Introducing NFFC '60s For 2011

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
Please consider some time slots for those that can't draft at 4pm PST...thanks. Yes, I agree. We can have several times for bowling night in the NFFC. Let me throw out multiple days with different starting times and see what demand tells us. We can definitely do some at 7 pm ET, 9 pm ET and even 10 pm ET. I think I'll start with Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday and just see which days are best for everyone. We're just now getting the site finished and hope to have these offerings soon after the NFL Draft. I think these are going to be a BLAST!!! Enjoy all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:15 am

This sounds like a lot of fun for those of us who love to draft a LOT without spending a huge chunk of change. It also replaces mock drafts, with a better quality of drafters(most of the time)...which make for better ADP results.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:22 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
This sounds like a lot of fun for those of us who love to draft a LOT without spending a huge chunk of change. It also replaces mock drafts, with a better quality of drafters(most of the time)...which make for better ADP results. Agreed Diesel. Plus it's a 14-team league with 30 rounds, so if you don't uncover the jewels after 420 picks something is wrong!! :D These should be good preps for any league you enter later on and it will make those 20-round, 12-team drafts seem like a walk in the park!! ;)

Glad to have you back on our boards. We'll get our new site live and the message boards humming soon. Wish I was coming back to New York for an NFL Draft party, but the NFL needs a three-day weekend to monetize the draft nowadays. Sheesh. Next thing you know they'll enact a lockout. NEVER MIND, THEY ALREADY DID!! :mad: Get some of your mafia friends in New York to give the NFL Players an offer they can't refuse!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:49 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Diesel:
This sounds like a lot of fun for those of us who love to draft a LOT without spending a huge chunk of change. It also replaces mock drafts, with a better quality of drafters(most of the time)...which make for better ADP results. Agreed Diesel. Plus it's a 14-team league with 30 rounds, so if you don't uncover the jewels after 420 picks something is wrong!! :D These should be good preps for any league you enter later on and it will make those 20-round, 12-team drafts seem like a walk in the park!! ;)

Glad to have you back on our boards. We'll get our new site live and the message boards humming soon. Wish I was coming back to New York for an NFL Draft party, but the NFL needs a three-day weekend to monetize the draft nowadays. Sheesh. Next thing you know they'll enact a lockout. NEVER MIND, THEY ALREADY DID!! :mad: Get some of your mafia friends in New York to give the NFL Players an offer they can't refuse!! :D
[/QUOTE]Greg, there is no mafia. Don't know what you're talking about. But I might know a few people that could bump into Roger Goodell. If you see Goodell announcing the NFL draft from the clear plastic bullett proof box that the Pope uses, you'll know my friends had a talk with him.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Chi_Town_FEW

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:20 am

Originally posted by FPA - Scott Atkins:
I like the concept of "NFFC bowling night".

A couple questions.

When I'm at my favorite legendary race track, Churchill Downs, as long as my ticket cashed is under $600 I don't get taxed. I could win $500 on 10 different tickets and as long as I walk up to the window 10 different times, I'm good.

Bringing this up because we already have to give the house 20%, tack on the additional tax and it's cost prohibitive to do.

Question 1: Can you award league prizes individually so that you're not taxed on the cumulative value of NFFC winnings but on the individual league?

Question 2: If the answer to Question #1 is yes, I would be in favor of a $599 price point for 1st place, $76 2nd place prize.

Is this making sense? Totally agree with the $599 payout and the total payouts. I dont know what the accountant will say or if it will bring unwanted attention from the tax man but if it is possible that would be nice. I am sure we will all submit the correct info for tax purposes at the end of the year. No worries there.

SS

Post by SS » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:52 am

Greg, when do you guys expect to start a list for the 60s? Looking forward to it...

SS
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:16 am

Originally posted by SS:
Greg, when do you guys expect to start a list for the 60s? Looking forward to it...

SS Hopefully in the next couple of weeks. The IT guys are working on the web site now and we should have that live shortly. It's important for us to get Registration live this week along with all of our prizes and rules. That's being done first.

We have the draft room in place and ready to go. Obviously we need to add the Player IDs for the rookies along with their new teams and Tom and I are working on the default player list for the draft room. So give us a bit of time to make sure all of this is tested and ready to go and then we'll start drafting for real. We're as excited as you guys are and with the recent ruling in Minneapolis it's possible that things will be somewhat resolved on the NFL season sooner rather than later. Let's hope so.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:19 am

Originally posted by FPA - Scott Atkins:
I like the concept of "NFFC bowling night".

A couple questions.

When I'm at my favorite legendary race track, Churchill Downs, as long as my ticket cashed is under $600 I don't get taxed. I could win $500 on 10 different tickets and as long as I walk up to the window 10 different times, I'm good.
I have no idea how the horse track files with the IRS, but we have to total up your winnings for the calendar year in all sports and report earnings that way. So no, we don't report your winnings as you described above. If you won $500 in 10 different NFBC and NFFC events we'd tell the government your annual earnings were $5,000 and you'd file that appropriately. Wish we could help you in another way, but we're not messing with the tax man.

Good luck and I'm glad you like NFFC bowling night.