Who's Coming To The 2005 NFFC?

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:25 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
We're glad to welcome back our 126th team from 2004 to the 2005 main event, although it's missing a key part. The tag team of David Lichtman and David Fisher competed in New York League 6 last year, leading Kate & Halle (you'll have to ask them which one was Kate and which one was Halle) to an 8-5 finish. They scored 1,559.55 points (126th overall) during the regular season and 432.82 points during the Consolation Round. This year David Fisher of North Smithtown, New York and his brother, Ryan, of Davie, Florida, will be drafting a team at the New York Hilton on Saturday, Sept. 3rd, filling up our fifth league in New York. David Lichtman would love to return to the NFFC, but he recently found out that his wife is having twins and that, along with the addition of a new house, has him occupied for the next year. Good luck Mr. Lichtman with the babies and best of luck to David and Ryan Fisher in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize and the $5,000 league prize. Beers are on us in New York! Greg, thank you for the warm welcome back!

As you mentioned, I have lost my partner last year and that is unfortunate. But atleast Mr. Lichtman has alot of great things to look forward to that surpasses the importance of fantasy football. Btw - He is Kate, I am Halle. We named our team after our two infant daughters. In 2005, things will be different though for me as well because in 2004, Halle was only 8 months old during the start of the football season. She would just sit and lay there, chilling out when I was watching the games on Sunday Ticket @ home. She would look at me like I had 4 heads when one of my players would break a long run, score a TD, etc. because I would practically place her arms in the air to signal a TOUCHDOWN. Now she is 19 months, so my time in front of the tv with a little toddler who is raring to go and play, run around, etc......well let's just say I probably will miss alot of action on Sunday afternoon this year. But I did compensate with the Sirius Sporster hookup for the car and the portable Sirius boom box for else where :D

Look forward to gunning for the 100 large!

Good luck to all :D
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:25 am

Originally posted by Dr. FI$HER:
Just to set record straight for FI$HER. David and I are first cousins not brothers. We teamed up together in the innagural WCOFF making it to the league championship game. I competed in WCOFF for 2 more years with another league championship under the belt and decided to make the change for several reasons. I can clearly see NFFC is where its at. Greg, you know how to take care of your peops. I look foward to displaying my talents and putting my 15 years of fantasy experience to the test. Cousins can be like brothers, right? :D I officially made the change above, but you guys will always be brothers to me.

Seriously, glad to have you on board. We'll make a late run with August signups and get to 350. The multi-city format is here to stay and we hope to expand to more cities in future years. As far as taking care of people, that's the easy part. We have a lot of fun with this throughout the year and we do the same thing for our baseball members. Our motto is: Treat the customer the way we'd want to be treated if we were on the other side. So naturally Tom and I buy drinks on Draft Day and soak up the camraderie. Exactly what we'd want if we paid $1,250 to play.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:36 am

We start our sixth league in New York for the main event with the return of our 127th team from 2004. Let's give it up for Julian Curry of North Bethesda, Maryland, who will be returning to the New York Hilton on Saturday, Sept. 3rd for the main event. Julian led his GimmeDaLoot team to a 5-8 record in New York League 3 last year, finishing 143rd overall with 1,536.1 points. GimmeDaLoot then scored 421.17 points in the Consolation Round. Julian is excited to be returning to the 2005 event this year and he promises a better finish. Thanks for choosing us again this year, Julian, and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize and the $5,000 league prize.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:48 am

New York is making a strong push for the most participants in the NFFC main event as we now have 72 there after having 84 there last year. Our latest signup becomes our 128th returning member from 2004 as Ken St. George of Cortland Manor, New York will be returning to the New York Hilton on Saturday, Sept. 3rd. Ken led his Doomsday team to a 6-7 finish in New York League 4 last year, finishing 52nd overall with 1,696.65 points, just missing a money finish in his league. Doomsday then finished 47th overall in the Consolation Round with 537.92 points. Welcome back to the NFFC, Ken, and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize and the $5,000 league prize.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:07 am

New York is making a strong push for the most participants in the NFFC main event as we now have 72 there after having 84 there last year. greg - some people are smart. they see me going to vegas and they don't want to risk being in the same league so they go to NY or Chi-town
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:09 am

I think the people who are going to NY clearly want to hang out with me. Perfectly understandable.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:55 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
New York is making a strong push for the most participants in the NFFC main event as we now have 72 there after having 84 there last year. greg - some people are smart. they see me going to vegas and they don't want to risk being in the same league so they go to NY or Chi-town [/QUOTE]They'll still be competing for the $100K against you. I hope you're ready this year because you have a lot of eyes on you this year. Not sure how you handle a lot of men looking at you! ;)

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:36 pm

They'll still be competing for the $100K against you. I hope you're ready this year because you have a lot of eyes on you this year. Not sure how you handle a lot of men looking at you! ;) ha! thanks for making me laugh. we need the cheetah girls
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:42 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
New York is making a strong push for the most participants in the NFFC main event as we now have 72 there after having 84 there last year. greg - some people are smart. they see me going to vegas and they don't want to risk being in the same league so they go to NY or Chi-town [/QUOTE]Yea, it has nothing to do with the fact that the flights to Vegas are twice as much or that most of the people that are going to Chicago or New York live close by. :rolleyes:

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:09 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
New York is making a strong push for the most participants in the NFFC main event as we now have 72 there after having 84 there last year. greg - some people are smart. they see me going to vegas and they don't want to risk being in the same league so they go to NY or Chi-town [/QUOTE]Yea, it has nothing to do with the fact that the flights to Vegas are twice as much or that most of the people that are going to Chicago or New York live close by. :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]Detroit to Vegas - $248 round trip
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!