ADP Report No. 2 sent

Robert Edwards

ADP Report No. 2 sent

Post by Robert Edwards » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:04 am

In looking over the ADP, one thing I think is surprising. The consensus of "best" available players/defenses is striking very deep into the draft.

I was working on my probabilities and noted that 209 of the first 213 players/defenses taken were taken in all six leagues. That is about a 98% consensus with only a few rounds left to go. And the four players not chosen (one QB and three WR) were "missed" in only one of the leagues (i.e. drafted five out of six times).

Just fun facts.
Wayne Edwards

The "other" Wayne

pizzatyme

ADP Report No. 2 sent

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:19 am

It appears that the cat is out of the bag. People are in L-O-V-E with the WRs and willing to wait for the "tremendous depth" at RB.

Could we see the reverse of year's past where WRs go early and often and the Gurus of the world load up at other positions while waiting for quality but unsexy WRs?

[ August 26, 2009, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: Just Russ ]
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Greg Ambrosius

ADP Report No. 2 sent

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:12 pm

The ADP report is mighty interesting, but I think a lot will happen between now and then.

I've seen just about every KDS preference for the pay leagues so far, and I'll admit that more people are going for 10-14 than 1-4. That being said, looking at this ADP, 1-3 could start out with:

1. Adrian Peterson, Clinton Portis
2. MJD, Marion Barber
3. Matt Forte, Brandon Jacobs

The turns are possibly Witten, Chad Johnson and Vincent Jackson, which isn't bad either. So the top isn't as poor as some folks think.

You can still change your KDS preferences through tomorrow morning in the main events, so I won't ask anyone what their preference is now. But I will ask, did the ADPs get you to move them slightly? :D And if so, which way? I'm here for a bit before doing a Live Chat on FootballGuys.com here:
http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/in ... owforum=25

so let's chat.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Chi_Town_FEW

ADP Report No. 2 sent

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:03 pm

I moved mine closer to the top. I was looking to take a WR first all along and will take one with the first pick overall if I get it. I DONT want it, but in putting my sheets together there are 4 WRs, barring injury, I feel can go 100/1300/10. I want one of my top 2 so as crazy as a WR at #1 sounds I will do it. I went 3 WR with my first 3 picks in the main event last year and was real happy with my team. Glad I looked at this now after work to change my ADP. Not like it will help but we will see. Good times.

Gordon Gekko II

ADP Report No. 2 sent

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:01 am

Originally posted by Chi_Town_FEW:
I moved mine closer to the top. I was looking to take a WR first all along and will take one with the first pick overall if I get it. I DONT want it, but in putting my sheets together there are 4 WRs, barring injury, I feel can go 100/1300/10. I want one of my top 2 so as crazy as a WR at #1 sounds I will do it. I went 3 WR with my first 3 picks in the main event last year and was real happy with my team. Glad I looked at this now after work to change my ADP. Not like it will help but we will see. Good times. if you 100% want a WR in the first round, MOVE #1 down your KDS ranking.