Looking For Feedback On Main Event Doubleheader

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:00 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by TOMDOG:
quote:Originally posted by Quahogs:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:

- If you drive, you pay your kid's tuition for parking.
56th between 8th and 9th (close to 8th). 10-15 minute walk $16 for the day.
[/QUOTE]I overnighted near the meadowlands in Jersey,and took a bus in from there,6.50 round trip to the bus station on 42nd,then walked up the theater district to 52nd.Very reasonable i thought.I actually REALLY enjoyed that,but the wait between drafts still sucks.
[/QUOTE]Note to Tom Kessenich: Find a lady of the night for TomDog next year and give him the keys to your room between drafts. :D
[/QUOTE]Then where would Tom take care of his "business"? :confused:

TOMDOG

Post by TOMDOG » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:37 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

[/QUOTE]I overnighted near the meadowlands in Jersey,and took a bus in from there,6.50 round trip to the bus station on 42nd,then walked up the theater district to 52nd.Very reasonable i thought.I actually REALLY enjoyed that,but the wait between drafts still sucks.
[/QUOTE]Note to Tom Kessenich: Find a lady of the night for TomDog next year and give him the keys to your room between drafts. :D
[/QUOTE]WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!! :D :D :D :cool:

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:41 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

[/QUOTE]Then where would Tom take care of his "business"? :confused:
[/QUOTE]In your room. :eek:
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Team Canada

Post by Team Canada » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:12 am

Bwazz you only need a passport to fly from the states and you could easily fill leagues with the closer city's in the states and us Canadian's! Also most people that fly already have a passport...No problrm there!

Off topic I do like the eh jokes cause we actually do say it but not like the hicks in the movie that made it famous.
I grew up in Windsor (borders Detroit) and have made many relationships with americans along the way and I've been to many other parts of the states and they all make fun of the EH!
What I then explain is listen to yourselves you say hey which isn't as bad as when Yall(lol another american fav) say huh, so yall use hey and huh to replace were we say eh!
So I think eh is our polite way of saying hey and huh lol.
2008 double playoffs!!

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:31 am

what about "take off" and "hoser" ?

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:46 am

I still think memphis is the best bet.if it is in AC tat would definitly take away from NYC.and YES you do need passports into canada which is a pain.went to the falls with family last year and custom line was one hour each way with car.if so many people love the nfl and bill games where are they in nyc ? you just cant leave the south high and dry. people would love memphis.its a mini new orleans.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:48 am

I've never been to Memphis. Sell it to us.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

renman

Post by renman » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:49 am

1- I can say with certainty that the expense of doing anything in NYC does impact decisions to join the NFFC. I try to recruit guys into this event and obviously the cost is a major issue. Some who are sort of on the fence will say "keep in mind that I have to drop another $300-$400 minimum just for going into NYC with hotel, food, drinks, tolls, parking, etc..." I personally will draft and be part of the NFFC no matter where it is... I am just saying that there might be some logic to finding a less expensive setting that is in the same general geological location.

I think most guys who do this are hardcore fantasy football guys and are more into the fantasy football competition and events and less into the overpriced trendy bars and restaurants that they can go to anytime if they so choose. I would imagine this also would be a lower expense for the NFFC and could result in more money into prize funds. But who knows.

I know some may like the idea of being in midtown or some may see it as a fun vacation thing combined with football. I worked there so being there is no big deal to me. I just wonder what the majority feels on this.

2- Has anyone discussed a southwest location like in Texas? Is it not feasible? Too far to drive from distance?

3- The time between drafts was fine for me and I was in NYC. It allows us time to analyze drafts.. prepare for the next draft and go have a meal that is not in any way rushed. To me, 3 hours in between was fine.

4- I think keeping both prize funds strong and the same (if not someday growing) is important from a PR perspective. I think offering some deal for people who join both events could help. I think a strong prize for the highest finishing owner (combined) in both events that is seperate from the million dollar miracle could appeal to people.

One a side-note... I am not sure if this goes on in other cities but I wonder if introducing past champions is a good idea. Or maybe making things more professional and formal in a way that makes this seem like the premiere fantasy football event. What I mean by more professional and more formal maybe a countdown to the draft of some sort. Some kind of cerimonial opening bell or horn. As opposed to just getting up and saying "ok, we are going to draft.. let go.." Gimmicky things like this can add texture to the event for newcomers who will return home to their pals saying "this was not like any draft I have ever seen!"

I am just throwing out ideas that I gave 11 seconds of thought to.

Carry on.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:00 am

I wish we had time to have a more "formal" presentation before the event (at least the NFFC). Unfortunately, I end up spending the 30 minutes running around making sure everyone is on time and all the facilitators are taken care of. It's so hectic there's really no time for things like that unfortunately. The NBC event was smoother because many of the people in that were in the NFFC so they had already registered and were at the hotel on Saturday.

But I wish we could get to a point where everyone was at the event 15-20 minutes before and we had everything done. That way we could have a more formal introduction - at least in NY. Although I do try the best I can to make it all official even at 12:59.

[ September 11, 2008, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:12 am

Originally posted by renman:

One a side-note... I am not sure if this goes on in other cities but I wonder if introducing past champions is a good idea. Or maybe making things more professional and formal in a way that makes this seem like the premiere fantasy football event. What I mean by more professional and more formal maybe a countdown to the draft of some sort. Some kind of cerimonial opening bell or horn. As opposed to just getting up and saying "ok, we are going to draft.. let go.." Gimmicky things like this can add texture to the event for newcomers who will return home to their pals saying "this was not like any draft I have ever seen!"

hey renman, maybe we can all draft in tuxedos for you.

[ September 11, 2008, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]