Should We Include Individual ST Points In 2010?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:53 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
One thing I do know from this thread: Billy leads all others with the most posts here. Wow, Billy, you are pushing this one hard. I like it. ;)

Thanks for all the input. I think we see it as half full and half empty on this one. It's been duly noted by the Iola Connection. Greg,

I honestly don't anticipate this being pushed through, I just wouldn't want to lose like that.
I realize you would need a pretty good majority of people to agree with this to make the change, and I don't see that happening. I really like the idea of NO team S/T, yet just giving return TD's to the individual player.

If it isn't changed next year, I'll still be here. :D
[/QUOTE]

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:56 am

I actually made it through the entire thread - wow! A few thoughts:

1. It really doesn't matter to me what the scoring system is. We all play by the same rules and can adapt accordingly. So I'm fine with whatever but I do have some preferences.

2. I'm not crazy about double dipping points for the defense and the kickoff/punt returner. Pick one or the other and give it to them but not both.

3. Defensive scoring is sooo random. I like the idea of it having less influence in fantasy scoring. (Just like I would like less impact by kickers - it's also very random.)

4. Did Billy have a sick day today? :D

5. All that being said, I like it the way it is but if it all changes that is good too. It really doesn't matter that much to me.

Wayne

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:11 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
4. Did Billy have a sick day today? :D
DING DING DING!!! :D

My daughter has been out with the flu since Monday, and I guess the "cabin fever" brought out the best (worst?) in me! ;)

Sabretooth

Post by Sabretooth » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:49 pm

I won't go into detail because all of my points have already been made in this very llloooonngg thread:) Mostly by Billy. But for the record I would vote Yes for 6 points for the KR as well as 6 points for the D. No on yardage being awarded on returns. And Yes the returners should get docked 1 pt for a fumble.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:55 pm

Originally posted by Henry Muto:
When a QB throws a TD pass to a RB, WR or TE is only 1 TD scored on the play ? yes. Does both parties get credit for a TD ? yes....so I don't get the why people say "Only 1 TD scored so you can't award the DF and player who scored it"I don't believe we're saying "Only 1 TD scored...", rather "Only 1 player scored..."; there's a big difference. So like Colstfan said, reward ONE of them, but not both. And like others, I'm fine w/ either the player OR the D, but I'd prefer the D.

kingraiders

Post by kingraiders » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:18 pm

Interesting discussion. I've been in a league for 5 years that is a very deep league (21) round draft, and includes return points. We play 3 IDP's and so I usually use a DB who is a KR. TD's are pretty random, so the yardage is key. Greg seems to be against yardage pts. from as much of the thread that I did read, but IMHO if you score it right, yardage should be counted. We're on heels of the 3 returns in one game, but a good KR can go a whole season without a TD. We go 25 yds/pt. 100 yds. is a decent game for a KR, but I wouldn't see folks here rushing to fill their lineup with a WR that's a KR who will generally give an owner 3-6 pts. in a typical week with maybe a 10% chance at a TD.

That being said, I faced Royal in my match here last week, and escaped with a narrow victory. With his real world heroics, a goosegg didn't seem right for his owners.

Old School

Post by Old School » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:14 pm

Originally posted by Sabretooth:
I won't go into detail because all of my points have already been made in this very llloooonngg thread:) Mostly by Billy. But for the record I would vote Yes for 6 points for the KR as well as 6 points for the D. No on yardage being awarded on returns. And Yes the returners should get docked 1 pt for a fumble. Ditto. I just haven't seen anyone here make a good case IMO for not giving the TD's to individual players.

Not to get off topic here, but if I was running
a high stakes league, I would change the defensive scoring as well like the way our local league did it for many years.

20 points for shutout
10 points for allowing 1-9 points
5 points for 11-20 pts allowed
0 points for 20-30
-10 points from 30-40 allowed
-20 points for 40 or more allowed

These are very high scoring leagues though that give bonuses for yardage goals like 100 rush and 300 pass,so the points may seem high, but it makes the defense not just an afterthought on draft day,and makes for some wild and exciting games. we also adjusted kicker scoring to make them more valuable on draft day. It was either that or get rid of kickers and D's.

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:37 pm

I had to crawl out of my cave to chime in on this one

Often when topics like this are brought up the MB community will form a majority and any opposing view will be counter pointed to death in an attempt to get everyone to think the same.

That's OK with me because I probably won't read your response anyway.

My vote is no. If we have this change I simply won't play. You drafted E.Royal and he's sucked all year and now you want return TD's to somehow ease your pain.

Boo hoo...cry me a river. This is FF which is full of luck and requires much preparation and analysis but zero skill. (oops..wrong topic) E.Royal owners aren't lucky this year...neither are S.Smith (Car) owners or M.Forte owners or...well you get the point.

Those with Denvers defense already got points from E.Royal. If anyone else wants points from ER write Orton a letter and tell him to throw Eddie the damn ball!

Yeah...I said it....now I'm going back in my cave. ;)
Have fun debating this one for 10 more pages. :D

gerardsambola

Post by gerardsambola » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:51 pm

i think the special teams and the return person should get the points also the yards to and for you people that think this makes the return person stock go up so be it don't draft him let someone else pick him early
gerard

Old School

Post by Old School » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:59 pm

Originally posted by Route C:
I had to crawl out of my cave to chime in on this one

Often when topics like this are brought up the MB community will form a majority and any opposing view will be counter pointed to death in an attempt to get everyone to think the same.

That's OK with me because I probably won't read your response anyway.

My vote is no. If we have this change I simply won't play. You drafted E.Royal and he's sucked all year and now you want return TD's to somehow ease your pain.

Boo hoo...cry me a river. This is FF which is full of luck and requires much preparation and analysis but zero skill. (oops..wrong topic) E.Royal owners aren't lucky this year...neither are S.Smith (Car) owners or M.Forte owners or...well you get the point.

Those with Denvers defense already got points from E.Royal. If anyone else wants points from ER write Orton a letter and tell him to throw Eddie the damn ball!

Yeah...I said it....now I'm going back in my cave. ;)
Have fun debating this one for 10 more pages. :D Personally, I don't have Royal in ANY leagues.
"If this rule is changed, I'm gonna take my ball and go home" :rolleyes: