Time for TE to be retired in fantasy

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:01 pm

TE for the most part is a waste of time. There may be 3 or 4 that would be drafted in a all Receivers league. If I had the power to change one thing in most fantasy leagues it would be to dump TE's.

lichtman

Post by lichtman » Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:30 pm

I count a lot more than 3 or 4. How about Gonzo, Heap, Graham, Gates, Johnson, Crumpler, McMichael and Shockey. I would likely start any of those guys at the flex position if I had another one at TE?
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:53 pm

Go ahead and rank them with WR's and see how good they really are. Not very. You named two that probably got drafted higher than they should and they're hurt. Whats the average for starting TE scoring each week? 2 or 3 points? I rank TE about the same I do closers in baseball. Almost total luck! Both fantasy games would be better without them.

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:29 pm

Originally posted by Walla Walla:
TE for the most part is a waste of time. There may be 3 or 4 that would be drafted in a all Receivers league. If I had the power to change one thing in most fantasy leagues it would be to dump TE's. You must've lost to a team with Eric Johnson, didn't you? Or was it Gates?
For Players. By Players.

MidasMike

Post by MidasMike » Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:41 pm

Yeah , buddy next time draft a tight end worth takin it in da butt , or else! Gates for president!

KW3

Post by KW3 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:58 am

Dump the TE? No way. It's a big part of the strategy of FF.

Right now, the TE position in the NFL is in better shape than at any time over the past 20 years. 4 years ago it was only Gonz. Now there are several very talented players at the TE position and many more on the way from college. More and more teams will start utilizing the TEs.

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:59 am

I agree with KW3. Next year, Watson and Winslow will be back and Troupe should challenge Kinney in Tennessee but at the least see more playing time. TE may be the hardest position to select your starter for every week because a lot of teams are running two TE sets. But because of two TE sets there are more available to choose from as KW3 stated.

One of the reasons I'm near the top in the GEKKO league is because I play Crumpler and E. Johnson every week as IC suggested. Except this week, right Vegas? :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

renman

Post by renman » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:12 pm

to me, whether there are 3 good TE's or 7 is not the point... the POINT and WHY TE's matter is that it adds another dynamic to the drafting process... an owner must ask self "do i take a flier on gonzo or heap now and have a distinct advantage over many teams in matchups at that position, but lose out on a good player at RB, WR, or QB?"

to me, thats a big part of this game... and having the foresight to predict which TE's may or may not emerge in certain systems is also a big part of the draft and Fantasy football...

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:54 pm

Let's throw out the QB also. After Culpepper, Manning and McNabb, the rest are the same. :rolleyes:
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

dgamblnman

Post by dgamblnman » Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:32 pm

hell, screw the kickers too!!!!!