Priest & LJ

Gordon Gekko

Priest & LJ

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:10 pm

Originally posted by UFS:
I was stunned that you took Holmes at #5.
this is the 1st year i relied on a fantasy service (footballguys) for my info. they continue to have priest as the #4RB on their lists. if he doesn't perform to that level or close to it, you can expect me to make a post or two on their MB. they are supposed to be the experts and have more resources than me
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

King of Queens

Priest & LJ

Post by King of Queens » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:11 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
this is the 1st year i relied on a fantasy service (footballguys) for my info. Did you fire your staff? After this move, you might want to hire them back: :D

Route Collectors

Priest & LJ

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:40 am

Originally posted by David Wooderson:
quote: Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
bell will be starting by week 8/9 and most definately in the fantasy playoff weeks.

Originally posted by King of Queens:

There's more to this story of why Bell isn't starting, and might not even be 2nd string. Stay tuned... EXACTLY....and those commenting on the Mike Anderson/Tatum Bell situation on behalf of Tatum Bell would be best off shutting up because when the news breaks on the real reason why the Denver RB situation is the way that it is, you will be on the wrong side of this one. [/QUOTE]How boring would it be if everyone took your advice on this one? "better off shutting up"
Come on Woody this is a MB - we're supposed to say stupid things to each other.
How else are we gonna pass the time until the next kickoff? :D

P.S. I still don't think M.Anderson will make it past week 8 as the starter - but maybe that's because I'm pissed he's not on my team. ;)

King of Queens

Priest & LJ

Post by King of Queens » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:11 am

Originally posted by Route C:
P.S. I still don't think M.Anderson will make it past week 8 as the starter - but maybe that's because I'm pissed he's not on my team. ;) Acceptance is the first step, Jeff. :D

Route Collectors

Priest & LJ

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:46 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Route C:
P.S. I still don't think M.Anderson will make it past week 8 as the starter - but maybe that's because I'm pissed he's not on my team. ;) Acceptance is the first step, Jeff. :D [/QUOTE]I can handle that as long as it's accompanied by 1st place prize money - then I accept. ;)

Dyv

Priest & LJ

Post by Dyv » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:53 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Dyv:
I took Mikey at 2.26 and while it was calculated risk I believe it to be worthy. Rather than take a surefire 2nd rounder, why not lean in and try to pull a 1st round value?
i certain "bonds" comes to mind
[/QUOTE]I have to admit that if Mike Anderson has a knee surgery and it develops a serious infection requiring a major follow-up surgery to clean up then I will be wrong here ;)

D
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

King of Queens

Priest & LJ

Post by King of Queens » Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:30 am

Originally posted by Dyv:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Dyv:
I took Mikey at 2.26 and while it was calculated risk I believe it to be worthy. Rather than take a surefire 2nd rounder, why not lean in and try to pull a 1st round value?
i certain "bonds" comes to mind
[/QUOTE]I have to admit that if Mike Anderson has a knee surgery and it develops a serious infection requiring a major follow-up surgery to clean up then I will be wrong here ;)

D
[/QUOTE]I apologize for shifting the focus of this thread to Anderson/Bell, but the comparison is really quite good. Tatum Bell was, after all, the 2nd highest drafted RB in nearly every league.

As for that Anderson:Bonds thing...

jsferenc

Priest & LJ

Post by jsferenc » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:11 am

I can't find any info on the wire about the "real reason" that Tatum Bell is not starting. Is there anything to that, or is it just MB fodder?
Josh Ferenc

2005 National Fantasy Football Champion. Time for the sequel!

If it's worth doing it's worth overdoing!

King of Queens

Priest & LJ

Post by King of Queens » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:04 am

Originally posted by Gantze Machers:
I can't find any info on the wire about the "real reason" that Tatum Bell is not starting. Is there anything to that, or is it just MB fodder? Not sure that the conspiracy theorists are right on this one, but something sure seems fishy. I mean, EVERYONE expected Bell to take the job from Anderson by the end of camp. Bell was even the #3 RB in one publication. So what happened? Well, some things we know already:

(1) Anderson is a better blocker and a smarter, more mature player. No reason to get Plummer killed when you have virtually no backup.

(2) Anderson is the best inside runner on the team and can get the "tough yards" that Quentin Griffin and others could not get last year. This was a point of obvious frustration for the Broncos last year.

(3) Anderson was named the starter prior to camp, and nothing happened on the field to change Shanahan's mind.

So the big question is: did something happen off the field? We don't have the answer to this yet, but I would not be at all surprised if something happened. As I said at the outset, Bell was a virtual lock in early August to take this job. Things like this just don't happen all the time.

We'll soon find out...

Gordon Gekko

Priest & LJ

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:06 am

wake up people. bell is in the doghouse right now. shanahahahan is "teaching him a lesson". bell will be starting come playoff weeks.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?