Week 9 Thoughts

botherk

Week 9 Thoughts

Post by botherk » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:14 am

Originally posted by Renman:
The problem isn't Tomlinson, it is their (Chargers) pathetic approach to running the football, it is as if they are only throwing in a few runs into the mix to say they tried and then go back to throwing it all over..The Chargers are merely utilizing their best talent. Rivers, Jackson, and Gates are their best talent.
Tomlinson was tackled by blades of grass twice yesterday.
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Here are some names for football players.
Ouch, Hitcha, Juke, Blitz

Tom Kessenich

Week 9 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:21 am

I'd view the Chargers' impact players as follows presently:

Rivers
Jackson
Gates
Sproles
Floyd
LT

I think they need to work harder to get Floyd more involved going forward. He's a very talented WR in my opinion.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mkrucek

Week 9 Thoughts

Post by mkrucek » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:23 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:
quote:Originally posted by Renman:
The problem isn't Tomlinson, it is their (Chargers) pathetic approach to running the football, it is as if they are only throwing in a few runs into the mix to say they tried and then go back to throwing it all over..The Chargers are merely utilizing their best talent. Rivers, Jackson, and Gates are their best talent.
Tomlinson was tackled by blades of grass twice yesterday.
[/QUOTE]And Eric Mangini promptly offered those blades of grass contracts.

Really Renman, stop. As Eddie said it's getting sad. Reading your posts about LT is about as hard as watching him run.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

Raiders

Week 9 Thoughts

Post by Raiders » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:35 am

I tend to agree with Phil Simms.

"The problem isn't Tomlinson, it is their (Chargers) pathetic approach to running the football, it is as if they are only throwing in a few runs into the mix to say they tried and then go back to throwing it all over.."

Tomlinson's season is remarkably like Calvin Johnsons (is his career "done?"). Both got hurt in a manner that ANY NFL player could get hurt. Both have been used horribly when they are actually in the game. Both are held back (production wise) by their circumstance as much as their own talent. While some are sick watching LT run. I am sick watching the Chargers ram LT up the back of their pathetic offensive linemen in bunched formations on obvious run downs while almost never spreading the field to use him on draws and delays and screening to him to get him in space in the way they used to.

Keep in mind... the average yards per rush for the Chargers RB's when LT is NOT running the ball is about 2.2 yards. I suppose that is LT's fault too?

If Tomlinson changed places with Benson, A. Peterson, or M. Turner I assure you the numbers would be dramatically different for both players.

The environment around a player is hugely connected to said players production level. Swap Reggie Wayne and TO or Dallas Clark and K. Winslow and the numbers for the players would be massively different. James,

Did you watch the game Sunday? I know or think You did. LT gets the ball and he's already falling to the ground. It's sad watching him try and run now. I almost think he's scared to get hit. I can't explain it, as well as I would like too. But You are now the only one who doesn't see it.

I drafted LT on one team, with the thinking IF he has a good year I would be happy to have LT on one team, just in case. Well that just in case cost me, but I was willing to take the chance.

21 is DONE!

John

Raiders

Week 9 Thoughts

Post by Raiders » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:39 am

Forgot did Green Bay really get beat by The 1976 Bucs? :eek:

DOOMSDAY

Week 9 Thoughts

Post by DOOMSDAY » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:42 am

After Mendy gets hurt for the season tonight, LJ will look good in the black-n-gold.

renman

Week 9 Thoughts

Post by renman » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:02 am

Raiders,

I have LT on one team. Watching people babble like I am somehow personally upset about LT's performance is laughable and typical message board silliness.

I have been over my viewpoint and position on LT countless times yet people continue to invent I am somehow saying LT is just as good as he ever was. This is why I am so close to not bothering with football discussion here on this forum anymore. You share an opinion, and people not only jump down your throat for it, but then invent a position you may not even have! lol

Yes, I did watch the game. I see one of the worst run blocking offensive lines I have ever seen. I see some of the worst offensive creativity (to deal with said offensive line issues). I saw Tomlinson get about 13 touches in the game. Most of which had zero chance to go anywhere even if Jim Brown in his prime was given the ball. If Tomlinson is "done" and "dead" than there is NO CHANCE he could EVER produce this season. If and when their star center gets back and maybe they get another offensive lineman to return we will see what happens.

If Tomlinson is so dead, why is the average yard per rush for all other RB's this year close to 2 yard per carry?

What would Tomlinson go for on the open Faab market in week one of the season?

Tom Kessenich

Week 9 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:38 am

Back to my Chris Johnson Man Love, I want to say that the owners who got him at the end of the first round or even in the second deserve all of the happiness they receive. That was absurd and ridiculous value for a Top 3 player. I was shocked at how far Johnson fell in a lot of drafts this year. In all of the leagues I was in where I had a Top 5 pick, there was no way he was ever falling past me and a few times he was there for me. He is an amazing talent and he's the closest thing I've seen to Barry Sanders since Sanders retired.

And yes, I realize the magnitude of that comparison. But that's how good I think Johnson is. He and Adrian Peterson are the two most dynamic running backs in the game right now and Johnson is making a very realistic run at 2,000 yards rushing.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

botherk

Week 9 Thoughts

Post by botherk » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:47 am

Raiders,

I have LT on one team. Watching people babble like I am somehow personally upset about LT's performance is laughable and typical message board silliness.

I have been over my viewpoint and position on LT countless times yet people continue to invent I am somehow saying LT is just as good as he ever was. This is why I am so close to not bothering with football discussion here on this forum anymore. You share an opinion, and people not only jump down your throat for it, but then invent a position you may not even have! lol

Yes, I did watch the game. I see one of the worst run blocking offensive lines I have ever seen. I see some of the worst offensive creativity (to deal with said offensive line issues). I saw Tomlinson get about 13 touches in the game. Most of which had zero chance to go anywhere even if Jim Brown in his prime was given the ball. If Tomlinson is "done" and "dead" than there is NO CHANCE he could EVER produce this season. If and when their star center gets back and maybe they get another offensive lineman to return we will see what happens.

If Tomlinson is so dead, why is the average yard per rush for all other RB's this year close to 2 yard per carry?

What would Tomlinson go for on the open Faab market in week one of the season? I see opinions about the San Diego line.
I see stats for other running backs.
I see questions.

Did you see LT break one tackle?
The answer would be no.
Did you see LT get extra yardage after a fake?
The answer would, again, be no.
Did you see LT go down without getting touched?
The answer would be yes.
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Here are some names for football players.
Ouch, Hitcha, Juke, Blitz

Nag'

Week 9 Thoughts

Post by Nag' » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:48 am

I have LT on one team. Don't you also have him in your WCOFF team in League 66? I only know this because I am a silent partner in that league - not because I'm stalking you. ;)
For Players. By Players.