Mathews same week one injury as Tomlinson...

renman

Post by renman » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:45 am

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
If your football knowledge ego isn't that big, why are you defending yourself one year later in a thread that you started AND saying on TWO separate occasions now that your viewpoint 'was proven to be 100% accurate on every single point"?

If your ego wasn't crying out, this thread wouldn't exist.

LT looks alot better this year, but he still is not the same player as he was in his prime. Bald,

Try to read slower. This post by you is EXACTLY WHY I made the thread. For some unknown reason adult men feel a need to get "hostile" here. My thread isn't about saying "I told you so" about LT. I knew LT wasn't done last year and I knew people were embarrassing themselves babbling that he was. I have seen countless other laughable football stances or predictions over the years here that I knew would later be proven wrong and never felt the need to say a thing about it.

I made the thread to highlight how people get HOSTILE towards some who simply express opinions.

With regard to your final two LT points

-LT is exactly the same guy THIS YEAR as he was LAST YEAR aside from being older. He "looks better" because he is being used properly. He "looks" better because his world class pass catching skills are being utilized. He "looks better" because his offensive line isn't crippled like last year. He isn't magically better this year.

-Who said LT is the "same player" as earlier in his career? Certainly not me. As a matter of fact, I said the exact opposite and understand he has clearly lost a step and maybe two. But guys INVENT things never said (like I am saying LT in 2010 is same as LT in 2004) to support their arguments. Again, this is the point of my thread. People should be allowed to express viewpoints without being attacked and without people inventing positions they never had or expressed.

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:49 pm

Originally posted by Renman:

Try to read slower. 1) Don't be a dick.

2) I wasn't being hostile. I was only pointing out your inconsistency. Rich K. sees exactly what I'm saying.

Honestly, I don't care about you or your thoughts about LT. It is my fault to even say anything because I should have known I would get paragraph after paragraph from you. My bad.

Have a good season.

(Lesson learned: Don't bother saying anything to a person who states not once, but twice, "I was 100% proven correct on every single point".)

[ September 26, 2010, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: Bald is Beautiful ]

renman

Post by renman » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:30 pm

bald,

You were being hostile (ie babbling about this having something to do with my "football ego"). You also pointed out no inconsistency.

People who make zero sense or say something embarrassing get a paragraph.

And I was 100% correct on "every single point" about the LT debate last year. But some guys here need to lie and create the illusions to divert attention from what is really said. Like you do here trying to invent I said I am 100% right on every single point in general.

Your posts in this thread are PERFECT EXAMPLES of why I started the thread.

You have a good season too.

[ September 26, 2010, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: Renman ]

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:09 pm

Renman - We are all here for you. You tell 'em who's boss.

Since we are venting and expressing our emotions. I have something to add.

Tolbert is just a fat fatty FB and Mathews will be a key contributor before the season is over.

Ahhh I feel better now.
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:18 pm

SEE! I told ya LT wasn't through! See!see! I told ya! NOBODY would believe me! NOBODY would listen. I told ya!

renman

Post by renman » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:38 am

Quahogs,

You make my thread and point more relevant. Guys mock what they don't understand. Guys invent points that are not being made. This isn't about LT or an "I told you so" (though you are trying to create the illusion that it is) this is a question to those who personally attack someone for having an opinion and then hide when later they are proven to be wrong.

The point is to stop the personal attacking and mocking. It would be nice if adults could debate the merits of football points and opinions with some class and dignity. But in a realm where 40+ year olds get to act out like high schoolers, I suppose the mocking will continue. For some people, it seems to feed them in some way. It reminds me of why I backed off from the message boards in the past.

[ September 27, 2010, 07:39 AM: Message edited by: Renman ]

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:48 am

Some of you guys are never going to learn...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piVnArp9 ... re=related

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:52 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piVnArp9 ... re=related Count me in that camp. I think that is me driving the spaceship.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:44 am

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piVnArp9 ... re=related Count me in that camp. I think that is me driving the spaceship.
[/QUOTE]:D :D :D

Wayne

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:48 am

I guess high school debate did nothing for me. I'm just not smart enough to wrap my mind around what is going on in this thread.

Next......

Wayne