NFFC High-Stakes Magazine Debuts June 8

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu May 06, 2010 8:44 am

We have some incredible new promotional announcements we are going to announce in the next month that has the potential to make our NFFC champions stars in the industry. I can't get to all of the details just yet because we're still working on the BIG ONE, but I certainly can talk about this first one.

For the first time, we are going to dedicate an entire issue of Fantasy Sports Magazine to the NFFC and the high-stakes player. The first issue hits newsstands on June 8th and features Drew Brees on the cover along with our NFFC $100,000 champion Steve Luzzi holding the big-ass check with a big-ass smile on his face!! :D And rightfully so. The magazine is entitled: "2010 Fantasy Football Preview, FANTASY SPORTS, The Official Magazine for the High-Stakes Fantasy Player.

We did this in baseball and we'll do it each year going forward in football. It's like the badge of honor in both events to be pictured on the cover of the magazine, but now we have more space to feature even more league champions.

Inside the magazine, we have feature stories on Luzzi and Bill Strickler, our 2009 Primetime overall champion. We also have pictures of no fewer than 16 league champions along with their NFFC history bio, winnings total, and a draft strategy tip. We even have a MoneyLeaders.com list of the top 50 money winners over the last six years among the NFFC and CDM/Fanball games. Dave Gerczak is No. 2 overall.

Jules McLean also wrote a great Auction Strategy story and Rick Hart wrote the Draft Strategy story. We have a five-page preview on the upcoming NFFC event and 62 pages of player profiles and projections. Every player that we featured is pictured and the entire magaazine is four-color on glossy paper. We have draft results that include NFFC veterans, Cheat Sheets, Auction Values, Sleepers & Busts from staffers and some of our NFFC veterans.

This is YOUR magazine on national newsstands. It's a great, great read and it will be fun to see it out as one of the first magazines of the season. Are you ready for your fix yet? :D

I think Fanball is producing 5 or 6 magazines this year and Charlie will find a way to put a package deal on the Registration page for anyone who wants home delivery on these. We didn't get that done early enough in baseball and delivery was a disaster, but if we do it right away and you order online you'll get every issue home delivered before they hit the newsstands. Look for that six-pack offer soon.

Tom and Charlie can provide more details on this one. I'm just excited to see this high-stakes magazine as we attempt to promote the NFFC and this area of the market to new customers. It should be a great read and a great kickoff to the 2010 season.

Good luck all and enjoy these great mags.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu May 06, 2010 8:52 am

Greg and I have seen some of the finished pages and this is a very impressive looking magazine. In addition to the stories Greg mentioned, we will have 14- and 12-team drafts as well as an auction featuring our NFFC participants. You will see some of their post-draft and auction thoughts and strategies as well as being able to get an early glimpse into how the 2010 draft and auction landscape may unfold.

More than 370 players are also profiled with our first projections included for the upcoming season.

Hopefully you will be as excited about the magazine when you see it as we are for publishing it. Mike Sheets is working hard this week to finish editing and our great designer Noah Wenz is making it all look just right. As Greg said, this is your magazine because it will focus heavily on the NFFC and the best performers in our event's history. The NFBC version was a hit and we're hoping this one will be well received too.

[ May 06, 2010, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Dirty Deeds

Post by Dirty Deeds » Thu May 06, 2010 4:06 pm

Very Impressive Tom and Greg !

Congratulations as you have really out did yourselves. It is awesome that the NFFC is seperating itself from the competition and creating brand and image with no equal.

This is definitely "A Fantasy Football Industry Game Changer" and your leading the pack.

Sincerely Dirty,
Deeds

[ May 06, 2010, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: Dirty Deeds ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 18, 2010 9:52 am

Wow, the first issue of Fantasy Sports Magazine is in my hands now and it LOOKS MAHVELOUS!! :D Wow, you're really going to like this one. Even with Steve Luzzi wearing that damn Adrian Peterson Vikings' jersey while holding his $100,000 NFFC check doesn't hurt the cover!! :D

Wow, NFFC Sleepers & Busts section with writeups by Mike Rinaldi, Glenn Schroter, Rob Silver, Wayne Ellis, Scott Newman, Jules McLean, Chad Tabler, Jeff Clampitt, Chris Gillman, Mike Ferre, Billy Wasosky, Glenn Karant, Bryan Hacker, Rich Dunn, Dan Boozer and Pete Suni. Very, very nice all.

A Money Makers story with quotes and marginally handsome photos of Dave Gerczak, Mark Srebro, Rob Benetti, Tom Yates, Steve Luzzi, Josh Ferenc, Ryan Welch, Larry Schechter, Glenn Schroter, Kyle Pope, Eddie Gillis, Bill Strickler and Doug Gruber is waaaaaaaaaayyy cool. Great NFFC profiles of Steve and Bill recalling their 2009 NFFC championships. Good job with those Tom.

A very nice Draft Strategy story written by Rick Hart and a very, very nice Auction Strategy story written by Jules McLean. Mixed in are NFFC tips from Chad Tabler, Mike Schilpp, David Byron, Mike Sanda, Jon Clift, Ralph Palmieri, Patrick Welsh, Roger LeBoeuf, Dave Cushard, Daren Eliason and Mike Weber adds a very nice touch.

Oh, and wait until you see the NFFC Winners section within the NFFC preview story. Steve Luzzi in front of his nine TVs in his man cave holding the $100,000 NFFC check. Bill Strickler smiling profusely with a mangled $40,000 NFFC check ( :D ) and the Sacks, Zwickels, Sandas, Cal Suer, Wayne Ellis, Jules, Don Medlam and more looking proudly as winners.

This is definitely THE NFFC'S MAGAZINE. I'm diggin' it. A finer promotional vehicle couldn't be out there right now for us. Nice. Well, we'll have a better one soon, but this is a great way to kick off the selling season and the player profiles and writeups by the Fanball crew are fantastic as well.

Look for this issue soon and remember that you can order all five Fanball magazines on the NFFC registration page and they will be home delivered to you. Otherwise this one will be on newsstands in early June. Enjoy. You'll love it.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Tue May 18, 2010 3:39 pm

Greg, nice touch. I'm putting this as the lead story on FPA right now. I'm looking forward to seeing the mag, and reserve some space for the FPA next year!
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 18, 2010 3:49 pm

Originally posted by FPA - Scott Atkins:
Greg, nice touch. I'm putting this as the lead story on FPA right now. I'm looking forward to seeing the mag, and reserve some space for the FPA next year! Thanks Scott. You're going to love the mag and you'll be surprised at the great content your fellow NFFC owners provided. Good tips mixed in with good player profiles and rankings. After 20 years of mostly black and white pages, Fantasy Sports Magazine has received a face lift that makes Phyllis Diller look like Jennifer Aniston!! : All color, all glossy, all great looking. Our best football issue yet.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Tue May 18, 2010 3:52 pm

Stop Greg! I'm gettin' a chubby!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 18, 2010 4:02 pm

Originally posted by Sandman62:
Stop Greg! I'm gettin' a chubby! Over Phyllis Diller?!! :D

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Tue May 18, 2010 4:04 pm

Hey! I'm not THAT old! Sadly, not even over Jennifer. Over the mag!!! :D

sky t 2 hotty

Post by sky t 2 hotty » Tue May 18, 2010 6:45 pm

If we pre-order on the site will it arrive before it hits the news stands?