Your Picks For Super Bowl XLV

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:56 am

It's fun to see the pre-season football mags on the newsstands now and look at the predictions for the Super Bowl. I see a lot of the mags picking the Jets in the AFC and everything from the Cowboys, Packers, Vikings and Saints in the NFC.

Who are you predicting right now for Super Bowl XLV?

I'll take the Cowboys and Jets. I'd pick the Vikings but my heart won't let me!! :D Could you see Favre beating the Packers in the NFC Championship Game and then beating the Jets in the Super Bowl to ride off into the sunset? Yikes. Say it ain't so!!!

Okay, I'm taking the NFC champ to win it all, whoever emerges from that tough conference. What else do you have? Make your predictions here.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:02 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Could you see Favre beating the Packers in the NFC Championship Game and then beating the Jets in the Super Bowl to ride off into the sunset? Yes
Hakuna Matata!

TOMDOG

Post by TOMDOG » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:31 am

Steelers defeat the 49ers,the 6 time champs climb the stairway to 7,and give the 49ers their first ever superbowl loss.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:38 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Could you see Favre beating the Packers in the NFC Championship Game and then beating the Jets in the Super Bowl to ride off into the sunset? Yes [/QUOTE]I knew you'd like that one Mike!! :D Okay, tomorrow if you're flying to Las Vegas show me some loyalty and put some money on the Vikings to win the Super Bowl. I think they're at 7:1 or 8:1.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:42 am

Jets vs. Vikings.

Former Jet great Brett Favre's grudge match against his former team.

Think of the headlines.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:44 am

Considering how well he handled his grudge matches against the Packers, I'd have to put my money on the Vikings in this one.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:48 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Jets vs. Vikings.

Former Jet great Brett Favre's grudge match against his former team.

Think of the headlines. You act as though the NFL could fix such a matchup. ;)

New Prediction: This Super Bowl matchup you predicted is all set up with the Jets already winning the AFC and Favre leading the Vikings to a win at Lambeau Field. Down 21-20 with 20 seconds left and the ball at the 1 yard line, Favre calls an audible to pad his stats and throws a pick to Charles Woodson, who rambles 99 yards for the score. The Frozen Tundra erupts and Favre is uncertain if he will return in 2011. Of course, it was the fourth straight season he ended with an interception and thus "he can't retire with that as his last pass in the NFL", right? ;)

But I could be wrong with this prediction. :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:50 am

Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
Considering how well he handled his grudge matches against the Packers, I'd have to put my money on the Vikings in this one. Agreed. But if it's at Lambeau in late January, his 41-year-old bones may not play as well!! :D He's still shivering from that 2007 NFFC Championship Game against the Giants.

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:09 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Could you see Favre beating the Packers in the NFC Championship Game and then beating the Jets in the Super Bowl to ride off into the sunset? Yes [/QUOTE]I knew you'd like that one Mike!! :D Okay, tomorrow if you're flying to Las Vegas show me some loyalty and put some money on the Vikings to win the Super Bowl. I think they're at 7:1 or 8:1.
[/QUOTE]Ug ... my last two big super bowl were ... last year 2009 the Vikings were 9 to 1 just to get to (not win) the super bowl. I had two hundred on them. My previous bet was in 2007 .... your packers just to get to (not win) the super bowl at 25 to 1 for $60. Both games were decided with a Favre pick (not blaming Favre)

Maybe I should bet the Cowboys to make it to the super bowl and the Vikings beat them in the NFC finals. I could handle that.
Hakuna Matata!

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:36 pm

What are the odds that a thread about Super Bowl picks would turn into Greg, Tom, and Big Mike discussion about Brett Favre?

Better than even, I'd say. ;)
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven