Should We Include Individual ST Points In 2010?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:40 am

Originally posted by flex:
I wouldn't be in favor of crediting the individual player points but I REALLY wouldn't be in favor of giving double points on the play.

Someone that had the broncos d and royal would be credited with 4 tds???

I know this happens with a qb throwing to your wr/rb but at least that's 2 players involved in the td. This is the one reason I don't like the double dipping on points for special teams. It's very possible that someone had both Royal and the Denver D/ST on Monday and on one play they got 12 points. That part doesn't quite seem fair. It's different than the QB and the WR each getting credit for a scoring pass because in a way you are strategizing that combo on Draft Day.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:41 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by FantasyFactor:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:If I start Josh Cribbs and Cleveland's D each week, Why do you keep harping on players that are rarely on someone's roster? [/QUOTE]I also brought up D-Jax and Philly's D (but that doesn't help your argument).

Again, If you start BOTH of them HOPING for a return TD (assuming he returns TWO TD's in the first 16 weeks) so you can get the 12 points, you are going to VERY disappointed for 14 weeks.

Again, If someone wants to double the returner WITH the defense....GO FOR IT!!!

If it happened that I got DeSean Jackson and the Eagles....fine. I know I am most likely getting solid points outside of the return game from both.

However if I draft Devin Hester, why would I try and draft the Bears?? They aren't one of the better defenses (at least not statistically this year) :confused:

Over the long haul, it is obvious I am better with Hester and a "better" defense than doubling up with the Bears. [/QB][/QUOTE]Not exactly true. That one week Hester or Knox scores one or two return TD's, that could yield an important win you only got from one player getting double points for what he did.

Parity is king in most leagues and an extra six or 12 points in one week can sway many games, and cause many playoff seedings to change.

I guarantee if this were to pass, and DJax ran back 5 or more TD's in one season, these boards would light up like a Xmas tree crying foul.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:43 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:

Are you gonna tell me now that you had Denver and New Orleans in your top 5 ranked defenses coming into the season??? :rolleyes:
No, but an astute owner would have FAAB'd them in a heartbeat a few weeks ago if they had Royal or Bush.

The draft isn't the only place you can acquire someone. :eek:
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:47 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by RedRyder:
Would return yardage be included?No, I can't see that happening in the NFFC. [/QUOTE]I played in a Contest once were there was a return pos. for both Yardage and TD's. I finished real high in that one, so I'm Good no matter what the rule's are. Just please let me know what you decide before next season. ;)

I say this if your playing Cribbs,Royal or Sproles hoping for a return TD, Good Luck. You have a better chance at picking up chop sticks with your butt cheeks. Than guessing when that will happen. Your better play would be to pickup Cleveland's Def. like I did in one League. :D

John

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:47 am

quote:Originally posted by flex:
I wouldn't be in favor of crediting the individual player points but I REALLY wouldn't be in favor of giving double points on the play.

I know this happens with a qb throwing to your wr/rb but at least that's 2 players involved in the td. This is the one reason I don't like the double dipping on points for special teams. It's very possible that someone had both Royal and the Denver D/ST on Monday and on one play they got 12 points. That part doesn't quite seem fair. It's different than the QB and the WR each getting credit for a scoring pass because in a way you are strategizing that combo on Draft Day.
[/QUOTE]Is it really double-dipping? It took two roster spots to get those points, just like the qb-wr. The return man didn't do it on his own.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:47 am

Good dialogue, which is what I was hoping for. I see both sides of this and personally I don't like the double-dipping, but I understand how easy it is for one of these WRs or RBs to get hurt on special teams when there is no benefit to those fantasy owners.

I don't think there is a consensus either way, but we can watch what happens the rest of the season and bring this topic up again at season's end. Carry on with the discussion.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:49 am

[/QUOTE]People could strategize this too, Greg??? ;)

When people do the QB/WR thing, and they BOTH do poorly, it hurts. When they do well, they are rewarded. How is this not the same thing???

As for the 2 returns counting as 4 TD's, how many times has ONE player returned 2 kicks for TD's in a game???

I can recall Eric Metcalf (I was there! :mad: ) and Devin Hester, but don't recall others (I know there are more).

Point is it happens about once every 3 years. Kinda like a FULLBACK scoring THREE TD's in one game. ;)

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:49 am

Good dialogue, which is what I was hoping for. I see both sides of this and personally I don't like the double-dipping, but I understand how easy it is for one of these WRs or RBs to get hurt on special teams when there is no benefit to those fantasy owners.

I don't think there is a consensus either way, but we can watch what happens the rest of the season and bring this topic up again at season's end. Carry on with the discussion. Is now a Good time to bring up "Victory Points" :D

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:50 am

Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

[/QUOTE]Is it really double-dipping? It took two roster spots to get those points, just like the qb-wr. The return man didn't do it on his own.
[/QUOTE]EXACTLY! The naysayers are acting like Eddie Royal got 12 points himself on ONE return.

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:51 am

Originally posted by FantasyFactor:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
quote:Originally posted by FantasyFactor:
There has never been a rule in fantasy football where ONE player gets credit for TWO TD's and scores a possible 12 points for his team.
Wasn't Brad Johnson credited both with a passing TD and a TD reception when he caught his own pass for a touchdown in 1997?
[/QUOTE]Yeah, that happens a lot.
[/QUOTE]YOU said never. i showed you that it has happened