Joe Bryant Is Chatting Here Today

joebryant

Post by joebryant » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:46 am

UFS,

I've been hyping Lundy a lot but Morency is more talented. He's changed his game like Kubiak asked him too and he's better right now. As much as I hate to admit it. Lundy's got heart though.
Joe Bryant
Owner - www.Footballguys.com

joebryant

Post by joebryant » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:48 am

Snake,

I think Troy Williamson will be that guy. Taylor is the safe play. He's a solid guy and you know what you'll get. But Williamson has big upside. Getting the mental part of the game down and getting consistent will be his task. He's made a nice improvement though. I always seek out 2nd year WRs as they have a year under their belt and the rookie hype guys are moving on to the next hot rookie hoping he'll be Randy Moss. You and I know that guy will not be Moss.

The 2nd year guy is the value there in my book.
Joe Bryant

joebryant

Post by joebryant » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:51 am

And snake,

To answer the earlier question, Footballguys has one of the few money back guarantees out there. You have through the whole month of September to see if you like the service. If you don't think it's a good value by the end of September, we give you your $25.95 back. No questions.
Joe Bryant

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:52 am

Joe,

A few questions for you;

1)What do you think of Carolina's offense this year? Do you think they will be Ok if Steve Smith misses time due to the bad hammy?

2)Do you think Laveranues Coles bounces back with steadier play from the QB, and a supposedly better line to give the QB's time?

3)What %age would you break down the carries in New England provided that Dillon and Maroney are both healthy??

Thanks!!!

joebryant

Post by joebryant » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:58 am

Hi Billy,

The Panthers hinge on Steve Smith. I like Keyshawn Johnson but he can't carry that team. He'll be a GREAT compliment to Smith though. If Smith is good to go (something I'm not entirely convinced of), I like them a lot this year. If Smith is out, that puts them in a serious downgrade for me.

You'd have to think Coles will be better just because I don't see how the QB play could be any worse. That was brutal last year. I actually like Kellen Clemens a lot. Between he and Pennington, I think they'll get decent play there. But that is not a good team.

Great question on NE RBs. Good luck getting Bill Belichick to show his hand but we're forecasting Dillon with 200 carries and Maroney with 180. I like Maroney a LOT. But Dillon is not going anywhere. He's been talking about "not throwing the dirt on him yet in the grave" and that's right. He knows the situation. Maroney is the future and Dillon wants another ring. I think they can both work together. But for Dynasty, I'm loving Maroney.
Joe Bryant

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:01 am

I'll let Joe answer the one last question from Snake and then he can be on his way. I want to thank Joe again for taking the time from his schedule to join us for an hour. Don't forget the footballguys.com magazine is part of your NFFC goodie bag and definitely check out his site for more football content. Thanks again Joe and we'll be seeing you soon.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

joebryant

Post by joebryant » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:04 am

Snake,

People think we're nuts but this Duckett move to WAS has me VERY worried about Portis.

Two worries:

#1. The shoulder is a lot worse than they're letting on. I personally don't believe it is. He worked yesterday in shorts and T-shirt and moved ok. No sling and moved his arms ok. I don't buy that he's hurt way worse than advertised but you have to give that idea a little thought just because of the move.

#2. Even with a healthy Portis, Duckett and Betts could really drive down his value. I can see his value dropping WAY down. I mean down to about RB 20 or so. I know that sounds insane but that's where we get to doing a VERY thought out projection process with carries and yard per carry and red zone touches and about 50 other variables there.

What that means is that I will not get Portis as most people will not move him down past about #12 RB or so.

Sounds nuts I know to think about it. But analytically, that's where he projects now.

Duckett is the #3 guy in the league over the last few years in conversion percentatage from the goal line. Portis is #25.
Joe Bryant

joebryant

Post by joebryant » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:05 am

Thanks guys. And thanks Tom for having me. Best wishes to all you guys in the NFFC. Knock 'em out and I hope all the bounces go your way.

J
Joe Bryant