Priest & LJ

King of Queens

Priest & LJ

Post by King of Queens » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:05 pm

Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Route C:
Glenn - you took a BIG chance not taking Bell in the main event. Not taking a 5th rd. WR (assuming this was what you did) wouldn't kill your team. Losing a starting RB crippled more than 1 team last year. That's why I handcuffed Henry in the 6th tonight even though I had to sacrifice at the WR2. Worth it IMO. Especially with Tenn playoff schedule. Both my partner and I are very high on Bulger this year, and couldn't pass on him at 4.14. With RB-RB-RB-QB in the fold, taking a RB at 5.01 would have been suicide -- particularly in this league. The WRs in New York 2 were being snapped up very quickly. There were no Boldins, Coles or RyWilliams falling to the 5th round in this league. At 5.01, the only "top" receiver left on the board was Drew Bennett. Had we passed on Bennett to take Bell, our already weak receiving corps of Bennett, Evans and TTaylor would have been even thinner. We just couldn't risk sacrificing our starting team's strength to hedge a bet we feel pretty confident in. [/QUOTE]With the additional info I see why you played it that way. For some reason I assumed you started RB/RB/WR - don't know where I got that idea. Too damn many drafts :eek: :D
[/QUOTE]LT2 - Anderson - Cadillac - Bulger - D Bennett - Evans - W Parker - McMichael - T Taylor

kjduke

Priest & LJ

Post by kjduke » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:13 pm

For the main draft I picked up Anderson at 3.6, I agree with you KOQ, I think he has a decent shot at keeping the starting role.

In an early draft a few weeks ago (at the Jungle) I picked him up in the 7th round. That's looking like a real good team (E James, M Anderson, R Brown and W Parker (12th rd); along with CJohnson, DJackson and McNabb/Palmer). Watch out for this one at the top of the board Dyv.

[ September 08, 2005, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

ultimatefs

Priest & LJ

Post by ultimatefs » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:20 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Bottom line:
(1) They combine for close to 400 pts, not 500 as several have argued.
(2) LJ has more value than Priest. You heard it here first!
(3) Draft value - LJ should be right there with the other early to mid 3rd rd RBs, while Priest should go late 3rd/ early 4th, and finally ...
(4) ... anyone using a 1st and 3rd/4th rd pick to take both has seriously handicapped themselves. The best they can hope for is that Priest goes down before opening day allowing LJ to have a monster scoring season, averaging 22.5 ppg while using 1 roster spot, rather than averaging 29 ppg with 2 roster spots (a weak 6.5 incremental pts from the flex).

Gekko, 3INTBOY, take your best shot ... 1. i've pointed out that the KC running backs as a whole have produced OVER 500pts each of the last three years. there is no disputing this. it is a FACT.
2. the only significant value lj has is if holmes gets hurt. taking him in the 3rd REALLY handicaps you.
3. again, draft value is only good if holmes get hurt
4. tell that to the over 500pts scored by KC RB each of the last three years. wooohooo!! but, i am cautious about my strategy. i certainly didn't plan to do that (pick holmes). but the only other player i considered was mcgahee (who i took the day before in the DC league). i decided to try something different on the spur of the moment...which is usually not good :mad:
[/QUOTE]I was stunned that you took Holmes at #5.

Someone said at dinner Thur night at ESPN (I don't recall hearing it) we were at with Greg that you would never handcuff the two.

Not only was I stunned at you taking Holmes #5, I was thrilled that Manning went #6(great guys, but M.Moore/T.Bell starting backfield?) and estatic that McGahee fell to me at #7. Mcgahee could score 18-20 times with his D and that QB. I'm likin' Mcgahee/C.Mart/W.Dunn a lot.

I know how high you are on him as you told me you'd take him going up the escalator to the draft and you took him #6 in DC the day before. (I took James #5)

I had my local $$$ draft tonight. I took LJ at 4.03 (14 teams) to go with J.Jones, Westbrook and T.Gonzalez.

My take on LJ is that he will be getting 30% of the carries with a healthy P.H.. They have to do that if they want to see Priest make it to the playoffs. Even at 10-12 carries for 50-60 yds, 0.5 TD/game, he makes for a decent #3 back. This is the ideal handcuff scenario.

The thing I like about him is that he's really pissed that he's not starting. What if he plays so well, they can't bench him and the roles reverse? Add that to the age and injury factor, and I would not have drafted PH at #7.

GG, you do get a break for not drafting Mcgahee. You won't have to face him in the main.

[ September 08, 2005, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: UFS ]
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

ultimatefs

Priest & LJ

Post by ultimatefs » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:22 pm

[ September 08, 2005, 12:22 AM: Message edited by: UFS ]
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

David Wooderson

Priest & LJ

Post by David Wooderson » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:36 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
bell will be starting by week 8/9 and most definately in the fantasy playoff weeks.

Originally posted by King of Queens:

There's more to this story of why Bell isn't starting, and might not even be 2nd string. Stay tuned... EXACTLY....and those commenting on the Mike Anderson/Tatum Bell situation on behalf of Tatum Bell would be best off shutting up because when the news breaks on the real reason why the Denver RB situation is the way that it is, you will be on the wrong side of this one.

[ September 08, 2005, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: David Wooderson ]

Gordon Gekko

Priest & LJ

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:37 pm

Originally posted by David Wooderson:
EXACTLY....and those commenting on the Mike Anderson/Tatum Bell situation on behalf of Tatum Bell would be best off shutting up because when the news breaks on the real reason why the Denver RB situation is the way that it is, you will be on the wrong side of this one. care to speak up? i've been busy with football drafts and running my baseball teams, that i haven't had time to stay up on all the news. come on, all the nffc drafts are over, what's the real reason. thanks.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Priest & LJ

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:40 pm

Originally posted by UFS:
I was stunned that you took Holmes at #5.
me too. maybe i was stuck in a trance i couldn't get out of.

Gordon Gekko

Priest & LJ

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:41 pm

Originally posted by Dyv:
I took Mikey at 2.26 and while it was calculated risk I believe it to be worthy. Rather than take a surefire 2nd rounder, why not lean in and try to pull a 1st round value?
i certain "bonds" comes to mind

Gordon Gekko

Priest & LJ

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:43 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
However, the stars are aligned for this to happen. curious, did you count your lucky stars too. muuuhahaha!!!

Gordon Gekko

Priest & LJ

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:44 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
I'd be happy to bet that NO ONE in the NFFC with Priest and LJ on their roster ACTUALLY gets close to a combined 500 points from those two thru the 16-week fantasy season. In fact, I'll go with a 475/under bet, any takers? kj - if i'm wrong, i'll end up losing enough anyways