RotoWorld's Gregg Rosenthal Will Chat Here On Friday At 2 PM EST

greggr

Post by greggr » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:18 am

Originally posted by Hman83:

With their WR corp ailing, will Jags QB Garrard
start slowly?
HMan83 No. I don't think his WRS could be worse than last year. It looks like Porter and Williams should play in Week 1. This is more of a system-based offense that spreads it around, rather than a star driven affair. Garrard should be solid as usual. His rushing stats give him a nice edge.

greggr

Post by greggr » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:22 am

Originally posted by UltimateFFCheatsheets:
Gregg, thanks for taking the time here...

Where do you have Andre Johnson going? Top 5WR? He seems like a very high risk/reward player. I don't believe he's ever finished in the top 10 WRs. I have him finishing 2nd! Big leap of faith I know, and honestly I see #2-8 very close in the second round. But AJ led the league in yards/game last year and the Texans passing attack is ready to explode. I think he has the most talent in the league and best chance to pass Randy Moss. I agree it's a risk/reward but I dont worry too much about past production only but what 2008 will be. I think he has a Fantasy MVP-type season in him.

greggr

Post by greggr » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:26 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Gregg, let the folks know what you have planned for the NFFC draft in New York on Saturday, Aug. 30th. I'm just annoyed I can't play this year! But I'm really excited. I have a tradition of walking to the event which is reasonably close to where I live. I love that feeling of draft day. It's a first class event. I'll be there beforehand, we'll tape a NBC Fantasy Fix show during the contest, evaluate some of the picks, interview you guys, and I'd love to do a Q & A in between the two contests. (I know no one wants me giving away information beforehand if they've already studied hard).

It should be a blast. Like I said, I just wish I could play.

greggr

Post by greggr » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:28 am

Originally posted by UltimateFFCheatsheets:
Gregg, how would you rank the following QBs?

Schaub
V. Young
A. Rodgers I like this order! Honestly I love all three as value picks. Schaub threw for at least 225 yards in every game he finished. I think he is a great, SAFE QB2. Young isn't going to go this cheaply again. He might be good trade bait. Rodgers is set up for success. Great line, perfect scheme, DEEP receivers. He just has to stay healthy. I have him ranked 17th.

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:29 am

Greg,

Two questions:

1)I heard J Stewart's toe is still bothering him? Does he get the majority of carries this year in Carolina?

2)Last year, guys like Grant, Graham, and B Edwards emerged to be fantasy stars. Who are a couple of names at RB and WR who could do the same this year if the opportunity is there?? Thanks, Rich

David U. Kennedy

Post by David U. Kennedy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:29 am

Just wondering who you think might be the two biggest surprises at RB this year. Best/Worst. Thanks

greggr

Post by greggr » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:31 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
Everyone is a good deal at some price (almost everyone anyway).

Where do you think Javon Walker should be drafted ... and why?

Mike I have had him no higher than a late round (after 12) pick for a while. There are just so many questions about his attitude and knee. Especially his knee. Not to mention that offense. I don't think he'll produce as much as Jerry Porter did last year in Oakland. Put it that way.

bmiller

Post by bmiller » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:31 am

What do you see happening in the Denver RB situation and where would you draft those backs?

williamhare

Post by williamhare » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:32 am

Which of these players, who were injured last year, should outperform their ADP?

Heap
Fast Willie
Ronnie Brown
Reggie Bush

thx, HMan83

greggr

Post by greggr » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:35 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Gregg, I'm a BIG Packers' fan, so go easy here. After seeing Rodgers on Monday night, what are your projections for him in 2008 and do you think he can be a starting fantasy QB this year? Or is he just too risky to take a chance on outside of a backup fantasy job??

Also, predictions on what you think Favre will do this year in New York. I'm interested.

Finally, I see that ESPN is just in love with the Jets right now after acquiring Favre. Everywhere you look those guys are picking the Jets to make the playoffs after going 4-12. Is that really a playoff team this year? I thought the Jets were a 7-9 or 8-8 team before the move. I really did. Easy schedule, solid talent. I think they are a 9-7 type team now. I honestly think Favre only makes a win or two difference.

As for the projections, I have said for a long time Rodgers is a GREAT value as a QB2. He could put up starter numbers but I think they will scale back the offense some. And there is the injury risk. Ironically, I have Favre ranked one spot ahead of Rodgers - 15th. The new system will hurt him. And we can't just forget the Favre numbers from 2005-2006.