Joe Bryant Is Chatting Here Today

joebryant

Post by joebryant » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:29 am

Qua,

Walker is another guy with big questions. Right now, we have him at # 19 and he'll likely move up. I want to see how the knee responds to harder work.

I'm loving Roy Williams. It's pretty muddled after him though. Corey Bradford, Mike Furrey and Eddie Drummond all are in the mix.
Joe Bryant
Owner - www.Footballguys.com

joebryant

Post by joebryant » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:32 am

Hi hammer,

I'm a big Matt Jones fan from his college days. He ran wild in the SEC here. Not totally ready to call him the next Randy Moss like some but he is a physical freak. Love him and he'll only get better as he learns the position.

Down on Reggie Williams there like everyone one else.

I honestly like the big 3 in Detroit with Kitna, Jones and Williams. I think we're going to see what kind of a difference coaching makes. I'm much higher on Kitna and Williams than Kevin Jones. Remember, Mike Martz is supposedly the reason Steven Jackson didn't do enough last year. People seem to think that'll somehow change with Kevin Jones. I don't.
Joe Bryant

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:34 am

Joe -- an offbeat question for you: This is obviously a very busy time for all of us but what's your favorite part of this job? What do you like most about it?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

joebryant

Post by joebryant » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:35 am

Hi Gordon,

I'm not big on predicting injuries. I worry about all the QBs returning from injury. Brees, Culpepper, McNabb and Palmer.

Of that bunch, I feel best about McNabb being all the way back. For the other guys, those are all remarkable recoveries.
Joe Bryant

joebryant

Post by joebryant » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:36 am

Tom,

People roll their eyes when I say this and dont' believe but I absolutely live for the emails where the guy thanks us for helping him win a championship. I know how great the feels when you win one and to think we have a role in that fires me up.

Something has to. We work on about 4 hours sleep every night this time of year ;)
Joe Bryant

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:39 am

Joe, everybody loves a good sleeper but who are your top 3 that are real real deep guys?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

joebryant

Post by joebryant » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:39 am

While I'm thinking of it - I'm starting to LOVE, not like, but LOVE the Bledsoe / Romo combo. I think you can get great value there.

Talk up Romo and try to drive the value of Bledsoe down.

With what Jerry Jones said on MNF, there is no way that Bledsoe isn't the starter for week 1. But I'm getting some very positive feedback from people very close to the team that they're loving Romo. Chris Mortensen was first on this and from what I'm hearing, he's dead on.

Romo could easily be the guy there much sooner rather than later.

You can get both Bledsoe and Romo and lock up some very good QB play. T.O. of course is the wildcard. But it's not like Philly where they had basically T.O. and then no one else for receivers. Dallas has a shot to be a very good offense.
Joe Bryant

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:40 am

Lundy or Morency?
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

joebryant

Post by joebryant » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:45 am

Tom,

Sleepers always are determined by league size and roster makeup so it's hard to say how "deep". But I"m liking Jerious Norwood a lot.

Better known guys like Chester Taylor will be good value. Frank Gore's not getting enough love in many leagues.

Michael Koenen should be a nice undervalued guy as the kicker in ATL. Big leg and a dome for a good offense losing their goal line guy.

Marion Barber in Dallas will be a value.

Adrian Peterson in Chicago is a guy that I like if things fall his way with injuries.

Joe Addai in Indy will emerge by mid season if not sooner over Rhodes I think.

I like Ben Watson a ton in NE at TE to be a good value.
Joe Bryant