Who's Coming To The 2005 NFFC?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:03 am

The hits keep coming as we welcome back our 135th team from 2004 to the 2005 main event. Let's give it up for Chris Surawski of Berkley, California, who will be returning to the Chicago Oakbrook Marriott on Saturday, Sept. 3rd for the big event. Chris led his GridIron Freaks team to an 8-5 finish in Chicago League 1 last year, finishing 99th overall with 1,605.45 points. The GridIron Freaks then finished with 436.60 points in the Consolation Round. Chris has family in Chicago and is heading there for the holiday weekend, rather than join us in Sin City. Thanks for your trust and support again, Chris, and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize and the $5,000 league prize.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:39 am

What a great way to start out the week as the Chicago entrants keep on coming in. We are now close to filling our fourth main event league there and we're working on our 16th league overall. Last year we had four total leagues in Chicago and we'll easily surpass that in 2005. Let's give it up for the tag team of Thomas Greenwald of Hoffman Estates, Illinois and Mike Sak, who will be joining us for the NFFC's main event at the Chicago Oakbrook Marriott on Saturday, Sept. 3rd for the main event. Tom and Mike become our 54th team in Chicago, leaving us with two open spots there for a fourth full league. Thanks for your trust and support, guys, and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize and the $5,000 league prize.

Thomas has also signed up for the Draft Champions League in Chicago on Friday, Sept. 2nd and will team with Al Szczepaniak for that event. Tom and Al competed in the New York/Chicago Draft Champions League last year, leading their Circle Bar Scavengers team to a fourth place finish with 2,304 points, just missing a money finish by 20 points. Great job last year guys and best of luck this year in the hunt for the $4,250 Draft Champions League prize.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:13 am

Wow, what a day. Let's give it up for yet another new member of the growing NFFC family as Michael Minnich of Wernersville, Pennsylvania has just signed up for the NFFC's main event at the New York Hilton on Saturday, Sept. 3rd. Michael is new to our family of high-stakes events and we welcome him with free gifts and free drinks. Michael becomes our 80th signup in New York as we're closing in on our sixth full league there. Thanks for your trust and support, Michael, and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize and the $5,000 league prize.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:15 am

We're glad to welcome another industry professional to the National Fantasy Football Championship as Ted Kasten of Draft Dynamix.com becomes our 136th returning team from 2004. Ted will also be offering a free download of his 2005 software to NFFC members soon, so look forward to that announcement on Wednesday. Ted will be with me in Las Vegas for the Fantasy Sports Trade Conference Aug. 31-Sept. 1, but he has decided to fly back to his hometown of Chicago for the NFFC's main event. Ted becomes our 55th owner in Chicago, leaving us one signup away from a fourth full league. Team Kasten struggled in Las Vegas League 4 last year, finishing 4-9 with 1,431 points, but Ted is ready for a money finish this year. Thanks for all your trust and support again this year, Ted, and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize and the $5,000 league prize.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:32 pm

Glenn Schroter has grabbed the 14th and final spot in the debut NFFC Ultimate League on Sunday, Sept. 4th. This will fill the league up and I'll finalize all owner spots tomorrow. We'll wait a bit before running the credit cards on these and pulling the draft spots, but this looks like an excellent group of competitors. Should be a blast. Thanks Glenn and best of luck in the hunt for the $37,500 in available prizes.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:09 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Glenn Schroter has grabbed the 14th and final spot in the debut NFFC Ultimate League on Sunday, Sept. 4th. This will fill the league up and I'll finalize all owner spots tomorrow. We'll wait a bit before running the credit cards on these and pulling the draft spots, but this looks like an excellent group of competitors. Should be a blast. Thanks Glenn and best of luck in the hunt for the $37,500 in available prizes. glenn - i tried to warn you not to join, as you will meet with the same fate as the other 12 owners...good luck
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:36 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Glenn Schroter has grabbed the 14th and final spot in the debut NFFC Ultimate League on Sunday, Sept. 4th. This will fill the league up and I'll finalize all owner spots tomorrow. We'll wait a bit before running the credit cards on these and pulling the draft spots, but this looks like an excellent group of competitors. Should be a blast. Thanks Glenn and best of luck in the hunt for the $37,500 in available prizes. glenn - i tried to warn you not to join, as you will meet with the same fate as the other 12 owners...good luck [/QUOTE]C'mon, Mark. You know it's going to be fun.

I'm hoping that Team GekkoDyv are drafting far away from me -- me at #1 and you at #14

[ August 08, 2005, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: King of Queens ]

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:34 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Glenn Schroter has grabbed the 14th and final spot in the debut NFFC Ultimate League on Sunday, Sept. 4th. This will fill the league up and I'll finalize all owner spots tomorrow. We'll wait a bit before running the credit cards on these and pulling the draft spots, but this looks like an excellent group of competitors. Should be a blast. Thanks Glenn and best of luck in the hunt for the $37,500 in available prizes. glenn - i tried to warn you not to join, as you will meet with the same fate as the other 12 owners...good luck [/QUOTE]C'mon, Mark. You know it's going to be fun.

I'm hoping that Team GekkoDyv are drafting far away from me -- me at #1 and you at #14
[/QUOTE]Draft position does not matter, you are playing for 2nd place.

Gekko and I are in it for the money. We don't care about fun or drafting players we like or any of that nonsense. Cash. Greed is Good.

Dyv
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:51 am

Originally posted by Dyv:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

[/QUOTE]Draft position does not matter, you are playing for 2nd place.

Gekko and I are in it for the money. We don't care about fun or drafting players we like or any of that nonsense. Cash. Greed is Good.

Dyv
[/QUOTE]I love the "take no prisoners" approach--it should serve you well come September 4th. However, it may lead to bitter disappointment when the title does NOT happen.

Bank on it.

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:47 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
We're glad to welcome back our 133th team from 2004 to the 2005 event as Richie Primo of Sewell, New York will be returning to the New York Hilton on Saturday, Sept. 3rd for the NFFC's main event. Richie's Grid Reapers stumbled out of the gate last year and had to deal with some jail time from Jamal Lewis and injuries and ..... well, you get the story as the Grid Reapers finished 5-8 in New York League 2 with 1,330.25 points. The Grid Reapers then finished 68th overall in the Consolation Round with 505.58 points. Richie heads Primo Hoagies Inc. and some day we'll commission his company for some big-time snacks in New York. For now we welcome him back to the main event and wish him best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize and the $5,000 league prize.

Richie and Tom Rossi have also signed up for the New York Draft Champions League in New York on Friday, Sept. 2nd at the New York Hilton. We now have that league half filled and will finish the rest of the field over the last three weeks. Thanks guys and best of luck in the hunt for the $4,250 first place prize in that league. Hey Greg. That's Sewell, New Jersey (not NY)...not that it matters. I'm a born-and-raised South Philly boy, but we have to move on sometimes. Looking forward to the Draft Champions League, and I'll do my best to bring some hoagies for that event. Unfortunately, Tom and I are bringing the wives with us to stay over on Friday night, so the league fee just went up ten-fold for me when she is through shopping and the like. It could be worse though...my girlfriend could be coming instead. ;)
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.