Question Of The Week: Can You Win With Brady?

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:09 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Can you win with Josh McCown, Alex Smith, any Bears QB, any Jets QB, any Bills QB, Tavaris Jackson, Matt Ryan, Jeff Garcia, any KC QB, Jamarcus Russell, any Ravens QB?

No.

The key word is NO. :D ...disagree with this statement as it accurately reflects the past but not the present...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]It was a to be more of a humorous statement Snake, but true in the fact that I personally wouldn't feel comfortable with any of them as a #2, let alone a #1! :eek:

Do tell, which of this morbid bunch you think you could win with?
[/QUOTE]I'd lean a bit toward the Bills or Jets QB, with a keen eye on Russell.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

TexasHeat

Post by TexasHeat » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:14 pm

Do tell, which of this morbid bunch you think you could win with? Give me Alex Smith (captain of the Martz Machine)
"That's how you become great man, hang your balls out there"

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:04 pm

Originally posted by TexasHeat:
quote:
Do tell, which of this morbid bunch you think you could win with? Give me Alex Smith (captain of the Martz Machine)
[/QUOTE]exactly. if someone was a gambling man looking for a 2nd qb, smith has to be somewhere near the top simply because of the potential.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:19 am

quote:
[/QUOTE]Alex Smith couldn't lead water down a drain.

He simply lacks the talent to go through the progressions, sell the fakes, and be patient in the pocket without panicking, all of which are critical in this "Greatest Show on Turf" offense. Martz's schemes will only add additional layers of complexity to anything Smith has seen before, making him look even more befuddled than last year...if that's even at all possible.

The real beneficiary will be Gore, who'll see a ton of touches from his overwhelmed QB.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

TexasHeat

Post by TexasHeat » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:39 am

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
quote:Originally posted by TexasHeat:
quote:

He simply lacks the talent to go through the progressions, sell the fakes, and be patient in the pocket without panicking, all of which are critical in this "Greatest Show on Turf" offense. Martz's schemes will only add additional layers of complexity to anything Smith has seen before, making him look even more befuddled than last year...if that's even at all possible.

The real beneficiary will be Gore, who'll see a ton of touches from his overwhelmed QB.
[/QUOTE]Easy there Shrink, please consider what I was choosing from. Who would you take from that group?
"That's how you become great man, hang your balls out there"

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:36 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
quote:Originally posted by SNAKE:
Can you win with Josh McCown, Alex Smith, any Bears QB, any Jets QB, any Bills QB, Tavaris Jackson, Matt Ryan, Jeff Garcia, any KC QB, Jamarcus Russell, any Ravens QB?

No.

The key word is NO. :D ...disagree with this statement as it accurately reflects the past but not the present...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]It was a to be more of a humorous statement Snake, but true in the fact that I personally wouldn't feel comfortable with any of them as a #2, let alone a #1! :eek:

Do tell, which of this morbid bunch you think you could win with?
[/QUOTE]I'd lean a bit toward the Bills or Jets QB, with a keen eye on Russell.

~Lance
[/QUOTE]LOL Lance....you just selected 33.3% of the available crop. That narrows it down. Which 11 teams are you betting on to win the SB. :D

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:57 am

quote:Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
quote:Originally posted by TexasHeat:
quote:

[/QUOTE]Easy there Shrink, please consider what I was choosing from. Who would you take from that group?
[/QUOTE]Actually, TH, your point is well taken that none of those options are particularly appealing.

Forced to choose between them for my QB2, I would say it all depended who I already had as my QB1. For example, if I had an ironman superstar like Brady or P. Manning, I'd probably go for a steady-eddy guy like Garcia who can be plugged in for a game or two and give me predictable numbers...nothing great, but not horrible, either.

If, on the other hand, my QB1 was weak or an injury risk, then I'd go for a more upside guy like Tarvaris Jackson. He's obviously no great shakes, but at least he's on a team with a good defense and a pretty good offense, giving him an ample number of Red Zone opportunities.

As you implied, none of the choices are appealing, but I just have no confidence in Alex Smith as a player, and in particular having to pick up a new, complicated offensive scheme.

Just my opinion, but as my wife often reminds me, I've been known to be wrong. :rolleyes:
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

nostradamross

Post by nostradamross » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:39 pm

i would say that russell has the most upside.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:10 pm

Well, I just took Brady with the seventh pick of the NFFC Mag II League. I'll have a better answer tomorrow to this question as I've now formed a more solid opinion. Look for my answer tomorrow.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius