Week 1 Thoughts

renman

Week 1 Thoughts

Post by renman » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:05 am

-Is there a more pathetic LOOKING offense to watch than the Miami Dolphins? It is just painful.. even when they move the ball it is hard to watch. The goofy trick plays.. pennington going through his 3 quick progressions and then dumping it off for a 2 yards gain, immediately throwing it away or taking a sack... painful to watch. Unlike the problem in Dallas, they could have a scoreboard 12 feet off the turf and his passes would never hit it.

-Is there anything more irritating than watching guys that prior to the drafts you said "I must have him on my team", getting said player(s) on zero teams, and then watching them not only produce, but produce in a way that makes you think they will produce regularly? Romo, Hasselbeck, Kevin Smith, Hester, etc...

-It looks like Brady will be whipping it down the field all day, all game, running up some sick PPR points for Welker and Moss. Their defense might be bad enough to create shootouts... The only hope to slow that is if that offensive line struggles to protect him against better pass rushing defenses.

-Speaking of pass rushes.. The Chiefs were pathetic... any QB going against that defense is likely to have a good day.

-I can't help thinking that if I had Calvin Johnson I would much prefer Culpepper playing QB.

-I can't imagine the Panthers would give Jake D. a new fat contract if they did not see something good in practice and on film (against anyone not called the eagles). I would save my panic until I see him play a few more games. Sometimes games blow up and go bad... that happened to happen the last two times vs Eagles.

-I think the Redskins offense, and yes.. specifically Jason Campbell, will surprise regardless of what happened VS a tough Giant defense yesterday.

-I told myself to be wary of Colston due to how many weapons the Saints have and how stats can get spread around. I took him anyway.. scores quick in first game... his team scores 40something points... and barely sees a ball the rest of the game...

Week two can't get here fast enough...

Raiders

Week 1 Thoughts

Post by Raiders » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:22 am

'I told myself to be wary of Colston due to how many weapons the Saints have and how stats can get spread around. I took him anyway.. scores quick in first game... his team scores 40something points... and barely sees a ball the rest of the game...'

What does Colston end up with stat wise at the end of the year?

My best guess is:

105-rec. 1,175-yards 13-TD's. Would you be happy with that? What do you think his stats will be James and anyone else?

John

[ September 15, 2009, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

botherk

Week 1 Thoughts

Post by botherk » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:28 am

Originally posted by Renman:
-Is there a more pathetic LOOKING offense to watch than the Miami Dolphins?I'll see your Dolphins and raise the Browns.
Quinn's indeciseveness, Mangini's playcalling, especially using Cribbs in the wildcat near the goal line, classic.
Maybe this week Mangini won't name a starting running back :eek:
His last name spelled backwards is enigmatic, (alright, close enough!), which describes his play calling.
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Here are some names for football players.
Ouch, Hitcha, Juke, Blitz

RWyatt

Week 1 Thoughts

Post by RWyatt » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:27 am

Originally posted by da bears:

I'll have to give the Packers credit as that was a great play call on third down to win the game. I'm not still sure why the Bears have Cutler slinging the ball all over the place as they didn't committ to running the ball enough with Forte. Look for another 3-4 ints by Culter if the Bears go with the same game plan next week against the Steelers. They ran the ball, just not very well.

Forte ran the ball 25 times. More than any back save one. The Bears as a team ran the ball 31 times, which was more than any other losing team except Oakland which ran it 32 times.

The Bears offensive line is just not very good. Their RT and LG have 3 career starts, including Sunday. The other three lineman (Garza, Kreutz,and Pace)are already collecting a pension from the NFL. Cutler was on the run most of the time.

With Urlacher and Tinoisamo hurt and out, the so-so Bears defense will have the offence playing catch-up all year.

Forte owners might be disappointed this year.

Sandman62

Week 1 Thoughts

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:34 am

John,

We have Colston in the Classic. I think he's still good for 95/1200/12.

Raiders

Week 1 Thoughts

Post by Raiders » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:40 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
John,

We have Colston in the Classic. I think he's still good for 95/1200/12. Great minds think alike. How come you don't have Colston in your Primetime?

John

pizzatyme

Week 1 Thoughts

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:48 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:
quote:Originally posted by Renman:
-Is there a more pathetic LOOKING offense to watch than the Miami Dolphins?I'll see your Dolphins and raise the Browns.
Quinn's indeciseveness, Mangini's playcalling, especially using Cribbs in the wildcat near the goal line, classic.
His last name spelled backwards is enigmatic, (alright, close enough!), which describes his play calling.
[/QUOTE]Somewhere in this conversation enters the Rams.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Raiders

Week 1 Thoughts

Post by Raiders » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:52 am

Originally posted by Just Russ:
quote:Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:
quote:Originally posted by Renman:
[/QUOTE]Somewhere in this conversation enters the Rams.
[/QUOTE]They now play in the UFL. :D

Old School

Week 1 Thoughts

Post by Old School » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:41 pm

That Calvin TD recall was just sickening. I thought replay was invented to get calls correct? That was a CLEAR TD.

P.S. R Bush is a brittle bum bust this year for a 3rd/4th round pick, where I saw him go each time

That is all..

rkulaski

Week 1 Thoughts

Post by rkulaski » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:50 pm

Originally posted by Raiders:
'I told myself to be wary of Colston due to how many weapons the Saints have and how stats can get spread around. I took him anyway.. scores quick in first game... his team scores 40something points... and barely sees a ball the rest of the game...'

What does Colston end up with stat wise at the end of the year?

My best guess is:

105-rec. 1,175-yards 13-TD's. Would you be happy with that? What do you think his stats will be James and anyone else?

John I think Colston will be fine. he is the BEST wr on that team and #1 option in the passing game. Legit concern because the saints do have so many weapons but brees will target him plenty against better competition. just my opinion.