Looking For Feedback On Main Event Doubleheader

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:20 pm

its ez to rip city after city.indy is a great place but to near chicago.just in biz standpoint the south east would make sense.atlata , dallas , memphis. all nfl team strongholds and fresh areas.you cant make everyone happy.some people will always complain and say "i told you so"
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Max Factor

Post by Max Factor » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:57 pm

Last time I checked Dallas in not in the Southeast!!!!!!!
Jeff Potok

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:34 pm

Originally posted by Quahogs:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by INIT2WINIT:
If you build it they will come. The Miami Fort Lauderdale area is full of potential owners many unable to travel for fantasy football. 1) What attractions are in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area?

2) Why are many in that area unable to travel? :confused:
[/QUOTE]consider who's on the road...not unable exactly, just afraid to

[/QUOTE]FANTASTIC start to my day! Thanks.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:28 pm

Originally posted by Quahogs:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by INIT2WINIT:
If you build it they will come. The Miami Fort Lauderdale area is full of potential owners many unable to travel for fantasy football. 1) What attractions are in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area?

2) Why are many in that area unable to travel? :confused:
[/QUOTE]consider who's on the road...not unable exactly, just afraid to

[/QUOTE]LOL Q!

Honestly, the reason I asked the question was because I thought Miami was supposed to be this
"hip" area with a younger population. I didn't understand why many can't travel from that specific area of FLA?

JB

Post by JB » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:33 pm

3 hours in between drafts was fine by me (in Chicago). Gave me time to look at draft boards, talk to people, and get something to eat.

As far as another city in the US, not sure maybe somewhere in Texas. Personally, I would like to draft in the new Vegas...Macau!! Sure it's a 24 hour flight and costs $2,000+ but what the hell you only live once, it would be a lot of fun!

The FFPC gave the option of drafting online and half the leagues drafted online so obviously that was a genius move. There's a lot of people that can't travel but can make time for a 3 hour online draft. You would gain a full league just from agoraphobics that love fantasy football! :D

[ September 12, 2008, 04:35 AM: Message edited by: JB ]

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:09 am

Greg,

Here's my suggestions (just remember you asked for them!)

1. I would keep the nffc exactly as it is. I would reduce the entry into the nbc to $750 and try to make it a $50,000 grand prize. Right now the 2 leagues are competing against each other as they are too similiar.

2. I would add nbc satellites in the $250 range and offer a bonus (funded by insurance) to a team if they won both events. (perhaps $250,000) This would increase interest in the nbc event plus add on many satellites. (On a side note, people like to sign up late - let them sign up just a few hours before the event and the leagues will fill. You lose too many online drafters by having to give notice a day or 2 in advance.)

3. The more participants you have in a location the more synergy is produced. You want large events. I almost feel like I'm missing out going to Chicago as it's smaller than the Vegas and NYC events. I can't imagine wanting to go somewhere that might only have 2 main event leagues. There isn't anything being offered other than the leagues. A meal at the event would be a nice option. Charge $20 apiece and let people sign up for this as an option. Anything that gets people meeting each other is a positive for your event.

4. I love your event and your service is outstanding but if there is anything that is subpar here it's your league management website. Even using myfantasyleague.com would be a major improvement over the stats system. You guys deal with almost everything head on except this. I'm in a ton of leagues here this year and it's a management nightmare. Just my 2 cents.

In my opinion 3rr and kds are what truly make the draft special and different from your competition. That is what keeps me coming back - I really like these formats.

Wayne

[ September 12, 2008, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: Coltsfan ]

Sebadiah23

Post by Sebadiah23 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:37 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Greg,

4. I love your event and your service is outstanding but if there is anything that is subpar here it's your league management website. Even using myfantasyleague.com would be a major improvement over the stats system. You guys deal with almost everything head on except this. I'm in a ton of leagues here this year and it's a management nightmare. Just my 2 cents.

For some reason selecting conditional bids in NFFC is way less user friendly than it currently is in NFBC (Baseball). Everytime you add a conditional bid, your filter criteria is lost and you have to redo it. After 50 or so times across 5 teams, I feel like a hamster pressing its nose against a button 50 times to get a food pellet. Despite all my rage I'm still just a rat in a cage.

-Craig
-Durant/GWallace/Millsap/Ibaka ride it
http://kielinski.blogspot.com/

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:57 am

Originally posted by Sebadiah23:
quote:Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Greg,

For some reason selecting conditional bids in NFFC is way less user friendly than it currently is in NFBC (Baseball). Everytime you add a conditional bid, your filter criteria is lost and you have to redo it. After 50 or so times across 5 teams, I feel like a hamster pressing its nose against a button 50 times to get a food pellet. Despite all my rage I'm still just a rat in a cage.

-Craig
[/QUOTE]:D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.