Roy Williams gets a silver star

wayne123

Post by wayne123 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:58 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by Eddiejag:
Terrell has been doubled team all year and this is why his catches are down , with Roy Williams now aboard you are going to have to play him also this can only help T.O. The players who get hurt are Crayton and Miles as they wont be on the field as much. Just my opinion , i could be wrong but i doubt it. ...c'mon LLCEJ, TO is being jammed at the line with a safety coming over but more and more defenses are not even rolling over a safety after seeing TO's inability to simply shake the jam off...TO's talent is disintegrating right before your very eyes...the addition of Williams will NOT help TO nor Witten and the biggest reason is 57 year-old wimpy and limpy armed Brad Johnson ISHO...did anyone see BJ attempt to throw the pigskin when he last played in an NFL game two years ago?...and now it's two years later...why the Cowgirls didn't plan better and not acquire a younger, stronger, better QB behind Romo till now simply defies logic...when Romo comes back move Witten and Roy up a notch and TO and his rapidly declining talents down a beat...SNAKE [/QUOTE]Snake, I have to disagree with you here. This really might help Owens a lot! Think about this option...put Owens in the slot! If he would be willing to do that (and its a big "if") he would be free off the line and would be forced into single coverage on shorter routes.

Man...this almost seems like a legitimate posting by me...oops! I would like to apologize!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

drago

Post by drago » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:04 pm

I personally think this hurts TO bigtime. He is a greedy bast*&% when it comes to receptions. If he is not getting enough he will become a team cancer quickly. We have seen this time and again with him. There are too many options now and TO will be whining and throwing a fit within the next 2 weeks. Bad move for the 'Boys IMO.

Hammerheads

Post by Hammerheads » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:45 pm

The main reason this kind of trade doesn't happen more often in the NFL is the player has to come in and learn a new system before he can make a significant contribution. Williams is weeks away from having any fantasy value. Romo's situation is only going to slow his progress.

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:58 pm

As a Dallas fan i like adding Williams though i thought they gave up too much.The 1st round pick should have been enough.Still T.O IS 34 YEARS OLD and cant have more tan a couple years left.Roy is 27 and will now have Romo throwing him the ball the next 8 years .With other young wide outs like Miles ,Crayton they should be good at wide out for many years.It wasnt a need this year but overall happy to have him.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!