Brett Ratliff, Abram Elam and Kenyon Coleman back in April.
[/QUOTE]You're right.
I should have prefaced it by saying there were teams in more need of a wide receiver than the Jets.
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Here are some names for football players.
Ouch, Hitcha, Juke, Blitz

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:19 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

[/QUOTE]You're right.
I should have prefaced it by saying there were teams in more need of a wide receiver than the Jets.
[/QUOTE]This would be my top 5:

1. Oakland: Murphy, Heyward-Bey, Schilens(hurt), Walker(hurt)

2. Miami: Ginn, Bess, Camarillo, Hartline

3. Dallas: Williams(hurt), Crayton, Austin, Hurd

4. NY Jets: Cotchery, Stuckey, Clowney, Smith -- BTW this has to be the most ridiculous sounding group of WR names in NFL history

5. Chicago: Hester, Bennett, Knox, Churches, Aromasmella

cdavault

Post by cdavault » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:21 am

why has no one mentioed Sanchez? does this move make him a sure thing or a really high level back up QB?

I think this move could make sanchez a consistant fantasy starter.

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:32 am

I have Sanchez backing up P. Manning who is on the bye week 6 and I'm feeling pretty good about that week now.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:42 am

][/QUOTE]This would be my top 5:

1. Oakland: Murphy, Heyward-Bey, Schilens(hurt), Walker(hurt)

2. Miami: Ginn, Bess, Camarillo, Hartline

3. Dallas: Williams(hurt), Crayton, Austin, Hurd

4. NY Jets: Cotchery, Stuckey, Clowney, Smith -- BTW this has to be the most ridiculous sounding group of WR names in NFL history

5. Chicago: Hester, Bennett, Knox, Churches, Aromasmella [/QB][/quote]

Cleveland now tops that list by far LOL.

[ October 07, 2009, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: boutrous11 ]

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:49 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Just some quick observations.....

- M.Mossoquoi should be a hot pickup this week, but now HE is gonna be the one getting the constant double teams. Last week, he wasn't paid attention to, now he will get ALL the attention. Can he produce??? I expect bids to be ALL OVER THE PLACE trying to answer that question.

M&M's will definately be the F/A candy of choice this week Billy. It's amazing that people don't learn the that 1 weeks stats don't make a stud player...especially with the 2009 Cleveland QB's.

Buyer beware...the double teams are coming...the schedule is horrible ...and oh yeah isn't that the same D.Anderson (that threw 3 picks in one HALF of football 2 weeks ago) wingin it?

Who was that famous reciever from Cleveland that lit it up a few years ago...hmmmm...Frizzy Jackson.

He was a real stud...for one week anyway! :D

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:55 am

Originally posted by boutrous11:
Cleveland now tops that list by far LOL. Ah, if they could only trade with themselves. What an incredible fall in just two years:

2007 Cleveland Browns
Record: 10-6

Derek Anderson
298 for 527, 3787 yards passing, 29 TDs, 19 INTs

Jamal Lewis
298 carries, 1304 yards (4.4 YPC), 9 TDs
30 receptions, 248 yards, 2 TDs

Kellen Winslow Jr.
82 receptions, 1106 yards, 5 TDs

Braylon Edwards
80 receptions, 1289 yards, 16 TDs

Joe Jurevicius